Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

:love:

i still see and hear a lot of resistance from old skoolers when it comes to repairing modern technology lol. it used to be more money than it was worth a few years ago, but not so much nowadaze. T5's are really easy.. most digital ballasts are too. i don't have LED so i haven't researched much there.

What I'm hoping is that it is just a soldering issue or something has loosened up on the back side of that panel, and that they haven't been burned out by too much heat. The heat shouldn't be the case, because the other panel is working perfectly and receives the same amount of it. I'm crossing me fingers and toes. ;-)
If I can't get it working, I at least have a half panel to use. I'm determined though......

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

power drill. use a bit larger than the rivit center. just drill lightly until the top of the rivit pops off. then push it out with a punch or something. :)

Yep, and that works on filters too. Just drill, fill & re rivet. (Insert power tool smiley)

Hi Canna,

Good luck in fixing that light. You are now in my world of fun with that sort of thing. Your chances are actually quite good that it is a failed solder point or something of the type. I ran a hardware bench repair group for 10 years and we could fix most of what went wrong in computers, network gear, etc. Using your eyes and sometimes even your nose will tell you where heat has caused an issue.

You are a soul of many skills. Very cool!

:circle-of-love:
Bob

Hi ya Bob!

You would not believe the things I have repaired and saved from junkyards/dumps in my lifetime. Everything! ...and now on to LED's Time to learn something new. :laughtwo:
I did computer repair for a while as a favor to friends and family, but I found that when I had a particularly difficult one I couldn't sleep at night because it kept running through my mind that there is something simple I missed. (DOS was a PITA!) All of a sudden it would hit me and I would just HAVE to get out of bed and test that thought....which would lead to hours of reinstalling software etc. etc. etc.

If I can fix it...I don't have to pay someone to fix it. ;-)

That would have been fun to do what you did. Lots of different things coming in and out, I'm sure.

It was. My job was to keep tons of gear running on a shoestring budget. If it has keys or a screen or anything like that I have likely seen the inside of it. I love puzzles!

:high-five:
Bob

Well now, this shemale is probably going to be giving me pollen over the weekend. It's moving fast! Nanners are already exposing themselves:

pollen_6.jpg

pollen_51.jpg

You're probably going to think I've gone totally crazy...but I did a major defoliation to the plant. I figure I don't need all of those leaves for storing nutrients as the plant is getting plenty from the soil right now. I'm not flowering, and as quick as these pollen sacs are going to release, it's just not needed. The leaves would be in the way catching pollen that I want. I also wrapped a plastic bag around the base to catch anything from the smaller ones near the soil:

pollen_7.jpg

This should make it a much easier job on the collection process. :)

The LED panel is impossible. The actual panel that the LED's are attached to is fused or permanently affixed to a thin metal panel. I have no way of getting to the back of the LED's to see the solder or wiring.
So, I will have one half of an LED light for sure working and the other half probably completely non working at some point. Half is better than none! I am very happy with Smart Grow Technologies taking care of me as a customer and sending a great working unit to replace that. :thumb:

Well now, this shemale is probably going to be giving me pollen over the weekend. It's moving fast! Nanners are already exposing themselves:

pollen_6.jpg

pollen_51.jpg

You're probably going to think I've gone totally crazy...but I did a major defoliation to the plant. I figure I don't need all of those leaves for storing nutrients as the plant is getting plenty from the soil right now. I'm not flowering, and as quick as these pollen sacs are going to release, it's just not needed. The leaves would be in the way catching pollen that I want. I also wrapped a plastic bag around the base to catch anything from the smaller ones near the soil:

pollen_7.jpg

This should make it a much easier job on the collection process. :)

Plastic all over the floor and soil - Dexter would approve !

I was corporate PC repairman for an 18 story office building in the early 80s. I was so happy when they hired a staff of PC experts to repace me :)
The amount of trade journals and user manuals and I had to read each week to advise employees on how to use their first computer was ridiculous.

plastic all over the floor and soil - dexter would approve !

hahahahahaahah

High! It's good to see you out and about. I was giving you plenty of time to rest up.

Ummmm.....no...didn't get them "done". I grind them myself. For some reason my fingernails are growing like crazy this year, I've never had to deal with constant filing them before. Must be something in the oil.....

:laughtwo:
I swear I just told fella that same thing today!!! It seems like they are growing out every night and they have gotten much stronger... Who knew...:confused: Hope your having a great Friday... I just updated the baby Tut so when you have a minute pop over and check her out....:circle-of-love:

Ahhh....it's Saturday and a full day off. What adventures...or misadventures are in store for us today?
Going to get the light hung back up in the basement, check on THC Bomb for trichome colors. Then I think I'll cut that seeded branch off and pilfer through it for the rest of them. I've read that you can cut the pollinated branch and hold them in a jar of water for the remainder of the seed maturation process. Anyone know if that's true?
I had one other branch on it that I put a little pollen on, I'm going to test that out. :)

I think I will also tackle the tumbleweed himher today and get that out of the way.

I have a plant to move to the flower room, another Afghan Kush.

Should have my newest seed order in the mailbox today, based on previous delivery times. Then I will get my next round of germing schedule written down and a plan in effect.

Ahhh....it's Saturday and a full day off. What adventures...or misadventures are in store for us today?
Going to get the light hung back up in the basement, check on THC Bomb for trichome colors. Then I think I'll cut that seeded branch off and pilfer through it for the rest of them. I've read that you can cut the Pollinate branch and hold them in a jar of water for the remainder of the seed maturation process. Anyone know if that's true?
I had one other branch on it that I put a little pollen on, I'm going to test that out. :)

I think I will also tackle the tumbleweed himher today and get that out of the way.

I have a plant to move to the flower room, another Afghan Kush.

Should have my newest seed order in the mailbox today, based on previous delivery times. Then I will get my next round of germing schedule written down and a plan in effect.

and all I've done today is drink coffee, smoke cigs, have breakfast, raked all leaves and toted them to the curb. OH, I smoked a few bowls.

Two weeks after my second order from Original Sensible Seeds I finally got a tracking number. Since my last seeds were stolen by customs, I had to select insured with tracking and super stealth and I'm hoping that they get here pretty soon. If not, I will move to photo-period plants and work the tent that way.

Hope your day goes as planned Canna. :circle-of-love::passitleft:

and all I've done today is drink coffee, smoke cigs, have breakfast, raked all leaves and toted them to the curb. OH, I smoked a few bowls.

Two weeks after my second order from Original Sensible Seeds I finally got a tracking number. Since my last seeds were stolen by customs, I had to select insured with tracking and super stealth and I'm hoping that they get here pretty soon. If not, I will move to photo-period plants and work the tent that way.

Hope your day goes as planned Canna. :circle-of-love::passitleft:

I'm slowly working on it, like you...I've had a lot of coffee just sittin' and plannin'. LOL

I sure hope your seeds make it! I always have to do super stealth, where the seeds are removed from the original breeder packaging and repackaged in smaller baggies. I'm told that it is getting increasingly difficult to get them through to my State. Grrrr.....
Maybe that's why I'm getting my seeds all ordered before end of this year? Fear of not being able to get them in the future.........:)

Hope the rest of your day goes well too!

I swear I just told fella that same thing today!!! It seems like they are growing out every night and they have gotten much stronger... Who knew...:confused: Hope your having a great Friday... I just updated the baby Tut so when you have a minute pop over and check her out....:circle-of-love:

Lol. Yes. That's a very common result of the oil. Your hair, nailed, skin, etc. will all benefit.

Lol. Yes. That's a very common result of the oil. Your hair, nailed, skin, etc. will all benefit.

Thanks for that info!

Today is a day when I seriously need these nails. Seed harvest day! There is no way to do this with gloves on, so the nails are gonna get sticky. LOL
Stick around, some pretty cool pics coming up in a bit.

Hi Canna,
Thank you by the way for posting the pictures of how you collected the pollen, I hope to someday dabble a little with making seeds myself and your plastic trick really looked like a great way to isolate the pollen. :thumb::bravo:

Next project, I cut off the seeded branch on THC Bomb. I was a little concerned that I wasn't going to get very many seeds off this, but as usual the surprises are right next to the stem hidden below the leaves and pistils. This should be a pretty good haul once I get them all out of there:

seeds_11.jpg

seeds_3.jpg

seeds_4.jpg

seeds_22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom