Hello, noob here, question about my 1st grow, see pic with red arrows

HeyMoe

420 Member
This is my 1st attempt to grow,,,ever. With that said I'd like to thank everyone for creating such a wealth of information, ideas and a friendly environment. I started learning because I was told cannabis could help w/ migraines, so I'm wiling to try anything. I did a poor job documenting my progress but will try to give you a timeline of what I did/used. Then post 2 pics & finally a question. Any comments that could help are of course welcome.

2x4x6 grow tent
Russian Haze auto
* after germination it popped up on 1/21, remained in germ. Tray w/ lid. Heat mat under T5 over 24/0.

*1/3over to 5gal aero fabric pop, 60% fox farms, remainder perlite, coco, under600wled 18/6. I know I prob moved to quick & some will wonder why jump from small container to large, but (right/wrong) I was to understand each moves creates stress and slows growth & when using autos the clock is running.
My question is what are the balls? too early in grow to show sex right? I know it prob sounds like a stupid question but ive never laid eyes on an actual plant only pics.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    803 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 62
This is my 1st attempt to grow,,,ever. With that said I'd like to thank everyone for creating such a wealth of information, ideas and a friendly environment. I started learning because I was told cannabis could help w/ migraines, so I'm wiling to try anything. I did a poor job documenting my progress but will try to give you a timeline of what I did/used. Then post 2 pics & finally a question. Any comments that could help are of course welcome.

2x4x6 grow tent
Russian Haze auto
* after germination it popped up on 1/21, remained in germ. Tray w/ lid. Heat mat under T5 over 24/0.

*1/3over to 5gal aero fabric pop, 60% fox farms, remainder perlite, coco, under600wled 18/6. I know I prob moved to quick & some will wonder why jump from small container to large, but (right/wrong) I was to understand each moves creates stress and slows growth & when using autos the clock is running.
My question is what are the balls? too early in grow to show sex right? I know it prob sounds like a stupid question but ive never laid eyes on an actual plant only pics.

Thanks guys
Welcome to 420 magazine HeyMoe , I see you brought Larry and Curly.
This will be my first male auto .

Thanks WH & OS I was hoping it was something else. Obviously I must seperate from heard ( 2 others next to it). Anything positive it that can be done w/ it. Im seed poor. Thanks for your resonse

Thanks WH, I was hoping it was something else. Obviously I must seperate from heard ( 2 others next to it). Anthying positive it that can be done w/ it. Im seed poor. Thanks for your resonse
Maybe @Old Salt can answer that like I said my 1st male auto and I have some one else @InTheShed .

Here are some links on collecting pollen and how to pollinate your flowers selectively. The male needs to be completely isolated unless you want more seeds than smokeable bud. These are from beez0404's seedmaking thread:
and how he pollinates selective flowers here:

Autoflower seeds are supposed to be female (unless you specifically bought regular ones). If you were buying fems, contact the seller and let them know. They should replace them.

You could collect the pollen from him and then when you buy a female auto you can pollinate one branch and get a bunch of auto regular seeds.
Here are some links on collecting pollen and how to pollinate your flowers selectively. The male needs to be completely isolated unless you want more seeds than smokeable bud. These are from beez0404's seedmaking thread:
and how he pollinates selective flowers here:

Autoflower seeds are supposed to be female (unless you specifically bought regular ones). If you were buying fems, contact the seller and let them know. They should replace them.
Thanks Both of You

Keep the pictures that you sent to the Forum and provide them to your seed supplier. I've had my seed supplier replace all of my seeds because of non germination issues. I can't imagine that they wouldn't send you a brand new pack, maybe with some bonuses because of what you are experiencing.
Out of curiosity, where did the seeds come from?

Keep the pictures that you sent to the Forum and provide them to your seed supplier. I've had my seed supplier replace all of my seeds because of non germination issues. I can't imagine that they wouldn't send you a brand new pack, maybe with some bonuses because of what you are experiencing.
Out of curiosity, where did the seeds come from?
Others will give you credit for seed that don't germinate.

2x4x6 grow tent
Russian Haze auto

Thanks guys
This is 100% a male or at the very least a hermaphrodite, if you have other girls and you don't wan't seeds kill it.

Full disclosure, I went back & looked at actual invoice and it said Russian Haze auto regular seeds., not fem. Hesitant to name supplier but it looks like some senior members have so I assume it's acceptable. So to answer Guy Cavelleros question, it was seedsman. I've sent an email with picture. But I'm not expecting anything, disappointed yes, but they did specifically say regular seeds. Hey, I really appreciate everyone's help and suggestons. It's a nice change to be in a pleasant atmosphere. I'm a techie and some of those guys on those forums can get brutal. I keep telling my mom to be nicer but,,,

Ok, the other Russian Haze auto I started on1/21. The 2nd was a bit smaller than the pic I previously posted &!the 3rd even smaller. I get up this morning & notice what appears to be ball on #2. I’ve read stress can cause a change but their environment has been pretty stable. So I guess just chalk it up to me being on the wrong side of percentages. Gonna keep my eye on #3. Sadly, I’ve got 2 more that I started roughly 2 weeks after the original 3. Maybe pessimism but I have a bad feeling I’m gonna end up w/ 5 makes. Think I just received my 1st lesson, stick w/ fem.

Attachments

• 272D6CB7-E13B-47E8-B849-9B6B2CC264A3.jpeg
    272D6CB7-E13B-47E8-B849-9B6B2CC264A3.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 30
  • 57E10812-C8D6-4B7F-B497-15E9CEA7E398.jpeg
    57E10812-C8D6-4B7F-B497-15E9CEA7E398.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 32
Sticking to feminized seed for your first few grows is a good idea. I still stick to feminized seed. If I want to get more, I can always do a sex reversal on one branch to get pollen.

Sticking to feminized seed for your first few grows is a good idea. I still stick to feminized seed. If I want to get more, I can always do a sex reversal on one branch to get pollen.
still tempted to do this even with my norm seeds cause I want to save my clones genetics... it's going to take a while to clone and treat them though... wish my dispense sold male clones lol

Back
Top Bottom