Gypsy's Caravan Chronicles - Book 1 - Caravan Chaos

thanks man! yeah Frank is an offshoot of Cascadia Kush (Frankenstein x AK47). probably a Frankenstein dominant pheno. it's really close to the CK, but different. deeper, richer flavor. 0% CBD but still really heavy head and body stone. i don't know exactly how to describe it but every time i take a hit of it i'm like THAT'S the way pot is supposed to taste :tokin:

i'm debating on trying some of this caviar now.. better make some yerba mate tea so i can stay awake lol
oil_scrapings.JPG

:Namaste:

yep. it lead to a 2 hour nap. :sleep: after a 10 minute :cough: recovery :laugh:
that was the side of the pie pan stuff that builds up during evap. it's a mix of White Widow, Permafrost and OG Kush. the Perma adds a nice red color while the OG and the WW typically produce a nice blonde. packs a punch for sure lol. i'll probably make another batch tonight. i'll get pics and post the process. it's an amazingly easy and fast method :)

:thanks::love:

Just new to vaping, I'd really appreciate that. I barely had time to break my tabletop one when I left for vacation and they delivered the portable one as I was leaving the building to head for the airport. Teach me.

Just new to vaping, I'd really appreciate that. I barely had time to break my tabletop one when I left for vacation and they delivered the portable one as I was leaving the building to head for the airport. Teach me.

:oops: sorry Sue, i should have wrote that out.. evaporation. i forget about the non-smoker smokers out there :laughtwo: though you could vape this stuff. probably a lot easier on the ol' lungs lol. this is the result of a 99% isopropal alcohol extraction method. as the mixture evaporates the clear oil caviar builds up on the sides of the pyrex pie pan.

got caught up seed shopping so i'm running late lol

here's the original version

Honey Hash Oil...in 100 seconds

as per request..
here it is..

all the standard disclaimers pertaining to dangerous solvents apply. work OUTDOORS, or in a well ventilated area like a shed, unless you own a fume hood.

what you'll need:
(1) 1/8-1/4 ounce of dry buds/shake/frosty trim
(1) quart mason jar with plastic lid (metal works in a pinch)
(1) cup of 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alchohol or everclear
(1) unbleached (brown) coffee filter
(1) small stainless steel collander with handle (99 cent store)
(2) pyrex or glass pans or corningware casserole dishes (1 will suffice, 2 better)
(1) rubbermaid tote (large enough for your evap. dishes to sit in)
(1) pot of hot water

boil a pot of water and set everything up in your work area before starting.
time is of the essence when doing this. work as quickly as possible during all steps,
but work carefully. its easy to fuck it up if you're sloppy.
arrange both evap. dishes right next to each other before you start, as well.

paper towels are good to have around too.

step 1

add the weed to the quart jar and cover with an equal volume of solvent.
replace lid.
holding the jar, not the lid, shake it like you're mad at it for 100 seconds.

step 2

over your 1st evap. dish, carefully, and slowly, pour the contents of the jar into the coffee filter nexted in the collander.
some stuff will get stuck in the jar, dont worry about it right now. put the jar aside.

let it drip through the coffee filter and collect in the dish.
once the alchie stops draining freely, or after 60 seconds or so, whichever comes first, move over to the 2nd evap. dish. and let it run till it stops dripping.
if using just one dish, just set the collander down on the table while you work on the next step.

step 3

wash the plant matter off the inside walls of the quart jar with a small amount of solvent, as little as possible, then, over your second evaporation dish, pour the contents of the jar into the coffee filter with the rest of the 'spent' plant material. some liquid should drip through.

at this point you can either stop, or, over the 2nd evap plate, or a third, gently pull the sides of the filter together at the top, in essence closing it up into a 'pouch' and apply some slight pressure to 'purge' the remainder of solvent from the plant matter. stop when you start to see the color of the liquid change.

if you have used 2 or more dishes, you will have 2 or more 'grades' of oil. if you use just one, it will all be combined.

another advantage of multiple dishes is ease in evaporating/drying. its of utter importance you let your oil evap fully and dry completely before smoking. this leads us to the last step

step 4

pour the hot/boiling water into the bottom of your rubbermaid container, about half the height of your evap. dish, and set the dishes in the heat bath to evap. fully. remember to replace the hot water when it gets to room temp. may need to do it 3 or 4 times before your solvent has been fully purged from the product.

you shouldnt have to, but you can use a blow dryer on a low setting to speed the evaporation process. this is dangerous, but then again so is working with solvents. if you arent smart enough to be able to work with electrical devices around h2o, then you certainly arent capable of doing this procedure

meanwhile, back at the ranch...

once evaporation is complete, youll be left with an offwhite/gold to cherry colored film, depending on how quick you did things and the starting material. some strains make oily concentrate, some a pastier consistancy.

set it in a cool, dry place and let it 'cure' in open air for at least 2 days before scraping up your bounty with a clean razor blade. if you are desperate you can smoke it after 24 hours. i wait 5 days before scraping the plate.

this stuff melts at slightly above room temp and turns to glass anything under, so store it in the fridge or freezer in an airtight box or jar. i use a plastic box lined with wax paper and do not press my product.

wayyyyy to complicated :laughtwo:

my version. 99% isopropyl alcohol. lower percentage can lead to white residue. quart canning jar. coffee filter. a gold screen coffee filter works well. pyrex pie dish.

everything is pretty much the same. put the trimmings in the jar. i go about half full. cover them with alcohol about 1/8" more than the material. put the lid on tight and shake like hell for 100 seconds. remove the lid and drain into the pan through the filter. with practice you can get most everything out on the first try without adding a little more alc to wash the sides of the jar. i skip the boiler process entirely and use a fan placed about 1 foot away blowing directly into the mix. normally i just leave over night and it's dry in the morning, but it only takes 2-3 hours normally. although the product can be used when dry, i prefer to leave it in a well sealed box for about a week or two just to make sure everything evaporates.. a sort of cure almost.

here's the mixture in the pan pre-evaporation
alcoil1.jpg

the gold screen lets through just ever so slightly larger particulates which renders the oil more manageable. the two grades mentioned in the original tek will begin to separate during evaporation. you can see the cleaner oil built up on the sides of the dish..
alcoil2.jpg

the particulate stuff builds up on the bottom along with a layer or the caviar oil on the sides. i usually keep side stuff separate from the bottom stuff though.
alcoil3.jpg

even the bottom stuff is pretty oily too :)
alcoil4.jpg

the main keys are like the original says. 1) move fast and smooth. do a dry run first just to make sure if need be. 2) 100 seconds. no more. more leads to extraction of chlorophyll and other undesirables that have to be separated with polar solvents like in other methods. 3) like i say lol.. 99% alc. trust me on this ;)

it's not the ultimate production method.. nor the 100% clean method, but it is a good inexpensive and easy route to some truly damn good quality product when you put the right stuff in.

ok have fun, be SAFE :love: i'm taking a few hits of the caviar before bed lol

:Namaste:

I happen to have whipped some of this stuff up a couple nights ago with a couple of handfuls of Mama Thai sativa. This 'having a few hits before bed' thing means I'm not getting to bed till 6 am or 8 am, cause I'm busy buzzing around all night...wheeee.....

I happen to have whipped some of this stuff up a couple nights ago with a couple of handfuls of Mama Thai sativa. This 'having a few hits before bed' thing means I'm not getting to bed till 6 am or 8 am, cause I'm busy buzzing around all night...wheeee.....

i think the White Widow adds the knock out effect lol. Perma or OG by themselves are usually energetic.

i'm at a cross roads with this White Cookies. she had a little phosphorus issue at first but is recovering well enough to flower. earlier on i was thinking of cloning the two tops, but it got away from me a little before i could lol. i still might, but the first clone still has not rooted after 3 weeks. i was hoping for a more clone friendly pheno.. tough choice lol. open to suggestions :love:
White_Cookies5.JPG

veg room is holding nicely. :)
rh_temp1.JPG

the auto girls are happy. Early Miss (in back) got a touch too much nutes on the second dose. yellowed those new tips slightly. she's also mad at me for clipping part of a leaf off while moving to the veg room from the nursery. Candy Cane (in front) seems to be calming down a bit lol. ..and yes that's the RH.Thermometer soaking wet after taking a dive into the humidifier bucket :oops: a new use for hardware cloth has been discovered :laughtwo: humidifier/fogger cover! or is it long forgotten technology that i am only recently re-discovering? only Giorgio A. Tsoukalos may have the answer.
CC_and_EM_day_22.JPG

a closer look at Candy Cane (22 days)
Candy_Cane_day_22.JPG

Early Miss (22 days)
Early_Miss_day_22.JPG

more girls are going into the flower room soon. still need to transplant and sex those Ice Wrecks lol. Poor Pitbull got a blast of CO2 last night to hopefully hold the Borg at bay for one more week. she's at about 5% amber. the sacrifice turned out pretty good. i'm surprised how potent even at 5%. at any rate i think it wiped the Borg out fairly well. i had two large boxes and was able to make a 2 half shell. much better than bagging for a CO2 treatment. the plant was hardly disturbed at all. just taped the seam up, gave it a good blast.. about half the bottle lol.. and let it sit for about an hour and a half. she came out reeking so nice! and best of all nothing moving. the addition of the CO2 bottle sure has made life easier in regards to late pest management. honestly, out of everything i have tried it is hands down the best treatment. the Flora-mite seems to be doing it's job on the veg and early flower girls. life is good lol. backed up and behind, but good.

:Namaste::green_heart:

Hahaha! I suppose half the bottle would be a sufficient blast. :laughtwo: You seem to have discovered a sure fire way to eliminate the Borg. How exciting! :yahoo: The idea of building a shell around her was a stroke of genius. Have you shared this in the coffee shop, because you should have.

That write up on honey oil was splendid. I know nothing of that. I'm such a pedestrian consumer of cannabis at this point. What equipment does one need to consume the end result? I'm so basic I just moved into vaping, and only because other people purchased them for me.

I have to tell you, I find your sense of humor absolutely delightful. I never visit that you don't have me falling on the floor. Add in Weaselcracker and I don't stand a chance. :laughtwo:

Hahaha! I suppose half the bottle would be a sufficient blast. :laughtwo: You seem to have discovered a sure fire way to eliminate the Borg. How exciting! :yahoo: The idea of building a shell around her was a stroke of genius. Have you shared this in the coffee shop, because you should have.

i really need a gauge lol. the frost bite fingers method kinda sucks. i consider myself lucky to have gotten the bottle so i'll keep the complaints to a minimum :laughtwo:
i can share it there. need to catch up anyways.. that and about 40 threads.

That write up on honey oil was splendid. I know nothing of that. I'm such a pedestrian consumer of cannabis at this point. What equipment does one need to consume the end result? I'm so basic I just moved into vaping, and only because other people purchased them for me.

you van vape it. put it on a joint, in a pipe or bong, but it does boil. i lovely yellow bubbly goo :love: i just use a designated pipe. you can also eat a pellet with a hot cup of coffee and really go on a journey LOL

I have to tell you, I find your sense of humor absolutely delightful. I never visit that you don't have me falling on the floor. Add in Weaselcracker and I don't stand a chance. :laughtwo:

every day a song, every day a laugh my dear :love:

Could you dissolve it in a hot beverage?

I need to purchase a smaller, more precise scale. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom