HashGirl 2nd Indoor Grow: Girl Scout Cookies & CB Dutch Treat In ProMix

Highya HG,

I went looking for another journal to follow. Well, I haven't sat in on one of yours. So here I am if you don't mind. I am surprised to see this is your second journal. I've seen you and FP on 420 for a couple years. Your plant selection is very good!I've never tried GSC. Must be a sativa. My fave. I'm growing a CBD plant this year also for the medicine. Seems to be working good for Julie (the CBD oil), so I need to keep the supply going.
I'm curious, do you take capsules because you like them better than smoking?
I'm in Maine, btw. Good luck with your 6 ladies this grow! Happy Smokin'

I have a 3 x 3 tent and I'm growing 5 photoperiod plants. They're currently in 1 gallon pots but will be up-potted as they grow. What is your recommendation? I'm thinking that Felonious has 4 photos in his 5 x 5 tent and there is not much room left so since I have 5 plants, I'm thinking a quadline might be best?
How much room you'll have depends on the size of the final pot. Put 5 pots of the final size you're thinking of in there and see if they fit!

Highya HG,

I went looking for another journal to follow. Well, I haven't sat in on one of yours. So here I am if you don't mind. I am surprised to see this is your second journal. I've seen you and FP on 420 for a couple years. Your plant selection is very good!I've never tried GSC. Must be a sativa. My fave. I'm growing a CBD plant this year also for the medicine. Seems to be working good for Julie (the CBD oil), so I need to keep the supply going.
I'm curious, do you take capsules because you like them better than smoking?
I'm in Maine, btw. Good luck with your 6 ladies this grow! Happy Smokin'

Welcome, Bode. I'm very happy to have you follow my grow. Yes, Felonious and I have been members for a few years and "we" (that's the royal "we" :laughtwo: ) had a couple of grow journals here onsite but I retired at the end of April this year and I decided I wanted to learn how to grow, too. I wanted to be able to help Felonious with growing if he needed help, i.e. if he suddenly becomes incapacitated due to medical reasons, I still need my meds so therefore, I need to understand how to grow and to learn how to do it successfully on my own regardless of his health, which I hope remains good. :love:

I love sativas and Girl Scout Cookies is among my faves and we have none left so I need to grow more. I also need more Dark Devil, Carnival, Raspberry Cough, Northern Lights, Jack Herer and Sour Diesel. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Felonious is currently growing 2 Big Devil XLs and 1 Dinafem CBD and 1 Med CBD and they all are starting to flower and look great. I'll post a photo sometime.

I take capsules because the high lasts longer and because I don't really think something that makes me cough is very good for me so I try to do it as little as possible. But, I do love smoking cannabis. I tend to use it when I don't have anything I have to do for the day (which is all the time these days since I'm retired and there's a pandemic and I have a compromised immune system so I've gotten high 171 times with an edible or capsules since May 1 because a good online friend convinced me that there was absolutely nothing wrong with getting high as often as possible if it helps me not worry about everything). I can't stay high 24/7 and get stuff done like some people I know (like the friend who convinced me that getting high was okay). :laughtwo:

Anyways, I'm high (I'm on Sour Diesel capsules today. I track all my dosages and don't usually take the same strain more than once in a week but sometimes the strains may overlap if I'm throwing edibles into the mix, i.e. gummies, cookies, etc.) and when I'm high, I tend to ramble hence the name of my personal journal here on 420. :battingeyelashes: So, I'm going to sign off but yes, I'm very happy you're here. Here, have some Raspberry Cough to smoke:

:passitleft:

I like it because it's not harsh.

Bye.

:ciao:

Highya HG,

Well, congratulations on your retirement. I remember that day, too. Very special. And we'll seriously hope FP doesn't become incapcitated! Think I'll wander over to his journal and sub up.

I used to take cannabis oil once or twice a day, and loved it. My problem with that, I think the cannabis was an indica leaning hybrid, because my muscles became tired over a short time, restricting energy and desire. Changed strains, but only take when energy is a must, and I like that better. Anyways we each have to explore what we like best. Love your recordkeeping! You must like being busy. I think that's a big part to longevity. At least, I'm planning that way. I smoke each day, after Julie gets up as desired. I still use the chain saw (we burn wood), gardening, help an older lady, drive, cook, etc and don't suffer any performance issues. I don't see any harm.

I love the ramblings as I'm a chatty kind of guy. And thank you for such a wonderful welcome! And thank you for the Strawberry Cough. Must try that some day! Happy Smokin'

Highya HG,

Well, congratulations on your retirement. I remember that day, too. Very special. And we'll seriously hope FP doesn't become incapcitated! Think I'll wander over to his journal and sub up.

Thanks, Bode.

Felonious doesn't have a grow journal here on 420. It's not really his thing. In fact, the whole recordkeeping thing isn't his strong suit. The only reason he had any grow journals on 420 before is because I said I would manage the thread for him.

You guys are HILARIOUS. Not! :laughtwo:

I track my doses so that I don't take the same strain twice in a row and so I know how much I took and whether it was a good high or not. I have had some difficulties finding a good dose to get high with so I track it so I can more accurately assess the correct dose.

I also track my weight, my exercise, movies I've seen, and books I've read. I like tracking stuff. :battingeyelashes:

You guys are HILARIOUS. Not! :laughtwo:

Look on the bright side, here. If we were, you'd have to buy tickets ;).

I also track my weight, my exercise, movies I've seen, and books I've read. I like tracking stuff.

Have you been keeping track of the books for a considerable length of time (IOW, decades)? If so, that set of database entries must number in the tens of thousands by now. I probably read considerably faster than you (nothing personal, just thinking about the law of averages), but you're a good bit older than I am if you retired at one of the usual ages (65, 70), so it probably works out to be about the same.

By the way, how is the plant I asked about in post #103 doing?

Hi HG - 5 plants in a 3x3 will be tight so I wouldn’t veg them a particularply long time. If it were me I’d be trying to get them ready for flower at about 4-5weeks from seed. I would top them about now and train gently, aiming for 4-6 main branches. (By train gently I mane just open the side branches out a little bit as the grow and maybe hold them down a little if needed to get the 4-6 tops roughly even in height. They will all respond a little differently in the flowering stretch and 3x3 is fairly small (thats what my tent is) so you want to still have plenty of room when you flip. :)

(oh and ‘Quadlining‘ is fairly involved and adds time. Some love it, I don’t bother with it - personally I’d suggest not doing that this time, ... ease in with your learning curves. ;))

Look on the bright side, here. If we were, you'd have to buy tickets ;).

Have you been keeping track of the books for a considerable length of time (IOW, decades)? If so, that set of database entries must number in the tens of thousands by now. I probably read considerably faster than you (nothing personal, just thinking about the law of averages), but you're a good bit older than I am if you retired at one of the usual ages (65, 70), so it probably works out to be about the same.

I actually retired early. I retired after almost 30 years at the job. That plus my age gave me what they call "the 90 factor". My age plus my years of service let me retire at 60. So, maybe I'm not considerably older than you? :laughtwo:

By the way, how is the plant I asked about in post #103 doing?

I wonder what's causing the one plant to be "wobbly" and need to be propped up? I've never had to do that past the first week or so of life, and only then if I had lighting issues. Did you happen to try smelling its root zone when transplanting? If so, did it smell like there might be some kind of root/stem rot?

Don't worry, TS. GSC2 is doing much better. GSC2 is younger than the other plants by about 5 days so that might be part of it. The roots looked good. No smell as far as I know. GSC2 is now standing on its own. :battingeyelashes:

They are ready for 2gm/gl IMHO.

I watered and fertigated my plants today. And, thanks to oldsmokey for his advice on increasing the nutes. I added 2 grams of MegaCrop to 1 gallon of water and used most of the gallon to water all 5 plants.

What are people's thoughts on watering from underneath? Felonious suggested it this morning but I only had 20 minutes to get them all watered before the lights went out so I didn't today.

I have a 3 x 3 tent and I'm growing 5 photoperiod plants. They're currently in 1 gallon pots but will be up-potted as they grow. What is your recommendation? I'm thinking that Felonious has 4 photos in his 5 x 5 tent and there is not much room left so since I have 5 plants, I'm thinking a quadline might be best?

How long you veg will be based on how much room you have, and what kind of training you do is also a function of room, both height and width.

If you have to keep the plants no wider than the pot because of how crowded the tent will be in flower, than a quadline that goes out to the pot's edge and and then straight up would be best. If you have room to get them wide, then topping and LST of the top two nodes while the others catch up (what I tend to do these days), and some supercropping if height becomes a problem.

How much room you'll have depends on the size of the final pot. Put 5 pots of the final size you're thinking of in there and see if they fit!

I will be only be up-potting to 3-gallon pots as five 5-gallon pots are too tight. Also, there is currently 27 inches from the light to the tallest plant and I believe the light can go up at least another 20 inches so 45 to 50 inches will be the most height I'd want them. Felonious said I definitely don't want a long veg period because they would get too tall.

Hi HG - 5 plants in a 3x3 will be tight so I wouldn’t veg them a particularply long time. If it were me I’d be trying to get them ready for flower at about 4-5weeks from seed. I would top them about now and train gently, aiming for 4-6 main branches. (By train gently I mane just open the side branches out a little bit as the grow and maybe hold them down a little if needed to get the 4-6 tops roughly even in height. They will all respond a little differently in the flowering stretch and 3x3 is fairly small (thats what my tent is) so you want to still have plenty of room when you flip. :)

(oh and ‘Quadlining‘ is fairly involved and adds time. Some love it, I don’t bother with it - personally I’d suggest not doing that this time, ... ease in with your learning curves. ;))

Thank you, Amy. I really appreciate your advice as I know you struggle with some aspects of growing as I do so your advice for me is invaluable. :love:

From seed to now, CBD1, CBD2, CBD3 and GSC1 are all 28 days' old and GSC2 is 24 days' old. Is there a tutorial on topping that I could follow along with? Although, Felonious does know how to top, too so he could show me. I just learn better with graphics so if there was one somewhere on 420, I would appreciate being pointed in that direction.

So, the process would be:
  1. Top them (all of them?) As per Amy's advice, I won't quadline them as I really don't need more complications when I'm learning.
  2. Once they bounce back from the topping, switch them to veg. (?)
When should I up-pot them to the 3-gallon pots?

On another note, my tent is being upgraded to a 5 x 5 tent. I don't know when exactly but we currently have one 5 x 5 tent and one 3 x 3 tent but Felonious wants to try making seeds and having a separate tent specifically for that would be really helpful so it's his intention to convert the 3 x 3 tent into the seed making tent, buy a new 5 x 5 tent and I will get one of the 5 x 5 tents, which will also mean a light upgrade from what I have now (Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED).

However, Felonious has to clean out his study first since that's the only place that will fit another tent. It's kind of a mess but he's motivated because he has a bunch of Candida clones that he's planning on trying to induce seeds on with the GA3 (Gibberellic acid) we ordered.

When I make the move to a new tent, I will update the tent and light and any other info at that point.

Now, I'm high on Carnival and am hungry so I'm going to get my coleslaw and roast chicken and have dinner.

No photos today as I was rushed.

:passitleft:

The roots will tell you when to transplant, and which pots you go into will depend on how fast Felonious moves his butt :).

If he's trying to reverse Candida with GA3, he'd be the third this month! I'd advise him to aim lower in the PPM scale, or wait until I have my results in. 180PPM was way too high, so I'll be trying again when my cuttings root with 135PPM, 90PPM, and 45PPM.

If he's trying to reverse Candida with GA3, he'd be the third this month! I'd advise him to aim lower in the PPM scale, or wait until I have my results in. 180PPM was way too high, so I'll be trying again when my cuttings root with 135PPM, 90PPM, and 45PPM.

Thanks, Shed. I have been sharing any and all links I find mentioning GA3 with him. I just shared a bunch from @The Celt 's journal with him today. :battingeyelashes: I will make sure to share the info above with him as well.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom