Hello from Michigan and WTH did you do to my pot?

Sgt Blotter

420 Member
I haven't smoked pot in 20 years. Since it's been legalized here in the mitten I thought I would like to smoke some. It didn't take long to realize I don't even know where to get it anymore. In 20 years time everyone has moved on, you know? I've been browsing seed companies looking at all the new strains of pot out there. Reading the descriptions, it sounds like they are selling me a damn fruit basket. Back in my day weed came in two flavors, dirt, and flaming tire shoved up a skunks ass. That said, I joined to get some advice on grow equipment, supplies, and hopefully some advice on a strain that I will enjoy and that will do well in my particular grow space. This should be fun.

Welcome from Central Michigan :ciao:

Modern genetics are a bit crazy that's for sure. There's still plenty of the old strains around. I really like shopping through seedsman. They have a great selection and I've always gotten my seeds.

Are you planning to grow inside or outside?

Inside. I'm planning on using two 31 gal behrens steel trash cans. I will cut the middle out of the lids, place them back to back then pop riveting them together to make a coupler so I can stack the cans and have roughly 52 inches vertically. I know about grow tents but I've had these cans for 2 years and never done anything with them. Also I got a growstar 300w ufo led with cree cob.

I grew in space buckets when I started out. It's a great way to run a few plants.
While I got you here. There is one uncertainty that I need to iron out before I consider my ventilation and plant strain options. How much room will I actually have to grow? Not sure how close I can get the light to the plant without burn. I have zero experience with leds. also how much ventilation will I need? will a couple muffin fans do it?

LED's start at 30"-24" in seedling and vegetative states, at 18"-24" in veg, and 12"-24" in flower:

5718ff640702b52b218f8a51e5878aefe3c0f9cc.png

I filled my buckets fully from side to side. I was able to run the lights about 12" away. Depending on the light you should be ok between 12 and 24 inches.

I've run as many as 5 plants through harvest in a 5 gallon bucket using 2 liter bottles for pots.

Muffin fans should be fine. I used 80 or 120mm case fans for the most part

Welcome, from the thumb area also. Yeah, it's changed drastically. Same for me, back in my high school days, late 80's, we only had two types also. I only heard mystical tales of columbian, alcapulco gold, and Maui. We only had crap with lots of leaves, or the slightly better stuff. I remember thinking, this must be a good bag, because it had seeds in it!

I haven't smoked pot in 20 years. Since it's been legalized here in the mitten I thought I would like to smoke some. It didn't take long to realize I don't even know where to get it anymore. In 20 years time everyone has moved on, you know? I've been browsing seed companies looking at all the new strains of pot out there. Reading the descriptions, it sounds like they are selling me a damn fruit basket. Back in my day weed came in two flavors, dirt, and flaming tire shoved up a skunks ass. That said, I joined to get some advice on grow equipment, supplies, and hopefully some advice on a strain that I will enjoy and that will do well in my particular grow space. This should be fun.
:welcome: to :420:Sgt Blotter :passitleft:...:rofl::rofl: I recently had a friend of a friend who had some that smelled like an electrical fire was going some where...man it was bad...and the funny part about it is my friend doesn't know I smoke...He asks and I say I don't smoke that shit :laugh::laugh: ...and I mean it :rofl: cuz I got some good stuff :yahoo:
Anyway welcome to your new and sometimes really stoned family :hug:

Back
Top Bottom