Help: are dying bottom leaves and brown spots normal at this stage

most bottle charts are far too hot. the common approach among most growers is to use 1/2 the strength. autos also tend to feed a bit lighter.

i am not familiar with those nutes, so the chart might be correct for them. dunno. i would start at half strength and move upward depending on how the plant reads.

those lowers would be consumed anyway. the plant has no use for them, and light is not penetrating to them. you'd be losing some down there probably no matter what. the plant is definitely consuming them. if it continues up the plant i'd get worried then.

you might need a little calmag. i would add it if it's not in the mix. don't see huge issues with it though.

edit: you should be ph'ing to 5.8.
Thanks! I will reduce the feed a bit and go from there.

Does that article confuse or clarify what to do?

mostly confuses.

you can ignore ph and maybe never have an issue.

or you can ph correctly and definitely never have one.

Here’s a good discussion about ph’ing in ProMix started by @InTheShed. There’s lots of good info.

Here’s a good article from ProMix.

mostly confuses.

you can ignore ph and maybe never have an issue.

or you can ph correctly and definitely never have one.

“Contrary to popular belief, the pH of the water does not influence the pH of the growing medium. Actually, it is the bicarbonate and carbonate levels in the water, known collectively as alkalinity, the potential acidity or basicity of the fertilizer and the plant itself.”

That‘s a quote from this ProMix article.

I have not checked the ph yet. But I think I will check the ph of the soil today just to be sure. I have test strips from a pool laying around so that should do the trick. The more info the better, I am still learning. This is only my second grow so thanks everyone!

i have to agree with reave here.
but i need to add, this does not always mean you can ignore ph. you do at your own peril.

remember we do not ph for the plant, the media, or the water. we ph for the nutes.

it is a requirement to make the different nute elements available for the plant to consume as it moves through different ph levels.

I have not checked the ph yet. But I think I will check the ph of the soil today just to be sure. I have test strips from a pool laying around so that should do the trick. The more info the better, I am still learning. This is only my second grow so thanks everyone!

soil or runoff ph tells you nothing. it is only your inputs that matter.
you would only use soil or run off ph info in very dire circumstances. it does not tell you what you think it does.

She just looks lovely. No need to worry about anything anyway. She must be close to done.

about the best post i seen on this so far.

i have to agree with reave here.
but i need to add, this does not always mean you can ignore ph. you do at your own peril.

remember we do not ph for the plant, the media, or the water. we ph for the nutes.

it is a requirement to make the different nute elements available for the plant to consume as it moves through different ph levels.

soil or runoff ph tells you nothing. it is only your inputs that matter.
you would only use soil or run off ph info in very dire circumstances. it does not tell you what you think it does.

about the best post i seen on this so far.
Thanks this helps a lot. I also have a grow journal on this plant if anyone wants to check it out. I posted here because I wasn't getting any replys there. I probably should have started with posting a link now that I think of it. Brads 1:1 CBD Auto Haze Indoor Soil Grow 2021: First Indoor Grow

As far as using half strength nutes, here’s what @Emilya has to say:

“... if you are giving half strength......, you are buying into the bro science running rampant on the interwebs.”

salt based bottle charts are notoriously too hot. i've yet to meet anyone who didn't blow their plants up following a full bottle chart.

i currently run mega crop. that is the first nute i've used with a rock solid schedule. when comparing ec levels - MC was at the same ec as half strength AN for any given plant stage. so the full MC chart worked out identical to the 1/2 AN chart.

it's not coincidence. bottle nute companies are known to push hotter mixes to sell more junk.

MC also teaches you to read the plants. i very rarely consult their chart when mixing a feed. i do it all by what the plants dictate.

lotta mc love here lol. i need to point out there are other great nutes out there too.

mc does have a tricky stage in mid flower. i am also super unimpressed that their pk boost bud explosion is perpetually out of stock. i've been checking their site for months.

Back
Top Bottom