HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

The plants only care about the pH of your soil, not the pH of your water.

So do you test the soil or in this case, ProMix? Or is this a case where the benefits of using ProMix over regular dirt comes into play in that you don't have to pH the "soil" because ProMix is already pHed to the correct amount?

I don't test my ProMix unless I suspect (or @MrSauga suspects) that the pH has drifted. I'm not sure if by "regular dirt" you mean store-bought soil or stuff you dig out of your garden. Many quality store-bought soils are also buffered with lime as ProMix is, and therefore also pH'd to a specific range (soil is in the mid 6's).

The pH of what you pour through the ProMix (or soil) has no effect on the plants, as only the pH of the growing medium matters, and that can't be changed by changing the pH of your nutrient solution. pH drift is caused by the type of nitrogen used in your nutes and the alkalinity content of your water.

My ProMix HP is much less dense than soil, so it dries out faster, which I like. When I used soil I would add a lot of perlite to it in an attempt to make it more porous, and I no longer need to do that.

Hi Amy.

I'm glad that you've subbed up. I didn't want to bother you when you were feeling poorly. I'm happy that you're feeling better and I hope that continues. I also hope that there are no more extreme events that could occur in your neighbourhood for the foreseeable, e.g. forest fires, flooding, pandemic, etc. :hug:

The biggest ones I've seen are in Antigua and are called horse spider and they're the size of an average man's hand.

I had one cover the back of my hand (not the fingers) one day when I was driving a car back from the auction for a guy. Turned the defroster on and it landed on the hand that was on the steering wheel. No idea the type, or even if it was venomous. Nearly wrecked the car, though. The guy was a couple cars ahead, looped back around to see if I'd had a blowout, hit something, or what. I told him and he had a good laugh - so I told him he could go buy a three-pack of flea bombs or figure out how to get the car the last 125 miles without a driver. I think he made me madder than the spider did, lol.

Fortunately, the horse spiders live in shallow water and are more afraid of people than we were of them and they skittered away when anyone walked by.

It's big and fast spiders that creep me out. I can deal with the little ones and I don't mind Daddy Long Legs (Is that its real name? :hmmmm: ) but other than that, as long as they leave me alone, I will leave them alone. I'm the same way with most bugs. Don't get in my way and I'll stay out of yours.

New girls looking great. Can’t wait to see this grow out. I’m dropping some gsc beans soon too.

Welcome Bionic. I love GSC and I'm down to my last 21 capsules so I definitely need more. Too bad it's still months away from being ready. I'll just have to enjoy the rest of my stash until then. :bongrip:

Is this the horse spider you are referring to?
IMG_20200823_123701.jpg

Nope. This is a horse spider:

Horse Spider.jpg

Ok that's a big one.:oops:

I much preferred the photo of the spider you posted over mine. I had to get out of the images search immediately after because all those spider photos were kind of freaking me out. :laughtwo:

So do you test the soil or in this case, ProMix? Or is this a case where the benefits of using ProMix over regular dirt comes into play in that you don't have to pH the "soil" because ProMix is already pHed to the correct amount?

I've used Hp pro with Mycorrhizae the last 4 rounds and I've yet to test anything. For me atleast it's the best medum I've came across for ease of use and results.

That's what I've done for the one watering with nutes that I gave them. Felonious (my husband) is also growing in ProMix HP but he's pHing the water. I told him that I wouldn't pH the water for my grow and see if it makes any difference between how his turn out and how mine turn out.

He says I made him buy me a good pH meter for my hempy grow (It was $180) and he was damn well going to use it. :laughtwo:

I don't know if you're on municipal water or well water but we're on a private well if that makes a difference.

I'm relatively new to growing as I've just harvested my first crop so it's time to think about my next experiment with growing. I've never grown in ProMix and I've never used MegaCrop so I'm hoping to get lots of help from my 420 friends who have or are like @InTheShed , for example.

This time, I'll be growing two Girl Scout Cookies and two CB Dutch Treat. The Girl Scout Cookies is obviously for fun and the CB Dutch Treat is my go to strain for daytime pain relief.

Girl Scout Cookies Grow Info:

Sex -
Feminized

THC - 24%

CBD - .2%

Height - Average

Flowering Time - 56-65 days

Seed Bank - Midweek Song

Yield - Average

Girl Scout Cookies from Midweek Song is a marijuana plant that will be ready in around 56-65 days. This plant is one you want to look after as she will grow to a respectable size. She will produce you a good yield that you will be proud of. It will give you a sweet and earthy aroma. It will give you a heady high that will leave you happy and in high spirits. Try it as one of our freebies today. This smells like fresh ground coffee and bakery goods (nothing specific, kinda like walking into a bakery, donut shop or cookie aisle at a store) with skunk-like undertones.

CB Dutch Treat Grow Info:

Sex -
Feminized

THC - 4%

CBD - 8%

Height - 4+ feet

Flowering Time - 63-80 days

Seed Bank - Crop King

Yield - 500 grams

Azura Haze and Amnesia Haze make a winning combination in this ultimate sativa-dominant medical strain. Spicy and piney, this pain-reliever will deliver a high that is both energetic and euphoric. A good strain for day use as it helps the user feel happy, creative and focused. Robust plants can reach 4 feet or more, with long, slender leaves. Abundant light-green flowers mature in 9 to 10 weeks.

This time around, we bring another strain (CB Dutch Treat feminized marijuana) from the beloved Iberian country of Spain. This sativa-dominant plant is an ideal choice if you are new to marijuana growing because it is very easy to cultivate. This plant yields an insane amount of only the dankest buds and can be grown indoors or outdoors.

CB Dutch Treat is low in THC (only 4%) and high in CBD (8%), which means this is an awesome choice if you are looking for a medical strain to light up or cook into some dank edibles. Overall, the effect of this plant is very powerful, which is not surprising considering its genetics.

In general, the effect of CB Dutch Treat is mostly uplifting, euphoric, and energetic. This is an ideal smoke when you feel kind of sluggish and can use an energy boost. In terms of medical use, this plant helps relieve pain by relaxing your body and leaving you feeling cool and refreshed.

Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?

3x3 Mars Hydro tent

Medium?

ProMix

Pots & Sizes?

No idea yet. Probably 3 gallon and 5 gallon cloth bags

Size of light?

Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED

Is it aircooled?

Yes?

Temp of Room/cab?

It's 75F in the tent but the seeds will be under an LED light until they're bigger.

RH of Room/cab?

51% currently

PH of media or res?

??? 6.0 to 6.6? Is ProMix considered the same as soil for pHing?

Type and strength of ferts used?

I will be using MegaCrop for this grow.

It is my intention to put the seeds in water for 24 hours on Monday, August 3 as according to the lunar calendar, the moon will be full and that means it's an optimum time to germinate/sow seeds. Here's some info about it:

How To Use A Lunar Calendar

I don't know if all of my plant caring tasks will be able to be done according to the moon but I thought I would try. @FelipeBlu is the member who told me about it. :battingeyelashes:

I'll post photos when I get started. Looking forward to seeing how these ones turn out.
I'm in for the journey also

Back
Top Bottom