Hello

Liferider

420 Member
New member and new grower. 2 plants and it’s a hard learning curve. Can’t seem to keep them alive for long. First 2 plants I germinated and once they were ready to plant didn’t know any better and used Miracle fro potting soil. They died. Next I went to coconut organic potting soil, they died . So now I’m going to try just plain old dirt from under my oak trees and mix in some dried crushed up leaves. I have grown beautiful gardens with wonderful veggies. Wtf a.m. I doing wrong!!!?

Coco and a base hydroponic nutrient to start, check out our resident coco guru Cultivator. I’ll get you a link to his coco thread. Soil from under your oak tree will most likely burn your plants to a crisp.

Like we said ya gotta get REAL Cannabis Nutes or ya will kill yer babies

Coco is a good media, Ive never used it, but I do a Hempy grow which is similar characteristics

I started in Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. Worked well for my 1st full grow, I changed over in my next, mainly, do to the ability to leave backpacking for 3-5 days and not needing to water

“Hempy” or “hempy bucket” is a type of of soil-less growing using added nutrients. It is a hydroponic method where you take a pot without drainage, or bucket, and put a drainage hole in the side about two inches up from the bottom. The bottom two inches is filled will perlite or other material. On top of that is added additional material to the top - perlite or coco are most common, or a mix of the two. The idea is to train the roots of the plant to grow down to the bottom reservoir of nutrient solution and feed itself from there.

Back
Top Bottom