Help: are dying bottom leaves and brown spots normal at this stage

brad1669

I am into a flowering stage and the bottom leaves just started rapidly dying. I also have some brown spots on some of the higher fan leaves.

-Soil Promix HP
-feed Ingo
-feed,feed,water schedule every other day or longer.
- Indoor grow.
- temp 27-30c humidity 40-60%
- just did a flush yesterday of about 6 liters of water. Soil was very dried out before doing flush

20210218_232541.jpg

20210218_232519.jpg

I am into a flowering stage and the bottom leaves just started rapidly dying. I also have some brown spots on some of the higher fan leaves.

-Soil Promix HP
-feed Ingo
- Indoor grow.
- just did a flush yesterday of about 6 liters of water. Soil was very dried out before doing flush

20210218_232541.jpg

20210218_232519.jpg
Beautiful girl my friend.
That promix you are using is probably spent, are you giving her any nutrients and calmag?How long has she been flowering?

Beautiful girl my friend.
That promix you are using is probably spent, are you giving her any nutrients and calmag?How long has she been flowering?
I am using a 3 part Indo feed. I will add photos and a description of what's in them. Maybe my resent flush took to much of the nutrition out of the soil?. It's 3 weeks into flowering.

SmartSelect_20210219-111042_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20210219-111027_Chrome.jpg

I am using a 3 part Indo feed. I will add photos and a description of what's in them. Maybe my resent flush took to much of the nutrition out of the soil?. It's 3 weeks into flowering.

SmartSelect_20210219-111042_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20210219-111027_Chrome.jpg
Those nutrients are more than capable of getting you to the finish line.
It says they are fine in hydro or soil. Have you been using their feed chart. What amount and when.

-Soil Promix HP
-feed Ingo
- Indoor grow.

20210218_232541.jpg

20210218_232519.jpg
Is this an auto ? Because if not and this is your third week those are some massive colas you have forming

Those nutrients are more than capable of getting you to the finish line.
It says they are fine in hydro or soil. Have you been using their feed chart. What amount and when.
Yeah Ive been fallowing there chart. There chart is for 3.5 liters of water so I have been splitting that in half and giving the plant 1.5 liters of water twice a week with half the recommended ratios of feed in 3.5L of water. Seems like it started right after I did the large volume water so maybe I'll go back to my old pattern.

Yup it's an auto. CBD haze 1:1 ratio Fem auto
If you have ran water through her thats probably a good thing. Stick with the feeding chart as recommended she is a big girl. She will need everything you can give her. Make sure you are watering properly. Are you letting it dry inbetween?

If you have ran water through her thats probably a good thing. Stick with the feeding chart as recommended she is a big girl. She will need everything you can give her. Make sure you are watering properly. Are you letting it dry inbetwe

If you have ran water through her thats probably a good thing. Stick with the feeding chart as recommended she is a big girl. She will need everything you can give her. Make sure you are watering properly. Are you letting it dry inbetween?
It was very dry before i did the big water (pot felt like the weight of the pot with dry soil) . I have been watering every other day before that but maybe should try letting it dry out a bit longer, thanks

It was very dry before i did the big water (pot felt like the weight of the pot with dry soil) . I have been watering every other day before that but maybe should try letting it dry out a bit longer, thanks
She needs that wet dry cycle to push roots and really build her size. :thumb:
Being too wet can cause leaf droop tips to point down and nutrient uptake issues. Have you had a chance to read emilyas thread on how to water a potted plant? Good info.

I don’t use ProMix, but it is my understanding that it is a soilless mix and should NOT be treated as soil. It should be treated more like hydro. You might want to search around about that.

I try to follow the nute manufactur’s schedule as far as feeding. They spend a lot of time figuring out what is best. They really do want you to have a successful grow. I would not be feeding at 1/2 strength, especially since you’re in flower. The yellowing lower leaves says to me it need more nutes.

I don’t use ProMix, but it is my understanding that it is a soilless mix and should NOT be treated as soil. It should be treated more like hydro. You might want to search around about that.

I try to follow the nute manufactur’s schedule as far as feeding. They spend a lot of time figuring out what is best. They really do want you to have a successful grow. I would not be feeding at 1/2 strength, especially since you’re in flower. The yellowing lower leaves says to me it need more nutes.
Promix has different blends ,op indicated it was promix soil based mixture.

-Soil Promix HP
According to ProMix, HP is 65-75% peat moss with perlite, limestone and a wetting agent. So to me that means soilless, but I could be wrong.

According to ProMix, HP is 65-75% peat moss with perlite, limestone and a wetting agent. So to me that means soilless, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for pointing that out my friend.
I have been wrong before.
jus ask my x wife.

Promix HP is indeed soilless. The feed chart for my feed has one side for soil/soilless and one side for hydro. So they recommend the same feed for soil/soilless. Also Im using full strength feeds just half the amount of water as the chart says so half the feed but it gets that twice a week. @Bill284

Feed_Schedule_v3-Worksheet_480x480.jpg

Promix HP is indeed soilless. The feed chart for my feed has one side for soil/soilless and one side for hydro. So they recommend the same feed for soil/soilless. Also Im using full strength feeds just half the amount of water as the chart says so half the feed but it gets that twice a week. @Bill284

Feed_Schedule_v3-Worksheet_480x480.jpg
Does that make sense or should I up the feed? Thanks for the help

Does that make sense or should I up the feed? Thanks for the help
If your mix is truly soilless i apologize for my error.
Hydro needs fed every time at 5.8 ph

most bottle charts are far too hot. the common approach among most growers is to use 1/2 the strength. autos also tend to feed a bit lighter.

i am not familiar with those nutes, so the chart might be correct for them. dunno. i would start at half strength and move upward depending on how the plant reads.

those lowers would be consumed anyway. the plant has no use for them, and light is not penetrating to them. you'd be losing some down there probably no matter what. the plant is definitely consuming them. if it continues up the plant i'd get worried then.

you might need a little calmag. i would add it if it's not in the mix. don't see huge issues with it though.

edit: you should be ph'ing to 5.8.

Back
Top Bottom