HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

I've used Hp pro with Mycorrhizae the last 4 rounds and I've yet to test anything. For me atleast it's the best medum I've came across for ease of use and results.

To further clarify, I only use costco bottled water to feed my plants. As such I'm sure the PH and other nutrients are within a steady range. I only do this cause my tap water sucks. We only use tap water for dishes and showering. The nutrients I use also dont need to Ph-d before use since its a dry powder that mixes into the soil, then I only need to feed water.

Yes I am. NB here. What about yourself?

In Southern Ontario. In Hamilton. One hour (approximately depending on traffic) west of Toronto.

And, @oldsmokey is in Manitoba, I think (?). And, CADBoy is just east of Toronto, I believe (?). There are a lot of Canadians on here and I think we all tend to run into each other on various threads. I'm planning on being more active on here when I can no longer swim the afternoons away. :(

In Southern Ontario. In Hamilton. One hour (approximately depending on traffic) west of Toronto.

And, @oldsmokey is in Manitoba, I think (?). And, CADBoy is just east of Toronto, I believe (?). There are a lot of Canadians on here and I think we all tend to run into each other on various threads. I'm planning on being more active on here when I can no longer swim the afternoons away. :(

Kingston

Yeah. East of Toronto. As I said. :laughtwo:

Close. I always get the prairie provinces mixed up. Apparently, I lived in Alberta for a full summer when I was 2 but I don't remember anything at all about it and that's the furthest west than Ontario that I've been and I'm ashamed to say, I've never been any further east than Quebec City and that was when I was 18 and I'm 60 now. I've seen more of the U.S. than I have Canada and that's one of my hopes to do sometime before I die. Maybe, I can talk a certain online friend into letting me tag along on her cross-Canada road trip when she comes in 2022 to visit me. :laughtwo:

Los Angeles! :ciao:

I told him that I wouldn't pH the water for my grow and see if it makes any difference between how his turn out and how mine turn out.
Is Felonious using mega crop aswell?
No. Just the ProMix. He's using Dutch Nutrients (?).
Apples to oranges, so there won't be anything to compare when all is said and done. You would need to be running the same nutes for it have any meaning, as it's the type of nitrogen that makes the difference to the pH of the ProMix.

I don't mind Daddy Long Legs (Is that its real name? :hmmmm: )

They're called harvestmen. I was kind of wary of them when I was a wee lad, until one of the books I read in 3rd or 4th grade mentioned them, and taught me that they only have two eyes, aren't venomous, don't have fangs, can't even pierce human skin - and aren't spiders, lol. After that, I felt sorry for them :). Some of them (there are LOTS of different kinds) have been around for at least 410 million years, largely unchanged. Poor things probably wouldn't have made a decent snack for the dragonflies that had the two-foot wingspans or the those spiders that were bigger than our heads that have come and (thankfully ;) ) gone. There have been some insects, spiders, etc. that would really creep you out, I suppose. That proportionally-sized five-foot long caterpillar, probably. The things that considered it lunch, almost certainly.

Ever wonder why we haven't really had the extreme variety of life forms in the past several million years that the planet used to host? There's some debate about whether life - or the building blocks of it - "hitched a ride" on meteors and such. There used to be a lot more of them. Lots bigger on average, too. More energy to jump-start things, too. One wonders whether any of them had set foot/paw/etc. on the path to sapience before time and tides washed them away.

Sometimes, one even wonders, if dolphins had evolved to have hands... Would we even be here?

Good afternoon.

I transplanted GSC2 to a 1-gallon pot last night and I fertigated all of them. GSC2 still looked a bit wobbly so I moved the toothpicks that were propping it up to the 1-gallon pot, too.

Here are the photos:

GSC1 - Day 20

Photo 1 - GSC1 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC1 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1 - Day 20 - SaugaView™.jpeg

GSC2 - Day 15

Photo 1 - GSC2 - Day 15.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC2 - Day 15.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC2 - Day 15 - SaugaView™.jpeg

I'll start a new post for the CB Dutch Treats since I still have 9 more photos to post. :battingeyelashes:

CBD1 - Day 20

Photo 1 - CBD1 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD1 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 3 - CBD1 - Day 20 - SaugaView™.jpeg

CBD2 - Day 20

Photo 1 - CBD2 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD2 - Day 20.jpeg

Photo 3 - CBD2 - Day 20.jpeg

CBD3 - Day 18

Photo 1 - CBD3 - Day 18.jpeg

Photo 2 - CBD3 - Day 18.jpeg

Photo 4 - CBD3 - Day 18 - SaugaView™.jpeg

Sorry for the lighting in the photos. It was dusk when I took them and the light in our laundry room is no good because it's behind the tent and therefore, isn't nearly bright enough.

Felonious said that I should be starting to think of topping them. What is the 420 consensus on the best time to top? Felonious said 3 nodes but I've also read 4 or 5 nodes.

They look good (except for the wobbly one, but I'm sure it will find its feet eventually)! How much are you feeding them now?

1.5 grams per gallon

Topping is completely personal and depends on a number of things: how long you're going to veg, how much headroom you have, what type of training you're planning on doing after you top, etc.

How do I determine how long I want to veg? What other kind of training might I want/need to do?

1.5 grams per gallon
What smokey said!
How do I determine how long I want to veg? What other kind of training might I want/need to do?
How long you veg will be based on how much room you have, and what kind of training you do is also a function of room, both height and width.

If you have to keep the plants no wider than the pot because of how crowded the tent will be in flower, than a quadline that goes out to the pot's edge and and then straight up would be best. If you have room to get them wide, then topping and LST of the top two nodes while the others catch up (what I tend to do these days), and some supercropping if height becomes a problem.

What smokey said!

How long you veg will be based on how much room you have, and what kind of training you do is also a function of room, both height and width.

If you have to keep the plants no wider than the pot because of how crowded the tent will be in flower, than a quadline that goes out to the pot's edge and and then straight up would be best. If you have room to get them wide, then topping and LST of the top two nodes while the others catch up (what I tend to do these days), and some supercropping if height becomes a problem.

I have a 3 x 3 tent and I'm growing 5 photoperiod plants. They're currently in 1 gallon pots but will be up-potted as they grow. What is your recommendation? I'm thinking that Felonious has 4 photos in his 5 x 5 tent and there is not much room left so since I have 5 plants, I'm thinking a quadline might be best?

Back
Top Bottom