Hello Everybody From Northern Minnesota

Your humidity is rocking right now. The spike up to the high end of your humidity range probably comes when the lights are out. Which is still ok for seedlings and early veg. But MrSauga is right on when speaking of the mold possibilities once you enter flower. You may want to consider a dehumidifier in the room you are drawing air from.

As far as the fans go...do you currently have an in-line fan pulling air from the top of the tent?

Yes, after his advice I rigged one up until the good one comes in.
All of you that are sharing your knowledge with me is not waisted!
I was lucky enough to have a another 6" fan in the shop, and after a little ingenuity, I made it work. It's not pretty, but does the trick!:adore:
Thanks a bunch, Mr Magoo!

Thought doing it that way would accomplish a couple things. One being dissipating the odor into an unoccupied area of the House. Two being, all the air coming into the tent is fresh air with fresh CO2, that way the plant doesn’t have to breath air that it has already depleted of co2.

As far as the fans go...do you currently have an in-line fan pulling air from the top of the tent?
Great point. I just assumed one was in there. No sense in bringing in more air if you can't get rid of it. Plants want the CO2 and moving fresh air in and out of the tent provides that for a healthier grow.

Doh! Happens all the time

Yes, after his advice I rigged one up until the good one comes in.

Just so there is no confusion here, the fan I was referring to would boost the fresh air in, the intake side. You still want to have an exhaust fan, typically with a carbon filter to hide the smells if venting outside, the exhaust side. If you don't have an exhaust fan, and only bring fresh air in with a booster, chances are the tent will swell outwards. Not enough air coming in and you are using an exhaust fan will cause the tent to contract, possible tipping fans or other safety issues. @Mr. Magoo has a great image of venting from the top of the tent into his attic. What you don't see is his ducting or open vents bringing fresh air in. Most tent setups will use the bottom inlet holes for fresh air in and the top one, normally on the roof of the tent, to exhaust out. If you have a carbon filter you want to mount it high to take the warm air out. Don't mount it on the floor and duct up to the fan.
full

Just so there is no confusion here, the fan I was referring to would boost the fresh air in, the intake side. You still want to have an exhaust fan, typically with a carbon filter to hide the smells if venting outside, the exhaust side. If you don't have an exhaust fan, and only bring fresh air in with a booster, chances are the tent will swell outwards. Not enough air coming in and you are using an exhaust fan will cause the tent to contract, possible tipping fans or other safety issues. @Mr. Magoo has a great image of venting from the top of the tent into his attic. What you don't see is his ducting or open vents bringing fresh air in. Most tent setups will use the bottom inlet holes for fresh air in and the top one, normally on the roof of the tent, to exhaust out. If you have a carbon filter you want to mount it high to take the warm air out. Don't mount it on the floor and duct up to the fan.
full
Understood, is that a separate hood that I could purchase?

Your humidity is rocking right now. The spike up to the high end of your humidity range probably comes when the lights are out. Which is still ok for seedlings and early veg. But MrSauga is right on when speaking of the mold possibilities once you enter flower. You may want to consider a dehumidifier in the room you are drawing air from.

What is the low and high range that is acceptable during flower?
Thank you again,

John

full
So I would need the same kind/model of intake and exhaust fan, right?
Balance.

Sorry about the space between my response time. Trying to get get stuff done at the same time.

Balance.[/QUOTE
full
Wait, I don't have a 6" intake in the bottom of this Mars hydro tent, only flaps.
Any suggestions?

Balance.
Not necessarily. The one at the top pulling air out would typically be an in-line fan that is capable of pulling all the air out of your tent a few times per minute. These fans will have cfm rating which is cubic feet per minute. So on a 2x2x5 tent that’s 20 cubic feet. So for example if the fan had a rating of 100cfm it would essentially be pulling all the air out of your tent 5 times per minute. A tent that size would be good with a 4” in-line exhaust fan.

Understood, is that a separate hood that I could purchase?
You're in a smaller tent (2x2 I think) so a four inch exhaust fan would most likely due. The fans typically come with controllers so speeds help regulate your temperatures. There's no defined speed so far as I know for different stages. You want to remove enough air to keep it cool and control humidity closer to the end.

edit: note to self - I have to type faster

Dehumidifier, please keep in mind that my tent inside dimensions are 27"x27"x5'. Do you think this would work out?.
I was going to put a link to eBay, but I don't think this is allowed unless it's a sponcer of 420 magazine. So I have no idea of what to get.

Thank you again,

John
Thank you again,

John
to the best of my knowledge I believe 35-40% would be optimal during flower and maybe a little lower in the final weeks. If you can get it there you will most likely be able to avoid powdery mildew, mold and bud rot. That and if you cross all your fingers and toes you should be good! Lol

Dehumidifier, please keep in mind that my tent inside dimensions are 27"x27"x5'. Do you think this would work out?.
I was going to put a link to eBay, but I don't think this is allowed unless it's a sponcer of 420 magazine. So I have no idea of what to get.
I wouldn't bother just yet. Wait til you see what the new fans do. You'd be surprised.

I wouldn't bother just yet. Wait til you see what the new fans do. You'd be surprised.
Unfortunately, I live in the land of 10,000 lakes. Very high humidity all the time.

My dehumidifier is outside the tent. So the air being sucked in has already been dehumidifidededed!
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom