Hello

Well at least I can stop worrying about it being too much light...
For the time being I’m stuck with those lights till I can stash a few bucks. Any way to optimize what I have until then? I do have two more of the same lights that are in another tent with the same two strains vegging. I have a couple smaller T-5s I could move into the veg tent & put the others in the flowering tent if that would help - don’t want to rob Peter to pay Paul...
Tent is 3’ x 3’ x 6’.

With 2 of those you only have 248 watts. What size grow area ? You want 30 - 50 watts per square foot of light.
Your lights are OK for a 2' x 4' area. If doing a 4 x 4 tent you need 2 more.
Tent is 3’ x 3’ x 6’

So you have 9 sq. ft. of coverage area. 9 x 30 watts = 270 watts minimum & 9 x 50 watts = 450 watts for real good growth. So you are close to the minimum level for OK growth. 1 more of those lights & you would get pretty decent growth & bigger yields. You will still get growth & buds. Just nowhere close to full potential. Most likely 2 - 4 oz. per plant unless you get more light on it. Then you would be looking more at 6 - 10 oz. per plant. If you notice the ads on lights they almost always give grams per watt per sq. meter. More light = more buds.

If you decide to buy a new light after this grow I would recommend the Mars Hydro TSW 2000 for a 3 x 3. They run $260 new. I use one of those in a 3 x 3 x 6 tent with amazing growth. I usually pull 8 - 12 oz. doing just 1 plant in a 3 x 3 with this light. These pics are from 2 weeks ago. She's bigger now & getting ready to go into flower.
9-372.JPG
9-373.JPG
9-375.JPG

So you have 9 sq. ft. of coverage area. 9 x 30 watts = 270 watts minimum & 9 x 50 watts = 450 watts for real good growth. So you are close to the minimum level for OK growth. 1 more of those lights & you would get pretty decent growth & bigger yields. You will still get growth & buds. Just nowhere close to full potential. Most likely 2 - 4 oz. per plant unless you get more light on it. Then you would be looking more at 6 - 10 oz. per plant. If you notice the ads on lights they almost always give grams per watt per sq. meter. More light = more buds.
Thanks. Would one of those lights I showed you sufficient for vegging? If so I could move one into the flower tent....

Did you say you had some T-5's ? Maybe 1 light + the T-5's would work if you get the T-5's close to the canopy.
You could buy some 85 watt CFL bulbs & put one on each pole. I actually did my 1st grow with just 4 CFL's in a cardboard box .... lol.

Did you say you had some T-5's ? Maybe 1 light + the T-5's would work if you get the T-5's close to the canopy.
You could buy some 85 watt CFL bulbs & put one on each pole. I actually did my 1st grow with just 4 CFL's in a cardboard box .... lol
Ok thanks.

You could buy some 85 watt CFL bulbs & put one on each pole. I actually did my 1st grow with just 4 CFL's in a cardboard box .... lol.
I spotted this a little while ago. Any ideas? There are several spots like this. I’ve looked her over pretty good ( under 10 x magnification) & didn’t find any bugs on the plant or in the soil but I did soot something flying in the tent. It was very small & I only saw it for a second...
9A249C16-2919-4771-AD9E-1B7AA4C87BA7.jpeg

Wow, I haven't seen mites do that kind of damage before. The yellowish trail lines makes me think mites. But the holes in the leaves make it look like a grasshopper or fly or something like that. @Emilya , can you give us your opinion on this. Emilya is great ! One of the best on this site.

whatever it is, it is large enough to see either them or the poop they leave behind. There is a lot of leaf matter being eaten up here.
But it is pest damage, correct ? I've had a fly eat a hole before but nothing that large. I was wondering if mites could do that kind of damage. It looks like mites but I'm just not sure if they do that much damage. I would suggest SNS or Neem if I knew for sure.

I spotted this a little while ago. Any ideas? There are several spots like this. I’ve looked her over pretty good ( under 10 x magnification) & didn’t find any bugs on the plant or in the soil but I did soot something flying in the tent. It was very small & I only saw it for a second...
9A249C16-2919-4771-AD9E-1B7AA4C87BA7.jpeg
Do you have any sticky traps ? Molasses ? Beer ? If so, put sticky traps on top your soil under the leaves & see if you catch anything. A paper plate with molasses spread out on it will also attract things like gnats & crickets & they'll get stuck in it. A bowl of warm beer also attracts pests & they drown in it. A Flashlight held to the leaf surface & you can see some pests through the leaf that way. You have some kind of pest. Is it one type or more is the question. I would start treating for mites though & go from there. If you catch anything in one of the traps you'll know more.

whatever it is, it is large enough to see either them or the poop they leave behind. There is a lot of leaf matter being eaten up here.
Thanks. I’ve looked at this plant all day & don’t see any bugs even under a digital microscope. I don’t have any sticky traps or molasses per bud buddy’s suggestion but I did put some beer in a bowl & no takers so far. She’s one of four in the tent - the others all look happy. She looked very robust until a few days ago...

3B050D6B-A036-4C98-9652-AF357D490861.jpeg

There's got to be a Cricket, Caterpillar or something like that in there somewhere. A Cricket could be under the pot or in the soil. I know they don't like being watered when they are outside. I wonder if there is something like a grasshopper in the soil if flushing the plant would make it come out.

:welcome: :passitleft:

I looked at your pics and noticed what looked like winged creature above this hole, possibly white flies, can't really tell in this pic :goodluck:
I literally spent hours looking at her yesterday. I never saw anything move...

Hi all, I’m pretty new to growing - I’ve had accidental success before, but I’m pretty early on in the learning curve. Presently I have two Durban Poison & two Black Widow that I’ve quadlined & just flipped them.
I have the DP in 5 gal cloth pots & the BW in 2 gal cloth pots. I’m using Fox Farms Happy Frog potting soil & just started using Fox Farms weekly feeding schedule I found here. I’m starting at 1/2 strength with everything. Plan is to feed every Monday & water only every Wednesday & Friday. Until now they’ve only had water.
The plants appear to be healthy although I think their growth has been somewhat sluggish - I may have over stressed them.
Temp in the tent has been 63 - 72 f & RH is at 40%. I’m using 2 Hystorm full spectrum 600 W led lights at about 30”.
All comments welcomed...
5DE72B33-DB4C-4070-91D8-E7430DDFBA80.jpeg
CE85CB3D-202B-4722-B2CF-759D454BE084.jpeg
There's got to be a Cricket, Caterpillar or something like that in there somewhere. A Cricket could be under the pot or in the soil. I know they don't like being watered when they are outside. I wonder if there is something like a grasshopper in the soil if flushing the plant would make it come out.
Well.
This morning I found the tiniest ants I’ve ever seen in the tent. I’ve treated the tent itself with pyrethin but since I don’t see any trails indicating a point of entry my guess is that the ants are in the soil. I don’t know what to do. I’m hesitant to spray the plants since they’re in their 2nd week of flowering & calyces are beginning to appear. Does anybody know of a plant friendly way to deal with this?

I wonder if it's ants or some type of larvae ? I know you can do a water & peroxide flush or use Mosquito dunks to kill the gnat larvae. Not sure if it works on ants. Look up Mosquito Dunks & see what all they kill. They are cheap at Home Depot.

I wonder if it's ants or some type of larvae ? I know you can do a water & peroxide flush or use Mosquito dunks to kill the gnat larvae. Not sure if it works on ants. Look up Mosquito Dunks & see what all they kill. They are cheap at Home Depot.
Thanks my man. They’re definitely ants. Specially, sugar ants. They’re common around here & not too hard to control once you get a handle on them. Gnats are common here too but it’s too cold for them or mosquitoes right now. I was worried there was some microscopic insect about to wreak havoc. This I can handle (I think)‍‍

Well.
This morning I found the tiniest ants I’ve ever seen in the tent. I’ve treated the tent itself with pyrethin but since I don’t see any trails indicating a point of entry my guess is that the ants are in the soil. I don’t know what to do. I’m hesitant to spray the plants since they’re in their 2nd week of flowering & calyces are beginning to appear. Does anybody know of a plant friendly way to deal with this?
This is what I use...I have zero bugs :thumb:
Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Back
Top Bottom