HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Good evening.

I have a couple of questions. I was going to water and fertilize my plants today but they were still pretty wet from 3 days' ago. At that point, I had watered to about 10% run-off. On average, how many days are between waterings? I'm guessing it's partially related to the size of the plant as well as what stage it's at.

When I watered 3 days' ago, I also flipped them to the flowering cycle. They were all 5+weeks old. Was I supposed to transplant them to a bigger pot (from 3 gal to 5 gal) at the same time or does that matter?

And, I upped the MegaCrop dose as per @InTheShed 's advice but I didn't add any Cal-Mag as I thought we should see if this works first. How many days should I give them with the increased nutes before worrying about Cal-Mag? This is what the leaves on a couple of the plants look like although CBD1 looks the worst (this is CBD1):

CBD1.jpeg

And it would make it easier to figure out what your plants need if you would post a few pics of the whole plant rather than just a leaf close up. Where the damage occurs can be just as important in diagnosing as what the leaves look like.

In terms of flipping and transplant, it's best to transplant a few weeks before flipping, as root growth slows down greatly after the plant starts flowering.

best to transplant a few weeks before flipping, as root growth slows down greatly after the plant starts flowering.
IMHO and experience, this is not necessarily the case. I up-pot and flip the same day if i can. And good botanical authority has told me that there is quite a lot of rot development during stretch (and in pure Sativas, beyond that)... better find a reference for that I guess! I will try :)

My ideal practice is to transplant and flip same day - I’m doing it tonight actually.

ANd yes HG - best to put them in to the big pots to flower from the start. :thumb: It’s not too late to do it - I’d do it as soon as they dry out enough (it’s easier to transplant when rootball is mostly dry, it hold together better).

So, my plants do need to be up-potted to 5-gallon pots? 3-gallon pots won't work for the whole grow?

I did up-pot them to 3 gallon pots from the 1 gallon pots they were in the watering before switching the lights to flowering.

Usually takes at least 2 waterings. Wet dry cycle depends on plant size and pot size it it's still wet then wait till dry. Your at 3gm per gallon?

Hey oldsmokey. I'm using 8 grams of MegaCrop to 10 litres of water.

So, my plants do need to be up-potted to 5-gallon pots? 3-gallon pots won't work for the whole grow?
We don't know since we haven't seen your plants lately! Slide the rootballs out and show them to Felonious and see what he thinks.

3 gallons will work for the whole grow if the plants are small. I've flowered in 1 gallon pots and a Big Gulp cup!
Hey oldsmokey. I'm using 8 grams of MegaCrop to 10 litres of water.
That's 3g/gallon, which seems low if you've flipped already. I'd get to 4g/gal (or 3.78541 liters) on your next watering.

We don't know since we haven't seen your plants lately! Slide the rootballs out and show them to Felonious and see what he thinks.

3 gallons will work for the whole grow if the plants are small. I've flowered in 1 gallon pots and a Big Gulp cup!

That's 3g/gallon, which seems low if you've flipped already. I'd get to 4g/gal (or 3.78541 liters) on your next watering.

I was planning on posting photos but for some reason or another, I can't upload any photos. 420 website says they're in an unrecognizable format but they're all jpg so I don't know what to do.

I've tried uploading them to the gallery and inserting them individually here and neither worked. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you.

I guess you'll have to be patient a little longer for photos. Obviously, something went wrong with the photos I took since I can't upload them. Maybe I pressed something I shouldn't have. Who knows? I'm not the most careful of people at the best of times. :laughtwo:

I'll take new photos in the morning and post them then.

New iPhones have switched to HEIC format or some such apple nonsense. Or maybe old iPhones with the latest update. Not an apple user so I'm not sure there, but I do know they switched out of jpg format. Pain in the ass to have to convert them.

Yeah, I know. That's what I usually have to do but this time they all came out as jpegs not heic and all I thought was "Cool! Now I don't have to convert them." :cheesygrinsmiley:

New iPhones have switched to HEIC format or some such apple nonsense. Or maybe old iPhones with the latest update. Not an apple user so I'm not sure there, but I do know they switched out of jpg format. Pain in the ass to have to convert them.

And, it's because of antics like this that all of my Apple products (phone and computer) will be the last Apple products I buy. They were always a little pretentious. That was part of the allure, at least to me. I'm a Taurus and I like nice things and the iPhone 7 when it came out in RED (my favourite colour), Felonious knew we had to buy it for me. Prior to that I had a nice baby blue iPhone 5s, which I was perfectly happy with but Felonious insisted. I love the red but I hated the new big size but I guess that's the thing these days.

Anyhow, I now need an adapter to hook my Apple phone up to my Apple computer. WTF? And, their computers no longer have USB slots. They have USC slots so now I need an adapter to hook up my backup disk, the printer and my trackball. Unfortunately, there was no hookup for my external monitor that is now gathering dust on the desk I no longer use.

AND...the last straw was when the monitor died on me two days into a one-week vacation in Punta Cana in 2019 that I had intended on using to do exercise videos to but that kind of turned out to be a blessing because I discovered that I burned way more calories walking on the beach than doing an hour of kickboxing inside. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So, anyhow, we take my 2014 Macbook Air to an AppleCare Centre (which I personally hate - lots of people but no one to help) when I get home and they first of all made us wait 20 minutes before someone even talked to us and then was told that my screen was going to cost $750 to replace not including labour and ended up buying a new MacBook that was 50% more expensive than the one I had with the broken screen when I bought it 2014, which was probably not the best idea but I needed a new computer and since I had just returned from vacation and didn't want to have to research computers before heading back to work the next day so I sucked it up and bought a new MacBook Air for *GULP* $2800. :thedoubletake:

By the way, to bring it back around to the plants.... :battingeyelashes: I restarted my computer and deleted all the photos on my computer and uploaded from my phone again and tried to post one as a test and it still doesn't work so I guess I'll have to take photos again tomorrow morning and try again later in the day and if that doesn't work then maybe I'll be looking for a non-Apple phone sooner than I think.

Okay, let's try this picture thing again. I'm going to post the photos of the CBDutch Treats in the first post because the leaf issue is only on the Girl Scout Cookies and there are more photos than normally so that I can show you where the leaf issues are.

CBD1 - Day 48 (+7) [Is that the correct way to refer to days in flowering, @Amy Gardner ?]:

Photo 1 - CBD1.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD1.jpeg

CBD2 - Day 48 (+7):

Photo 3 - CBD2.jpeg

Photo 4 - CBD2.jpeg

CBD3 - Day 46 (+7):

Photo 5 - CBD3.jpeg

I forgot to take a top view of this one and I can't get it now because the lights are off until 1 a.m.

I'll start a new post for the GSC photos.

Back
Top Bottom