Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Wow! What an update, Canna! It's got everything: a harvest, a transgender hero, his sidekick, a villain and a scrog! What a busy place!

wait..what!?! i so gotta catch up lol

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Remember the Colloidal Silver project?

you forgot top secret government conspiracies Glimmer ... the CSP is a division of the PCCC (Punky Crisps Cereal Company) which is the root of all corporate conspiracies.. self proclaimed rulers of the world hmmff. damn them. :lot-o-toke:

My wife love's her magicflight. I love the brownies from the ABV (already been vaped.)

ABV tastes better than bud in brownies

That's great news, Rado. I've got 3 half gallon mason jars of the stuff. Was about to toss it...thanks for the save! I'll google how-to. I'm not a cook, but would like to try more edibles now that I can ease off to a maint. dose of oil. I'm tired of sticky lips !!!

:Namaste:

I found a spider in a plant this morning. I left it there because I figured it must have found food, and if so, I'd like it to keep eating until it finds no more.

I need to understand this SCROG process better. Is there a good reference page here? If I'm gonna keep getting 4 feet tall plants, I need to stop that somehow. My lights are smoking too much pot, imho.

I found a spider in a plant this morning. I left it there because I figured it must have found food, and if so, I'd like it to keep eating until it finds no more.

I need to understand this SCROG process better. Is there a good reference page here? If I'm gonna keep getting 4 feet tall plants, I need to stop that somehow. My lights are smoking too much pot, imho.

bogarts..

ABV works great in edibles but you may notice that the effect is more stony than the flower it came from. That has been our experience at least. Some folks eat it directly as it is already been converted from the vaping process and doesn't technically need anymore heat. This also depends on the temp you vape at. The lower your vaping temp, the more may be left in your ABV, but it will tend to be more couch locky.

And this is just plain awesome. Every time I visit over here I end up gasping at some cool idea of yours.
canna_christmas_tree_3.jpg

:circle-of-love:
Bob

Here is a link to my favorite SCROG out there! Icemud is a master of it for sure. What he pulls off in a 2x4' tent in that journal is mind blowing. Oldie but a goodie.

Icemud Goes LED - Featuring Top LED Grow - Cherry Pie GSC/OGiesel/SFV OG/UVH OG

Edit: Duh, how about the link Bob...:lot-o-toke:

Bob

If i may highjack for a moment..

Whats the difference between scrog and stake/tie downs?
It seems they both achive the same result of even canopies..

Is it just a preference, easier, less time consuming to scrog?

I use both. Tie down for low stress training to create additional tops (or better developed tops) and then use a screen (of green) to pull those tops apart and give them space to grow to create a nice flat top for lights. I use an in between version I picked up from Vic of WIW fame. He used tomato cages and just made a box of screen on top. I copied him.

So, LST, Topping, FIMs, etc all get more colas. The screen lets you arrange it for the best light/ventillation.

I am king of hyjack tonight! Sorry Cannafan!

:Namaste:
Bob

I just HAD to do it. I'm sure people have done this before...but I haven't. The Himher was so wildly branched and tall, I decided to make a Christmas Tree out of it.

My Cannabis Tumbleweed Christmas tree:

:laughtwo:

canna_christmas_tree_3.jpg

And the Canna Santa has already been to the house!

canna_christmas_tree_1.jpg

I got everything I wanted....Plants to cultivate...jars full of buds....syringe of CCO...a beautiful grinder.....and I still don't know what's in the wrapped boxes!

canna_christmas_tree_2.jpg

I guess I'm just going to have to wait......

Well, that just made my night.
Santa's really digs y'all up there!

Also, scrogging allows you to let those main branches grow out. You keep them under the screen until they have reached where you need them, then pull them (the top) through a hole. This will let all of the other smaller branches to get the light and spread out as well. You just keep pulling them through as you see fit and allow as much light as possible for lots of big buds.

Hope that helps.

Also, scrogging allows you to let those main branches grow out. You keep them under the screen until they have reached where you need them, then pull them through a hole. This will let all of the other smaller branches to get the light and spread out as well. You just keep pulling them through as you see fit and allow as much light as possible for lots of big buds.

Hope that helps.

Honestly, no. but thanks soo much for hosting my highjacking:laughtwo::love::thanks:

I dont understand the fascination with scrogs IMHO, not when i think im getting the same result with the added ability to move my plants with ease. I do understand different techniques work for different people on different plants, and hoping thats all this is..

before i figured out the sideways picture taking theme..
1112151640.jpg

roughly 4weeks later
1126151643-1.jpg

fastforward another 2weeks, shes 10days in flower, ive stopped training and shes mostly holding together. maybe 2in difference between tallest/shortest. (and stretching! Didnt get to see my 1st lady stretch)

Hey DankWolf, she's purty. :)

I do a lot of LST, and have been doing regular topping and fimming with this journal. So, I'm certainly fond of what that brings for results.

With the scrog, I can let each main branch grow outward sideways without letting it go up at all until I'm ready to pull the top through.
Along that branch, all of the smaller shoots can now grow as I train them the direction I want, keeping them under the screen until I'm ready to pull the tops of those through. No tie down wires to deal with and get in the way of where I want a branch to go. Once all of the tops are pulled through, I will defoliate everything under the screen so the concentration will be in the tops.

Did you check out Icemuds thread? He's a master for sure.
I did a scrog on my very first grow and was pretty happy with how it went. I'll look through some of the pics and see if I can find something that will help here.

Here's a clip from a post in 2007 by member "Medical Marijuana":

Enter the Screen
When a length of poultry netting is stretched over the grow area, it eliminates the need for conventional training. Tying, bending, and crimping are replaced by using the netting as anchors to keep shoots in position. It can also be perfectly shaped to make best use of the light. The netting is known as the screen, hence the name Screen Of Green or ScrOG for short.

Plants are topped to promote branching, as the plants grow into the screen and their shoot tips start to grow through the holes in the screen, they are pulled back under the screen and guided to the next hole to continue their horizontal growth. All the time maintaining the profile of the screen to maximize light use. Growth is very robust. While now getting the same light intensity as the primary shoot tips, secondary growth seems to blossom, and from the secondary growth comes tertiary growth, etc.. All at the top of the canopy, and all receiving maximum light intensity. How many plants are used depends on how much time the grower wants to take to fill the screen to a point where it will be full with buds at harvest. This will largely depend on the growth traits of the variety he uses, but one can fill a canopy with only one plant if desired.

When flowered, only the slow growing buds are allowed to grow through the holes in the ScrOG. The resulting harvest profile is indeed a Sea Of Green but with much fewer plants and the increased yields gained from making use of the void spaces found in a conventionaly trained, non-SOG canopy.

The link to that post:

How does SCROG improve my canopy and yield?

i stepped out for a smoke and :idea:

im thinking scrog is for those that want many many smaller colas. opposed to the single large w/several popcorns?
im going for 8-16 large colas.? (currently 10 on her)

i still dont understand your reasoning canna, sorry.
i read that With the scrog, I can let one main branch grow outward sideways without letting it go up at all until I'm ready to pull the top through.
Along that branch, all of the smaller shoots can now grow as I train them the direction I want, keeping them under the screen until I'm ready to pull the tops of those through.

thats pretty much what ive done..
and i invision LA's Fluxing.
maybe its just easier for me? because i like the idea of moving my plants if needed, without clearing a tangled net?

I follow Icemud, and also see Oldergrower with a stunning scrog. and many others with nice results!

i stepped out for a smoke and :idea:

im thinking scrog is for those that want many many smaller colas. opposed to the single large w/several popcorns?
im going for 8-16 large colas.? (currently 10 on her)

i still dont understand your reasoning canna, sorry.
i read that With the scrog, I can let one main branch grow outward sideways without letting it go up at all until I'm ready to pull the top through.
Along that branch, all of the smaller shoots can now grow as I train them the direction I want, keeping them under the screen until I'm ready to pull the tops of those through.

thats pretty much what ive done..
and i invision LA's Fluxing.
maybe its just easier for me? because i like the idea of moving my plants if needed, without clearing a tangled net?

I follow Icemud, and also see Oldergrower with a stunning scrog. and many others with nice results!

I added to my post with another quote from a member. Probably after you read my first part. LOL

I totally understand what you're saying, and I'm not saying that your LST is not working for the same goal. With the Scrog, you can get many big colas as well. The Scrog I'm doing is also portable.

For myself, I find the tie down method tedious. That's just me. ;-) I really liked doing the Scrog before, because I could train those branches in different directions horizontally before allowing them to shoot upward. And I know I got more Colas with the scrog than I did with my own LST during the first grow.

Both methods work well for sure. And fluxing is awesome too. Again, those tedious wires for me. LOL

PeeJay is doing these portable scrogs, but his are MUCH neater than mine. I'll locate his pics and post in a second. :)

Here's PeeJay's porta-scrogs:

20151111_135815.jpg

This probably all boils down to personal preference, as I said...each method works very well. I just want to get away from the tie downs on this reveg and give the Scrog a go again to see what I can do with it.

:)

You walked away for a smoke? Whatcha' smokin' tonight? Hmmmmm? :drool:

LOL, you kept it a secret on what you were smoking. Must be some "Dank" bud.....:laughtwo:

I'll post lots of pictures on my Scrog as I go, so we can see the difference between that and the other reveg of the same mother plant that will be nothing but topping and LST. It ought to be interesting to see the outcome. I love a good comparison grow. :)

John:
3 Half gallon jars of ABV???? Holy smokes dude!

And Bob, I really appreciate the information from you on the ABV. I have something new to save for now. Awesome :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom