Haight Solid State LED Grow Journal

You know... somewhere in the distance I heard the distinct sound of a gauntlet being thrown down....

Funny how I hear such crazy things now and then.

Cheers!

Actually, depending on whether or not SFHAZE would like to do so or not, I'd love to see a side-by-side grow test of the Haight lights vs our own. It looks like you have two of their 400W equivalent panels (90W LED), and I'd be interested in seeing both of them against a single 126W from our company. Obviously you'd need to use clones from the same mother, and an equal amount of plants on each side, but other than that just let em grow! What do the rest of you think???

Actually, depending on whether or not SFHAZE would like to do so or not, I'd love to see a side-by-side grow test of the Haight lights vs our own. It looks like you have two of their 400W equivalent panels (90W LED), and I'd be interested in seeing both of them against a single 126W from our company. Obviously you'd need to use clones from the same mother, and an equal amount of plants on each side, but other than that just let em grow! What do the rest of you think???

Sounds great!

I'd love to do that comparison with my two identical tents if both companies send me examples of their respective lights.

I'd have to start from seed, but the sample size would be large enough to make for valid observations.

For a hamburger today, I will gladly pay you on Tuesday, lol.

I don't really have the room for side by sides.

If I did have more room I would rather try out one of the larger lights like the Haight 800 to see if it can produce the monster buds like PitViper and the pro's get with 600W and 1000W HPS. Hydorgrow's shots look more like my plants then PitVipers and the other monster buds.

Perhaps you can talk them out of some sample lights Setting Sun, good luck.

Just a couple of shots for this weeks update

10/2/09

grapef.jpg

Grapefruit week 4

blue7.jpg

Blue Cheese week 5

I have room for a side by side with 600w equiv of your light next to a 600watt HPS. All my clones are cut from the same mother. I usually do a 30 day offset so I harvest once a month but I can make an exception and do a true side by side in a 4 x 8 tent. I run 2 x 12 site ebb and grows by CAP, 1 on each side of the tent. check out my GWS journal in my signature.

A lot of manufacturers who have no real experience growing plants with their LED lights, will tell you to use them at 18" - 24" above your plants. If you follow these instructions, you will have horrible results. Even with the 120 degree LED's that they put into 98% of the grow lights out there, as long as you get them close enough to your plant, you should be able to get them to bud ok. Of course, that also depends on spectral output, because if you're missing half the peaks, or 660nm, flowering isn't going to happen anywhere like it should.

This weeks update,

10/09/09

There are 4 plants, left to right Diesel, Grapefruit, Blue Cheese, and Diesel. I usually have 4 or 5 plants going at once, some just starting out and still small. The Grapefruit and Blue Cheese are the last two for this journal, just a couple of weeks to go.....

cab13.jpg

Grapefruit week 5
gf11.jpg

Blue Cheese week 6
bch1.jpg

I thought I posted this earlier, maybe just previewed.

Back
Top Bottom