Heavens Shores - Bill's 2022 Grow: Come Meet Howie! Show Us Your Grow Too - Bring A Pic

I liked this video
I have watched before each attempt I have made. No issues yet
I have a couple of thoughts on her process: first is that you can't raise the temperature of the mix above the boiling point of iso alcohol (180.5°F) until the iso is cooked off, so I doubt the result is completely decarbed (if that matters to you). You need to have the "oil" itself at 240º for at least 30 mins or so (@Grandpa Tokin uses a silicone container and the toaster oven to decarb his final product).

The second thing is that if you look at how liquid her final product is you can be sure that most of that moisture is iso. Once you have done the best job purging the iso that you can, the result will be much more like tar and doesn't pour like syrup. Something to consider, since this is medicine.

I have a couple of thoughts on her process: first is that you can't raise the temperature of the mix above the boiling point of iso alcohol (180.5°F) until the iso is cooked off, so I doubt the result is completely decarbed (if that matters to you). You need to have the "oil" itself at 240º for at least 30 mins or so (@Grandpa Tokin uses a silicone container and the toaster oven to decarb his final product).

The second thing is that if you look at how liquid her final product is you can be sure that most of that moisture is iso. Once you have done the best job purging the iso that you can, the result will be much more like tar and doesn't pour like syrup. Something to consider, since this is medicine.
I thought it would be thicker than hers, and right I am going to ingest it. I have not drank in 23 years so working with Everclear will be interesting not that I will have a problem with it.

Good morning from

PSX_20221024_042054.jpg

PSX_20221024_042445.jpg

PSX_20221024_042359.jpg

PSX_20221024_042415.jpg

PSX_20221024_042346.jpg

PSX_20221024_042502.jpg

PSX_20221024_030014.jpg

PSX_20221019_172637.jpg

PSX_20221024_030255.jpg

PSX_20221024_030608.jpg

Good morning Everyone

@Bill284 Method

:420:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

some hash- honey oil pics any questions
Try that again Questions
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2634.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2619.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG
? the top pic is oil I made from bud. the darker oil is made from trim I shook the trichomes off of

Try that again Questions
IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2634.JPG
IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2619.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG
? the top pic is oil I made from bud. the darker oil is made from trim I shook the trichomes off of
Great, thanks so much.
How is the quality when made with trim?
I've got pounds of it, with larf.

Stay safe

You have more jars than Carter’s has pill’s, congrats on the mega-harvest my friend 👏 CL🍀
I lost a couple cases in the move.
I have 2 cases left.
I'm hoping to have to buy another.
One can hope.
Still a lot of strings to empty.
And I'm hoping Chronic Thunder will finish up at a pound.
It's a sativa hybrid though.
It's got a ton of toonie sized nugs.
But 3 or 4 big colas aswell.
Great growing strain.
@Herbies Seeds genetics are impeccable.
It's dry as a bone in there now and 20 c. :thumb:
Imagoing ride it out.:morenutes::surf:
Take care Amigo.

Stay safe

Great, thanks so much.
How is the quality when made with trim?
I've got pounds of it, with larf.

Stay safe
not much diff THC oil is THC oil you just get less & more chance of getting contaminates in it,
every micron of plant matter makes it darker
Use dry trim & break up buds
Quick washes= (honey) long soaks will bring out the green oil. Keep everything frozen
You can bleach out some the green by setting it in the bright sun @ -30 c
I would do a trichome shake first, make hash or wash them separate
every time you wash, you lose some alcohol in the plant matter. You could try a centrifuge, to get it all out. I just let it drip dry in the freezing cold
alcohol doesn't evaporate very fast at -30 c

I lost a couple cases in the move.
I have 2 cases left.
I'm hoping to have to buy another.
One can hope.
Still a lot of strings to empty.
And I'm hoping Chronic Thunder will finish up at a pound.
It's a sativa hybrid though.
It's got a ton of toonie sized nugs.
But 3 or 4 big colas aswell.
Great growing strain.
@Herbies Seeds genetics are impeccable.
It's dry as a bone in there now and 20 c. :thumb:
Imagoing ride it out.:morenutes::surf:
Take care Amigo.

Stay safe
I’m sure you’ll get another case you being a Master Grower and everything. CL🍀

Good Evening my friend @Lockoutmonkey :high-five:
Hope your doing good tonight.
I'm going to be using Rick Simpsons recipe.
Why do you have a recommendation?
Nice of you to drop in.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Glad to see you did well. We had to cut it all before we get 2+ inches of rain this week. We washed and hung all 8 plants. Both of my seeded girls yielded almost a quarter pound each and about a 4 oz. coffee cup full of seeds. Gotta trim the other 6 this week.

Back
Top Bottom