Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

:biglaugh:
Sorry, musta missed that question..
Unfortunately nothing dank, twas only a tobacco cigarette.

Look forward to spending my time stalking you over then next few months:battingeyelashes:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

i stepped out for a smoke and :idea:

im thinking scrog is for those that want many many smaller colas. opposed to the single large w/several popcorns?
im going for 8-16 large colas.? (currently 10 on her)

i still dont understand your reasoning canna, sorry.
i read that With the scrog, I can let one main branch grow outward sideways without letting it go up at all until I'm ready to pull the top through.
Along that branch, all of the smaller shoots can now grow as I train them the direction I want, keeping them under the screen until I'm ready to pull the tops of those through.

thats pretty much what ive done..
and i invision LA's Fluxing.
maybe its just easier for me? because i like the idea of moving my plants if needed, without clearing a tangled net?

I follow Icemud, and also see Oldergrower with a stunning scrog. and many others with nice results!

I am afraid I am thinking just like you. I keep hearing people reference the SCROG, and I keep seeing beautiful pictures of them in place, but I struggle to imagine how to deal with the plants being stuck under the thing when I want to adjust their buckets under the light or even what real benefit I would get out of it - the light penetration through my natural canopy is no less than through a scrog canopy, and I couldn't be pulling any more branches into the optimal light path than I do now. I dunno. I feel like I will try this scrogging thing one day because I keep asking about it and researching it.

you forgot top secret government conspiracies Glimmer ... the CSP is a division of the PCCC (Punky Crisps Cereal Company) which is the root of all corporate conspiracies.. self proclaimed rulers of the world hmmff. damn them. :lot-o-toke:

Fantastic, that had me laughing out loud (at work (lunch)). Lots of curious heads turned, told them "I'm having fun at work, don't you?" :)

:biglaugh:
Sorry, musta missed that question..
Unfortunately nothing dank, twas only a tobacco cigarette.

Look forward to spending my time stalking you over then next few months:battingeyelashes:

LOL, you'll be a good lil' stalker I'm sure. :) That reveg is already trying to grow through the screen. I will need to spend a ton of time this morning getting these two plants under the same light so I can do a fair comparison. They will both receive the same treatment of topping and defoliation where I feel needed, keeping light to the lower areas. Right now they are going to be 18/6 light schedule while I train.

I was going to say something ... but glimmergras said it better :green_heart::slide::bump::circle-of-love:

There has been some wonderful giggle fest reading going on. Love it!

I am afraid I am thinking just like you. I keep hearing people reference the SCROG, and I keep seeing beautiful pictures of them in place, but I struggle to imagine how to deal with the plants being stuck under the thing when I want to adjust their buckets under the light or even what real benefit I would get out of it - the light penetration through my natural canopy is no less than through a scrog canopy, and I couldn't be pulling any more branches into the optimal light path than I do now. I dunno. I feel like I will try this scrogging thing one day because I keep asking about it and researching it.

Well, I'm starting to think this comparison grow of the two methods is going to be well worth while. We can all see the plus/minus during the grow and which of them yields better or yield the same. :)

Heads up Canna..... Herbies competition.
;)

:laughtwo: I hope I get as many seeds as there are pollen sacs on this thing. I'll be sittin' on a sack of them for sure. :)

Fantastic, that had me laughing out loud (at work (lunch)). Lots of curious heads turned, told them "I'm having fun at work, don't you?" :)

:laughtwo: That gave me a hefty laugh last night as well. Completely forgot to reply to that. Thanks so much Gypsy! That is probably quite true...maybe....you never really know....{{looking over my shoulder with nervous paranoia at that box of rice crispies...are those undercover punky crisps??}}

I'm going to make an attempt at a repair on the defective LED light before I go to work today. If I can get that fixed, it's going to make a big difference in how I set up the next run of flowering kids, including the Auto's that I will start to germ soon.
I thought I had another plant in the flower room that needed harvesting.....but I didn't. I'm only waiting on the THC Bomb, it's getting more brown pistils all the time and seems to be compacting the buds a bit. Sure is taking it's sweet time!

So this is where everyone is...

Just read the last few pages, and there is plenty happening in here.

Absolutely love the xmas tree.

So this is where everyone is...

Just read the last few pages, and there is plenty happening in here.

Absolutely love the xmas tree.

:welcome: TheBlaze :)

This is going to be an interesting winter around here for sure. LOL Auto's...Reveg...Photo girls....Scrog...LST/Topping/Fimming....LED vs HPS... Pollination and Seed making....

You know...all the normal grow stuff. :laughtwo:

Well, that just made my night.
Santa's really digs y'all up there!

I'm glad to supply some smiles for you Cajun. Santa finally found a way into my house. I think I'll keep him around a while, maybe just let him out the night before Christmas.

:tokin:

Damn woman! I get tired just reading what you've been up to and plan on doing. I'm far too lazy for such an undertaking. Even though I love this hobby, I find myself taking the path of least resistance. Thank God for people like you, so that I can stand on your shoulders. :thumb:

Not sure if any of you have noticed, but my bud pictures lately have looked a little odd. It started with the Volcano forest that I noticed it. Pixellated or something, just strange looking. I found the problem. When I reset the resolution for syncing my videos on my phone with my movie maker program on the laptop, it changed the resolution for still pics as well. I think I have the problem resolved. I'll post a pic or two shortly to see what we get as well as an update on what I'm doing with the shemale. :)

Okay, the shemale has been identified as a White Widow feminised clone which were from home grown seeds.
I have it sitting in front of the window where the canna tree was (you didn't think I would leave that up till Christmas did you? LOL It's getting chopped for cannabutter)

I needed to get this set quickly because I know how fast those pollen sacs start going.
I put a large piece of plastic sheeting under it and folded up the sides to keep stray pollen from blowing off, I will be tapping the branches as those pollen sacs open up into a container. Any pollen that falls onto the plastic will be swiped up with Q-tips and stored in a baggy. I've used Q-tips to apply pollen to flowers in the past, so that should work out fine.

shemale.jpg

Now all I need to do is pick a plant for selective branch pollination. The Afghan Kush in the flower room is doing well....or the Buddha Clone. Only problem with the Buddha clone is that I have no clue what strain it is...so it's probably going to be Afghan Kush. We'll see, I am known to change my mind a time or two during the last minutes of a decision. LOL

The CannaChristmas Tree has been immortalized and can be recalled at will. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I appreciate the thorough way you present these projects. It leaves a wonderful digital record, making a seemingly intimidating technique more approachable. Well done Canna. :circle-of-love:

That will be fun to get some seeds from that boy/girl! Cannafan's Afghan Widow Kush sounds like a winner! You should be your own seedbank so we can order Cannafan seeds from Herbies :thumb:

On the SCROG front, I also found that keeping them under one giant screen was tough to work with so I adopted the tomato cage scrog technique (again taken from Vic here on 420 and not my original idea).
WWxBB_11-29.JPG

Easy to move and easy to work with. It creates lots of places to tie off to. But, wont work with too much bigger plants.

I also really think that your lighting choice may really affect what growing technique works for you. IF you have lots of lights with great penetration, then a scrog may just be a pain. If you have lights that create a very narrow band of effective lighting vertically, then a scrog or something similar may help a great deal. YMMV as they say.

:circle-of-love:
Bob

Very good points Dr Bob! And I must say, lovely Colas you have going there! :)

Glimmer, I hadn't thought of it that way...but excellent way of thinking on it. :) I just looked around and found that there isn't a q-tip left anywhere in the house. Off to the store before work....oh well.

Thanks Sue, I am so glad that I could put that gangly monster to some realm of positive remembrance before chopping it. :laughtwo:

Okay, I think I have the camera issue resolved. Here's the recent chops hanging in the closet to dry. Afghan Kush and WW x MK

12_2_51.jpg

12_2_41.jpg

12_2_31.jpg

12_2_21.jpg

12_2_11.jpg

Is the bottom lovely the WW cross? Gorgeous. I envy your skills girl. :high-five:

What accommodations do you make in the closet, i.e.... fans, heat in winter, etc???

Is the bottom lovely the WW cross? Gorgeous. I envy your skills girl. :high-five:

What accommodations do you make in the closet, i.e.... fans, heat in winter, etc???

The bottom is the WW x MK. :)

The closet has a small fan on a top shelf blowing horizontally and I keep the door ajar about 2 inches to let it draw fresh air in. No problem on heat, that room has an HPS unit going and it's warmer than the rest of the house. LOL
If I run into a too dry environment I hang a wet towel on the hangar bar near the fan, that usually works out quite well. The popcorn buds and larger trim are on food dehydrator trays below the hanging buds.

My new curiosity is on the pistils that are alive on the shemale. Will they turn to seed if I allow some pollen on them? Only time will tell.....

pistils_pollen_sacs.jpg

Doesn't that look like a lovely bouquet? LOL Would have made a nice decoration on Heirloom's birthday cake, or Mr Am4zin's Congrats cake....

Back
Top Bottom