Have You Ordered From Crop King Seeds?

I have not had any issues with CKS. I've bought 3 different times and received the order 3 different times. I won 3 different contests and received what was promised each time. I had three issues raised (haze extreme and white widow that didn't pop, the issue with the Candy Cane Auto / Sour Jack) and each time they replaced the seeds without issue with email communication. I don't think anyone else could top sending me seeds in a battery operated vibrating egg, so their methods have worked for me in the US.

There certainly is something going on over there, though. All the posts about increasing negative experiences and what I see as a less 420 Magazine engaged sponsor/vendor point to a company that may have grown too quickly. Too many new employees, not enough standards or poor training / oversight can quickly turn a good company into one that is hit or miss.

The Crop King Seed area of the 420 Magazine has more posts than any of the other sponsors, by a huge degree. I can't complain at all having won quite a few seeds from them. However, I haven't seen any recent promo/contests posted on the forums. The ones held last had a couple of issues with the dates changing and deadlines being extended. The last activity date by the CKS user is 4/10. I haven't seen any responses on this thread from them or many in general - which is odd to me. Maybe they just want out of the sponsorship for whatever reason. Maybe the right person reads this at CKS and they realize they've got a big PR mess on their hands.

Regardless - hopefully everyone who reads this thread ultimately gets some good seeds, somewhere and is successful :Namaste:

Hello all, new to this forum. Just ordered from crop king seeds. Ordered from there after reading about true north seedbank. Lots of complaints about true north online and i found quite a big of positive feedback on CKS, so i went with CKS. After reading through this forum though I'm having some second thoughts. Hopefully all goes well.

Ordered On sunday, they sent me shipping confirmation Today (Wednsday). I ordered the original skunk, the blueberry and haze xtreme. I've heard they don't send freebies, that's too bad. I hope these strains are good! The original skunk talks about using it to create cross breeds. I'm hoping to do that with some other seeds i've bred up.

Out of curiousity, anyone ever order for true north seedbank? They had a 30% off 420 sale. Wondering now if I should have gone with them instead, they have a lot of different seedbanks available

Hello all, new to this forum. Just ordered from crop king seeds. Ordered from there after reading about true north seedbank. Lots of complaints about true north online and i found quite a big of positive feedback on CKS, so i went with CKS. After reading through this forum though I'm having some second thoughts. Hopefully all goes well.

Ordered On sunday, they sent me shipping confirmation Today (Wednsday). I ordered the original skunk, the blueberry and haze xtreme. I've heard they don't send freebies, that's too bad. I hope these strains are good! The original skunk talks about using it to create cross breeds. I'm hoping to do that with some other seeds i've bred up.

Out of curiousity, anyone ever order for true north seedbank? They had a 30% off 420 sale. Wondering now if I should have gone with them instead, they have a lot of different seedbanks available

As far as the freebies go... not too sure if its normal procedure for them, but I got 7 seeds and purchased 5 pack. I know a lot of seedbanks offer freebies as a regular thing, but if they can't ship them to you... What's the point? When I got both interception letters from a known seedbank... both times they were sent in a plain weightless yellow envelope with no return address and a sticker with my name and address and that was called super stealth shipping for an additional $15 fee. The moment the envelope arrived I got the feeling that it looked more suspicious than stealth. The worst part is i emailed after the first one that I thought the weightless envelope and no return address looked suspicious and they reshipped the same way again which was crazy to me. The company was good about refunding my money which was good because I thought for sure I wouldn't get it back. I can't give any details on CKS shipping, but I was very impressed the way they did it.

People do not realize CKS is not a seed bank, they are a breeder (Supposedly, hahaha?). They give out a bunch of garbage to people in their country like grinders (small as shit and useless) and stickers/pins. People outside of Canada get free seeds, yay!

CKS is not a seedbank but a breeder of strains like White Widow, really?

People do not realize CKS is not a seed bank, they are a breeder (Supposedly, hahaha?). They give out a bunch of garbage to people in their country like grinders (small as shit and useless) and stickers/pins. People outside of Canada get free seeds, yay!

CKS is not a seedbank but a breeder of strains like White Widow, really?

all the breeders are like that. Where does White Widow come from? I'm sure someone has a claim to it..which is all heresay. There are so many crosses, ever going. you can see the names change with the trends. Everyone thinks they're a G right now so you get all these stupid names like bubba OG and etc. really if you trace all of these genes back you probably get what, maybe 20 different strain lines? I bet if i could go back in time, get my hands on some real good original genetics, i could make better strains than the repeated nonsense you see out there now. Mostly it's all marketing. The strain descriptions sometimes are so outrageous, sounds like a god damn pepsi commercial ffs. That being said though, there are some really great genetics out there. I got this canadian cheese that i grew out that has an incredible flavor profile. We are paying the most outrageous prices for seeds, it's nuts. I'm I the only one that feels like a god damn yuppy? Somewhere some old bearded hippie is laughing because he's got great seeds stashed away from 1988 and hasn't paid for seeds in his life.

"KING" I haven't ordered directly from CKS, but I've bought your products at a local store. I had difficulty with the germination but my seeds were replaced without a problem and were delivered when I was told to expect them. I will continue to purchase your products in the future. My plan is to grow photoperiods and autos together to get staggered harvests.

As a suggestion, I'm sure it will help others if, in your germination literature, you mention somewhere not to use enriched potting soil due to killing seedlings with nutrient burn. I tried a total of 15 seeds so far and I have 4 plants to show for it, and one of them is stunted and growing very slowly. Thanks, CKS, for your excellent customer service.

I have had a good experience with CKS. I got my seeds a week from order. Every seed germinated now and are all growing nicely. I had to call them after I placed my order because of a mistake I made with addresses and the girl I spoke to was very helpful and friendly. The big thing for me as an American is CKS does shipping the way it should be done. I had 2 orders in a row intercepted due to lazy packaging and it was from a highly rated and well known bank. I would like to try other banks, but I won't because I know the extra effort CKS puts into their shipping will always make it to my door. I would highly recommend CKS to anybody having issues with orders getting slain by US customs. They do shipping right.

Hi. I'm in us also. I just had a package tracked and it said out for delivery on the 25th, & later that day I asked mailman he said didn't have it, but he'd be on look out. Later that day I tracked it...it said undeliverable to that address. It's the right address. Have you ever heard of that. I'm wondering if I should call post office about it. But I don't even know where package was shipped from in case they want to know that info.

There are so many crosses, ever going. you can see the names change with the trends. Everyone thinks they're a G right now so you get all these stupid names like bubba OG and etc. really if you trace all of these genes back you probably get what, maybe 20 different strain lines?.

This site doesnt tell you who started the strains but it does chart which strains where mated to form new strains. The Phylos Galaxy

Hi. I'm in us also. I just had a package tracked and it said out for delivery on the 25th, & later that day I asked mailman he said didn't have it, but he'd be on look out. Later that day I tracked it...it said undeliverable to that address. It's the right address. Have you ever heard of that. I'm wondering if I should call post office about it. But I don't even know where package was shipped from in case they want to know that info.

I would call CKS and see if they heard of it happening and why. Then go from there.

Cool site, Perramas. I got lost in the cosmic galaxy for a while :goof:

Another good strain reference site is leafly. There are a couple of CKS strains they mention were created by CKS - Candy Cane and Early Miss. The site provides some details on who bred the strain and what genetics were used.

There are so many strains that I don't know there is one bible to this information. For example - NYC Diesel they mention was created by Soma Sacred Seeds.

I've always been interested in knowing how CKS grows the plants that they're providing the THC and CBD data for. Are they grown in soil? hydro? lights? nutes? feeding schedule? co2?

Anyone ever send a harvest sample to a testing facility? Are there places that will test for individuals?

Does CKS actually breed? Where? Not here in Canada as far as I know. They sure seem reluctant to answer any questions about their alleged breeding and act like they actually don't have any knowledge or info on the process. My guess was that they basically buy the strains, or at best have contracted someone to produce strains for them somewhere. Ie- the usual process of growing out someone else's strains, crossing them and giving them a new name. Maybe their rep will surface for a minute on the thread again in another few weeks and enlighten us, if he's not too busy trying to show that I lied about that order back in February.

I ordered Haze extreme, Dwarf low flyer, and Trainwreck. 100% germanation. Only bummer 5 of 7 Haze were male. But now I have pollen so that's cool too. Here is a picture of 2 DLF the biggest and the smallest at day 38. I will order again from CKS.
420-magazine-mobile1078402368.jpg

What's up guys,

I am new to buying seeds online, and this massive thread has been very helpful. to make a long story short, I have only purchased seeds online from CKS. The reason I have used CKS, is for the simple fact they were the only ones that would except my debit card or credit card I've only ran into one issue with customer service and I got that resolved fairly quick. So far all my orders have made it to me without any issue. I've only had two dud seeds that did not pop during germination, one being a regular Blueberry and the other one was a Dark Angel seed. I was recently told bomb seeds and MSNL will except my cards with no issue and discreetly ship to where I am at.

Well I got my seeds today. I ordered and paid sunday. They shipped Wednesday, arrived tuesday. So 4 or 5 days shipping. Pretty nice. Got exactly what I ordered plus some free pins and stickers. Not sure what I'll do with pins as I'm not a 72 year old man who puts pins on his hat but ok. No extra seeds though which is a bummer. The pins are kind of cool but to be honest they're useless to me. The stickers are more of a commercial advertising sticker. Not too hyped about those either, but still cool to have, i love stickers. Would rather have free seeds, but I am happy with this order. Hope they seeds are good!

The problem was lack of experience I guess. I tried to get them to open in well water and grow into seedlings in nutrient-enriched soil. Two big strikes there. My latest 5-pack has 4 sprouted and the 5th one is in the soil but lagging behind. Wondering if that one will make it.

Back
Top Bottom