Hello Everybody From Northern Minnesota

I wouldn't bother just yet. Wait til you see what the new fans do. You'd be surprised.
It's 59% humidity right now! I don't want to loose these plants, so I need to start looking.

I learned if I know nothing about it then shutup. Since I haven't had to use one myself I'm afraid I can't help you there my friend.
I'll start looking and find something for a bathroom.
Thank you for trying. It's a swamp here. Lol

My 1st grow I got some of those closet dehumidifier buckets they are like 3$ a pop and a refill bag that fills like 4 times is like 4$ it kept my rh down below 40 in my tent I was using 3 of them damprid is the brand

I found this while searching. Seems cheap enough and sounds like it worked for the poster.

This isn’t from my personal experience but from what I’ve learned on here.....there are many ways to grow successfully. Different mediums, different nutrients, even people successful without nutrients. But without a good environment the chance of success goes way down. You got the tent and the lights so now get the air moving continuously through the tent. Once you got air flow experiment with the humidity while you are still in the veg stage. They can take the high humidity now. But start seeing how different things affect it once you have the circulation....if I leave this flap open the the humidity does this....if I leave the zipper opened up a couple feet during lights on the humidity does this....open zipper at the top vs open zipper at the bottom. See how low you can get it and then if it needs to be lower consider the dehumidifier. Or if you don’t want to spring for the dehumidifier maybe it will be possible to use fans blowing through the buds to keep pockets of humid air from sitting in there stagnant. More than one way to skin a cat. Lol

The buckets sound pretty cool. I’m not familiar with those but it sounds like they can keep the RH pretty low. What does yours usually run during flower MrSauga?

This isn’t from my personal experience but from what I’ve learned on here.....there are many ways to grow successfully. Different mediums, different nutrients, even people successful without nutrients. But without a good environment the chance of success goes way down. You got the tent and the lights so now get the air moving continuously through the tent. Once you got air flow experiment with the humidity while you are still in the veg stage. They can take the high humidity now. But start seeing how different things affect it once you have the circulation....if I leave this flap open the the humidity does this....if I leave the zipper opened up a couple feet during lights on the humidity does this....open zipper at the top vs open zipper at the bottom. See how low you can get it and then if it needs to be lower consider the dehumidifier. Or if you don’t want to spring for the dehumidifier maybe it will be possible to use fans blowing through the buds to keep pockets of humid air from sitting in there stagnant. More than one way to skin a cat. Lol
Excellent idea, but Mars-Hydro only has one zipper and it opens from the bottom up. I do have a huge dehumidifier but often use because it costs a ton to operate. But, what I will do after all I have exhausted all of my options is move the tent during flowering into a different room, reconfigure the intake and exhaust. Put something black on the windows ( neighbors) and turn on the huge system in there. Bottom line, only grow during the winter, which is from October-May and grow enough for a year just for me. This will be my last summer grow.
IMG_20180629_164831.jpg

Here's a shocker for your viewing pleasure. I took this unit outside with me and here's what it said.

Here's the indoor rating without fans.
Scary isn't it.
We have just about zero humidity in the winter months, which if not treated will crack your skin all to he**.
IMG_20180629_165951.jpg

The hi humidity rating is outside without any wind.
Fishing good though! Lol

Not sure what to say. Some absorbal or similar that soaks up moisture if you can fit it in. That's a crap shoot though, not sure if it would help
Maybe for the first time, I have to buy some diapers. Lol

Shame on me, I was thinking that I had it all covered but humidity.
Going to try one of the$50.00 closet dehumidifier anyway before flowering.
Just maybe I won't have to take this this apart and move.
I can't think you guys enough for taking me under your wings.
Thank you.

I found this while searching. Seems cheap enough and sounds like it worked for the poster.
Going to check on this now. Thank you again.

Not sure what to say. Some absorbal or similar that soaks up moisture if you can fit it in. That's a crap shoot though, not sure if it would help
Worth a try, thank you, again.

Thank you, MrSauga, I very much appreciate not of you trying to get me through my first grow.

What does yours usually run during flower MrSauga?

Well I wouldn't know, this is my first grow. My RH goes from 40 and to the highest 62..typically around 48-52. The information I passed on to you was from what I picked up from other members, which is what makes this site fantastic. Everybody helping everybody. When I get in over my head I call out to the pros like @Pennywise , @Mr. Krip , @Bonsaiweed , @Blew Hiller and sooo many more. We'll get through this and don't worry about the plants. Listen to what they are saying (huh huh, you guys like that?) and you'll be fine. Right now they tell me they love the humidity and all's good bro

Well I wouldn't know, this is my first grow. My RH goes from 40 and to the highest 62..typically around 48-52. The information I passed on to you was from what I picked up from other members, which is what makes this site fantastic. Everybody helping everybody. When I get in over my head I call out to the pros like @Pennywise , @Mr. Krip , @Bonsaiweed , @Blew Hiller and sooo many more. We'll get through this and don't worry about the plants. Listen to what they are saying (huh huh, you guys like that?) and you'll be fine. Right now they tell me they love the humidity and all's good bro
Wow, what a relief, I feel better already. I'm so glad I stumbled on this site, but I should have read more before I bought this small tent. It's great for a place where there's no humidity to speak of, but for me it's a problem.
That's my fault, not anybody else's fault. I just need to get through this one and only summer grow so I can get some medical relief and than like I said only do winter grow. Again, I can't think the good people on this site enough. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom