Half a LB a Month in an Aeroponic Tent

DIY Filter costs about $50 vs $155 for a Can-Filter 66.

Veg plants are almost 12" and will go into flower next Friday. Vegging under the T5's keeps them short and bushy. If I don't get the desired growth when they move into flower or the desired harvest I will let the next batch veg longer. Everyone talks about stretch but I have found that doesn't really happen to me. Must just be my choice of strains.

Thats cool I got one for I think 60 or 80 so you still saved. I'm glad to hear we are both using T5's I hope thats how my blackberries look sunday. I'm looking out for stretch because with a 400w hps in flower I will have about 4 feet of total space for the girls including the res. I appreciate the feedback man.:peacetwo:

I'm looking out for stretch because with a 400w hps in flower I will have about 4 feet of total space for the girls including the res. I appreciate the feedback man.:peacetwo:

You should be fine. How much space do you have between the top of the res and the bottom of the light when it is at it's highest?

I went to get the duct tape I left in the flower tent yesterday and realized I had an uninvited guest, spider mites. I guess they didn't get the eviction notice I gave them a couple weeks ago, so I served them again. I used the last of the insecticide I had; if they come back again I will have to get something stronger. :rip:

On a positive note, when I gave the girls a haircut two weeks ago I threw six of the lower branches from the Bush Widow into my soil bin and forgot about them. Today I found them again when I transplanted to my extra MTF and Afgooey into 2L bottles. They're still green so hopefully they will last until next week when I can throw them in the cloner.

50 ml Hydroplex added to flower res per schedule. pH adjusted to 5.8

40 ml PBP Grow added to cloner due to serious nitrogen deficiency. All the clones have roots so they're just hungry. ph adjusted to 5.8

I don't know exactly but the tent is 5'3", with the res. probably about a foot or so tall. The light takes up about 6" so I've got 4 ft 9 in. not including space allotted for heat from the hps. so if I give the light to canopy space about 9 in (just a guess) then the plants maximum will be 4 ft. This is why I chose a medium sized hybrid strain like blackberry.

Sorry to hear about your mite problem hopefully you can get it under control... but those things happen sometimes. I've been trying to do the preventative thing by spraying neem oil regularly. Once you get an infestation though neem oil is not as effective as some other miticides.

I would love to hear your filter plan I'm going to need another one soon.
Sounds like your ph is right on, grow baby grow! :morenutes: :popcorn:

Hey Hash, hope you had a HNY! I slept thru it..lol.

Hate to hear about the mites.... we need to catch some and run some tests on their likes..something they like better... find some kind of lure to get them off the girls...but they crawl dont they...dont fly??? (I had gnats, there a bitch also)

Will check out your diy's!

New Year = New Veg Unit

Well the old veg tub was getting crowded and the nutes needed changing so I figured now was a good time to implement the upgrade I had been thinking about for awhile.

My old veg tub was a combination of aero and DWC. This made it a pain not only to change nutrients but to check my pH and ppm levels. I was getting good growth just not very practical. My new tub is now all aero. I reused most of the existing sprayer assembly parts but now it is fed from and drains to a remote reservoir. The new tub is a 27 gal Super Box. At $10 it is by far the best tub/reservoir/storage box I've ever used. The plastic is three times the thickness of a Rubbermaid and doesn't bow out even when filled with 25 gal of solution.

New Sprayer Assembly
new_veg_sprayers.JPG

Drain Fitting
new_veg_drain.JPG

Note: Check out the channels in the bottom and how they lead right to the drain. There won't be any slime in the bottom this tub.

Completed Veg Unit
new_veg_empty.JPG

Note: I should have painted the top to block any light but I will see how it does. If I had used 2" or 3" net cups I could have fit 24 sites in this lid! If I ever start growing clones for the dispensary this is what I will use for a cloner.

Old Veg Unit Canopy - Top View
old_veg_canopy.JPG

New Veg Unit - Half Full
new_veg_half.JPG

Reservoir and old cloner are on the shelf below. 15 gal of fresh grow solution mixed up and pH corrected. PPM at 575. Good to go until they get moved to flower!

Veg is 50-65 with the heat running full blast. Flower is 60-70 with the heat running during dark period.

Just found an extra batt of R-30 in the attic when putting away the Christmas stuff. Installed it with a quickness in the exterior walls of the grow room. I also built a ceiling across the veg portion and ducted the exhaust from the tent to it. We'll see how much that helps in a few hours.

Well the insulation didn't help even though I went to the store and bought some more. All the wall are now insulated. Not sure what else I can do except move the plants indoors and that is not an option.

The plants in veg are doing well despite the cold and have grown 2" since moving them into the new and improved veg tub. Based on this growth I will move the plants into flower on Friday as planned.

Clones however are another story. If I can't get some decent clones because of the cold, I will just have to go to the dispensary and buy some. Need to keep the schedule moving.

Great job on that res by the way! That beast is one nice container. The rigidity, size and the channels for drain seem ideal. One note on the heating: You mentioned that you're using a heater... what kind/capacity. If not using already using one, have you considered a thermostatically controlled electric baseboard heater? An added expense to be sure, but it could be considered insurance.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom