Gypsy's Caravan Chronicles - Book 1 - Caravan Chaos

Cool new light El G. My HID lights heat my grow. Vent fans run by thermostat and kick on to bring in fresh air regularly. More often in summer than winter but always for plenty of fresh air. I muse about how I could replace my 600s with an equivalent or greater amount of led light. I used to assume that it wasn't an option. Now I'm not sure but am just barely starting to check the facts.
I need heat. I would like them to produce enough heat to make the venting work, or I will need to supplement the heating somehow, which may not make practical/economical sense... If you get any insight on the heat difference though, throw me a bone. Thanks!

will do! :)

i'm also a bit concerned. temps are currently maxing at 84f.

oh damn 421.. missed it by one minute lol

So you're three hours behind me here in Phoenix and five behind me in Pittsburgh. I'll keep that in mind when I get home. It's fun to catch you in real time every once in a while. It always feels like if I could just turn that corner a little bit faster....... :laughtwo:

So you're three hours behind me here in Phoenix and five behind me in Pittsburgh. I'll keep that in mind when I get home. It's fun to catch you in real time every once in a while. It always feels like if I could just turn that corner a little bit faster....... :laughtwo:

i don't know.. lately i have a hard time keeping up with myself :laughtwo:
most winters are not this busy, but there are so many changes going on. the weekends are just flying by and i spend about 11 hours a day for work. eventually, after i say it enough times (lol) i will update my resume and cover letter and seek work closer to home. it's hard to find out there. i'm in a somewhat remote part of Washington State. the good news is the nearest town seems to have become mj farm central lol. i think they will be the first recipients. we shall see. i know many of these guys and wouldn't work for them LOL. there are a few that have it together though. offering medical benefits etc. to employees. that's what i am really looking for besides half the drive. working in an industry i have a passion for would sure make life better too.

anyways, lol, not much to update. Bridget never got her hair cut lol. still under the 6500k's. it will happen this week though. i did add a few more girls to the flower room. a small OG Kush and i'll be damned if i haven't forgot what the other was 🤦

trouble is now i am running out of room in there lol. i may have to create a back up situation temporarily for Bridget. still moving stuff around and redesigning things. the veg room is going to fully convert to LED. i have two Mars 300's and a 600 on the way. everything is going into the veg room, but one of the 300's may be a floater. could be Bridgets personal light lol.

the nice thing is i will up the PAR in the veg room and reduce wattage a little. even running all the LED's will ring in at around 900 watts. less another 140 if i pull the other 300w. so now i have an excuse to up the wattage in the flower room of course :rofl:

it's going to be quite a while before i can convert the flower room, and i do need a little heat in the winter months.. so i am going to move the 1000w HPS over and add an extra 600w HPS. i may have to turn the 1000w down to 750w to keep from tripping the breaker, but i am gonna get some buds :)

other updates. another White Cookies clone took off.. another trainer imo :)

Dark Angel gets cloned tonight. still fighting mites on that one. they really like it unfortunately. strange how they are mostly going for that one though, with so many flavors available lol.

Candy Cane and Early Miss are about 3' tall and EM is still wayyyy ahead of CC. still getting nute burnt tips on her though. i'm wondering if she will ever take nutes lol.

got another female Ice Wreck and a few Crown Royals are ready to clone and go to flower.. slowly but surely the veg room is emptying out :laughtwo: i so can't wait to get to a point where just mothers are in there. what i really need is spring LOL. plenty of room outside and i have a feeling we are in for another great year for OD grows :)
this is what last summer produced.. Harli-Tsu. amazing strain for outdoors. if i can still get a hold of it i will definitely do it again. one of the guys at the co-op is the care taker and i must say he has done a fine job :love:
Harli-Tsu.JPG

still waiting on my TNSB order.. probably still a good thing lol, but i have yet to receive a tracking number and ordered on 12/21. i should probably send an inquiry soon.

dang.. so much more and so little time lol. i'll try and update with pics again soon!

much love! :Namaste::circle-of-love::Namaste:

A fine grow here gypsy. I would say reward yourself but it looks like your ladies already did that :lot-o-toke:

thanks! :love:

yep. the Poor Pit Bull ended up at about 6.5oz of nice jar buds. the rest will be edibles and oil. :) i'm really impressed with her after all she went through. i've had this strain for a few years and she's always been a show off lol. i would definitely recommend her for anyone looking for a fast and friendly indica. :hookah:

the White Cookies is beginning to grab my attention as well. she's no slow poke either.

speaking of slow... i better check that order lol

thanks again! :circle-of-love:

just tracked the LED's. the two 300's will be here tomorrow :yahoo: so it looks like Bridget gets her own personal light for a while.

i've been forgetting to update Goblin Mutant for a while too lol. mostly because she doesn't look a heck of a lot different :laughtwo: except for some mite damage... ugh. she needs some leaf removal, but i think she is big enough to put to flower now. i don't think i'll be doing any training with her. she's very stiff lol. hasn't put out a normal leaf yet and is very very slow. maybe flipping will kick her into gear.

:love::Namaste::love:

finally gave Bridget her do. i took out four fans that were touching dirt and one large one from center/top area. PT'd a few spots for now. i probably won't leave her that way too long. just enough to give the inner stuff a jump. she's a little grumpy lol.. but starting to darken up after the nutes. she got another light and very small dose tonight.
Bridget_01122016.JPG

almost too stoned to water my plants so i better hurry :laughtwo:

much love! :peace::hippy::peace:

Almost too stoned to water the plants. LOL! A man after my own heart. :love:

I can't stop yawning. Maybe it's time to call it a night? At 10:40? Isn't there a law about going to bed this early? I just caught up on music I missed because I was so sick on Violin Friday. Love River's Dance. :love:

I'll be interested in seeing how that ponytailing works on Bridget. Did you leave it up the whole six hours or take them down sooner?

I can't stop yawning. Maybe it's time to call it a night? At 10:40? Isn't there a law about going to bed this early

It might be a law of nature? Can't fight that law no matter what. I remember when I was very little, and would lay in bed awake half the night, I asked my mom about 'how to go to sleep'. She didn't have an answer though. :( I must have been three or four years old. I really thought there was some trick to it, like people just did something that made them sleep. I still haven't discovered what the trick is. Presumably I will when I die :)

Almost too stoned to water the plants. LOL! A man after my own heart. :love:

I can't stop yawning. Maybe it's time to call it a night? At 10:40? Isn't there a law about going to bed this early? I just caught up on music I missed because I was so sick on Violin Friday. Love River's Dance. :love:

I'll be interested in seeing how that ponytailing works on Bridget. Did you leave it up the whole six hours or take them down sooner?

yeah, i hit the Harli-Tsu a little too early :laughtwo:

i took them off this morning.. i get up at 4:20am (lol no bs) everyday. so it must have been about 6 hours lol. she did grow a little over night. looking good inside. seems to be filling the space between the nodes, which was kind of wide at the start. the sticks are still in place below. once she goes under the new light for a few days i will remove them and go to flower. not sure where yet though lol. running out of space in the main room and i would really like to give her some special attention. she's fine where she is in the working tub.. even though i need it back lol. the trouble is hanging a light there. i'm sure i can rig something up though. it's only for a few months.

Hey Gypsy :) That Harli-Tsu looks really delicious. I would love to try growing outdoors sometimes, if we move to a place that's a little less suburban and a little more private :)

Love the look of Bridget getting her hair done :) A few magazines and she'll be happy for hours! Is pony tailing best for bushy plants?

Have you followed up with TNSB? I had placed an order and hadn't received shipping notification for quite a few weeks -- finally I asked what was up and, lo and behold, they shipped my order! I still can't get anyone there to tell me why it had been delayed -- were they out of stock on something? Were they just overwhelmed by seasonal orders? Or had they forgotten? :)

I will try them again, because I love not having to worry about the transatlantic shipping thing, but I will be cautious ...

It might be a law of nature? Can't fight that law no matter what. I remember when I was very little, and would lay in bed awake half the night, I asked my mom about 'how to go to sleep'. She didn't have an answer though. :( I must have been three or four years old. I really thought there was some trick to it, like people just did something that made them sleep. I still haven't discovered what the trick is. Presumably I will when I die :)

i consider it to be one of my super powers. i can sleep any where in almost any position.. except driving. too busy ranting i guess lol.

i have become entirely too much a creature of routine and habit lol. mon-fri usually in bed around 9:00-9:30pm.. although that gets earlier as the week wears on. come friday i am often passing out around 8:00pm. sadly last night i was ready at 6:30pm :rofl:

Hey Gypsy :) That Harli-Tsu looks really delicious. I would love to try growing outdoors sometimes, if we move to a place that's a little less suburban and a little more private :)

Love the look of Bridget getting her hair done :) A few magazines and she'll be happy for hours! Is pony tailing best for bushy plants?

Have you followed up with TNSB? I had placed an order and hadn't received shipping notification for quite a few weeks -- finally I asked what was up and, lo and behold, they shipped my order! I still can't get anyone there to tell me why it had been delayed -- were they out of stock on something? Were they just overwhelmed by seasonal orders? Or had they forgotten? :)

I will try them again, because I love not having to worry about the transatlantic shipping thing, but I will be cautious ...

if you grow that one get ready for a tree lol. she gets big. too big and too long lived for indoor attempts imo. it is freakin delicious tho! i want that taste all day long but that would be a mistake lol. she's normally a CBD strain, but my friend has the original THC/CBD strain. usually rings in around 22-24% thc and .15-.19 cbd. he hasn't called me back yet dang it. i know it's still January, but i have sprouts in my garden, chickens are brooding and the geese are returning among other animals. spring in February again :) i can feel it.

i filled out a service ticket yesterday. no reply yet, but i have not logged in to check the order yet. proly will after lunch. i know what you mean glimie. over seas scares me. besides the Canadian vendors usually have things here pretty fast and i think customs is a little more lax in that direction. so far CKS has the best track record for time by far.

and hey thank you guys/gals for visiting my quiet little weird corner of 420. i really appreciate it. :circle-of-love:

best is all a matter of perspective imo :) every plant is a little different so i'm not much of a rule follower lol. in this particular case i would have to say yes. most of the time i just let things go natural.. simply due to a lack of time. every once in a while i actually stop and listen to one or two and change it up. FIM and LST are great ways to slow things down too. i know.. i'm weird lol. most people want fast, but more often than not i am wishing things would slow down. faster flower would be good tho :laughtwo:

still nothing.. just says printed/processing. i've noticed the site is a bit glitchy lately. i can only see 4 of my 59 item wish list :laughtwo:

my guess is it's probably holiday catch up.

Yeah, it's probably still holiday catch up, but it wouldn't hurt to rattle TNSB's cage a bit if you felt like it -- you could just send them a support ticket. The status of the order I asked about (and did receive, eventually) STILL reads printed/processing :)

Yeah, it's probably still holiday catch up, but it wouldn't hurt to rattle TNSB's cage a bit if you felt like it -- you could just send them a support ticket. The status of the order I asked about (and did receive, eventually) STILL reads printed/processing :)

i sent one ticket and i got a 504 alarm.. so i did it again. same alarm.. but then i get two email confirmations that the ticket was sent lol. if i don't get a reply in a few days then i will call.. and i'm gonna tell them you made me do it :blalol:

so Bridget is now under her own personal Mars 300 :) i really need to get her out of that nasty transplanting tub lol. what amazes me is that she is in the dirtiest place, in the least climate controlled part of the house and she's only had a few very minor pest chews. most of those came off with the five fans. hehehe. such teachers they are. :love:
Bridget_under_Mars_300.JPG

And she looks gorgeous. I sometimes think we get too obsessive about keeping a "clean" environment. I mean, where outdoors do you find such a thing? I've always been somewhat lazy and tolerant about gardening. It hasn't bit me in the ass yet, but if it ever does I'll just recover and keep going. Just like life, I'll tuck and roll. :laughtwo:

Well, I guess we could consider those thrips waiting for me a bite, couldn't we? LOL! Let me order that saponin while I'm thinking of it. :battingeyelashes:

Done. Haha! I got a call from my daughter as I was preparing to place that order. Turns out the VA approved my claim to Dale's pension and I had thousands of dollars hit my account today. :slide: Now I have money to set aside to finance my eventual relocation and money to get some necessary gardening supplies. Oh wow! Carnival seeds. :yahoo:

I swear, I have the most wonderful and hardest working guardian angel in the universe! Just yesterday I told him I wasn't going to stress about money because I figured he had it all in hand. LOL! That's the third time in a week he came through for me within 24 hours of our conversation. It's startling how blessed my life can be.

Back
Top Bottom