Haight Solid State LED Grow Journal

This week's update 9/11

cab8.jpg

Cabinet with 4 plants, left to right - Diesel week 8, Blue Cheese week 2, Grapefruit week 1 and diesel week 1 (in the back)

Sorry, my camera has a hard time with the LED lights but here are a couple of bud shots of the diesel at week 8.

dbud1.jpg

dbud2.jpg

Here is the grapefruit (week 1) and blue cheese (week 2) out of the cabinet. The Blue cheese is 24 inches tall, the grapefruit is 19
bcng1.jpg

Yes, I keep the small pots. Most of the plants it's okay but that Diesel needs lots of water, she had trouble handling the heat; plants her size really need larger pots. The nice thing is that I don't really use that much soil.

Yes, I keep the small pots. Most of the plants it's okay but that Diesel needs lots of water, she had trouble handling the heat; plants her size really need larger pots. The nice thing is that I don't really use that much soil.

And that adds even more efficiency to your grows, from both a space and economic standpoint.

The big yield growers here get most of the attention, but I continue to find grows like this just as attractive.

I think efficiency is very sexy, but most folks are into big.

And that adds even more efficiency to your grows, from both a space and economic standpoint.

The big yield growers here get most of the attention, but I continue to find grows like this just as attractive.

I think efficiency is very sexy, but most folks are into big.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

i simply could not agree any more.

:smokin:

the sexiest thing ever is big AND efficient!

Here is this weeks update

9/18/09

grapf.jpg

Grapefruit week2

blue6.jpg

Blue Cheese, week 3

I just harvested the NYC Diesel, at week 9. She had some problems with the heat and lost most of her fan leaves. Some of the buds could use more time but the healthier ones were ready so I harvested her. She was BIG for me and even with the problems looks like a great yield.

dbud4.jpg

Some buds

dharv.jpg

All of it freshly cut and trimmed, ready for drying. Looks just short of 1 ounce, maybe 3 quarters or so.

dbud3.jpg

Close-up of some of the most frosty buds.

Hey sf

I was wondering about your opinion on their statement that the PPF 400 is as good as a 400 watt HPS light.

I am seriously looking at the ppf-800 and if it can give a similar yield and quality of a 600w hps then I am more than happy.

what are your thoughts now that you have some experience with the lights?
thanks

Hey sf

I was wondering about your opinion on their statement that the PPF 400 is as good as a 400 watt HPS light.

I am seriously looking at the ppf-800 and if it can give a similar yield and quality of a 600w hps then I am more than happy.

what are your thoughts now that you have some experience with the lights?
thanks

Hey t-pipes,

I looked through lots of the other grow logs with 400W HPS and my results look pretty similar, no monster buds but okay smaller plants. I'll likely end up getting a little more then 2 ounces from 1 PPF-400 per run but I'm kind of space constrained, maybe 4 ounces is doable with a larger space. That Diesel I just harvested is about 1 ounce, and I don't see why you couldn't do 4 like her with a little more room. That would put the 800 model at about 8 ounces, without hydo or light movers it sounds about like a 600Wer to me. It may do better, it's not completely linear as you scale up to bigger plants.

Looking really good, even more so because I have one of those cabinets (not for growing), and I am really impressed with what you are doing in such a small area.
:goodjob:

DD

so tempting, i need to make a decision soon which light to buy so i can move on from CFL's and get some more decent buds, but can't decide which way to go yet. Very nice grow by the way, came out nice.

This weeks update

9/25/09

I ended up with about 2 cups of the Diesel, 1.058 ounces, that's really great for me, and she wasn't even all that healthy.

dw2.jpg

dw1.jpg

Also, we are still following the Blue Cheese at week 4 and the Grapefruit at week 3.

last21.jpg

This is what a friend of mine is doing with our Hydro-Grow LED's:

Photo0307.jpg

Photo0316.jpg

Photo0314.jpg

The pictures do little justice, but the plants yield a ton. The plant next to the peroxide bottle is about 3 weeks from finishing in that picture... The second picture shows that same plant a few days ago, and the last picture is of a plant they chopped over a week early that should yield between 6-8oz. We expect the SC plant that you see next to the bottle, to yield over 8oz's.

Back
Top Bottom