Help, leaves turning lime green

lets do an experiment again, lets see what happens, im trashing all these anyways, so i dont care about them.
8 inches away, 800 PAR. these are 27 days old from seed. The meter is a converted Lux meter, but is pretty darn accurate from 8 to 36 inches

brother we should start a separate thread on this lol
we're kinda trashing @Missyhum 's thread right now ... :p

and c'mon is that vipar ? .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
granted they've come a long long way

like to see more of your strip light build though. that's got promise for sure.

strip light set ups are the next wave. i could never understand how qbs got so hyped when the strip lights were the same tech with better heat exchange.

that fan is an inline booster fan and may not move enough air to drop your humidity. if you couple it with a carbon scrubber it will have an even harder time.

it is a good brand and i've seen others use it as an extractor as well, though with no scrubber (filter) attached.

this is the type of fan required for use as an extractor if you add a carbon scrubber.

full

@VetSmoke85 posted a great graphic on how a tent is set up including extraction fan and carbon scrubber.

there's nothing wrong with using the fan you have, it just may not move enough air.

your light should be maintained about 18 - 24 inches from the canopy in flower. that light does look a bit small for the space. i'd have to look up the specs, but i'd venture you could use a second one.

without knowing your media and feed sched i can't comment on the ppm you are currently feeding. plant requirements go up in flower, not down, so i wouldn't drop it lower, and things look good right now. i don't see any plants currently having nutrient issues.
Thank You, I will look into that fan, because I still need a additional fan for the 2nd tent (autos), so I will switch it once I receive it. I wanted to avoid a 2nd light, is it really necessary especially that I made it this far?

no.
it stands for parts per million. it is a measure of how much nutrient value is in the water you are feeding.

those soil probes you are talking about are less than useless.

edit : the ones used for measuring ppm/ec in the water are what you want. there are dedicated ph probes as well. have you been ph'ing ? your media may not have required it. LOS and other soil type grows are often water only with no ph required.
I also use it to check the water, see pic, it that the same thing?

EA4B28A8-CBB0-46FD-9426-9FE2B4FE1E03.jpeg

Ok, Best to put your light 16 inches away from the toppest top you have. That will give you about 440 PAR. It will grow buds, but dont expect them to be huge. When you get half way thru flower, lower it to 12 inches if you want for around 700 PAR., BUT, move it side to side half way thru the day if possible. If not possible, best bet is to just ride it out at the 16 inches, so you get at least decent coverage for the entire grow space. Coverage drops pretty significaly at 8 inches from the center of the right left to right. What size tent is that anyways?
Thank You!
So that will be higher or lower than what I have? (Need to buy measures tape) and see pic of size tent

0AA73C10-4E59-4CB9-B1FF-90EDDDCFEC9B.png

brother we should start a separate thread on this lol
we're kinda trashing @Missyhum 's thread right now ... :p

and c'mon is that vipar ? .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
granted they've come a long long way

like to see more of your strip light build though. that's got promise for sure.

strip light set ups are the next wave. i could never understand how qbs got so hyped when the strip lights were the same tech with better heat exchange.
lol, yeahhh, i was thinking about that too, hey, its a lesson!
I actually dismantles it man, (strip light ) i used cheap Ebay SMD strips for it, and retro fitted the cobs into the same hand crafted wooden box i made, LOL. its awesome tho, put it up as a memento, lol. although, it worked awesome, but in a 2x2 tent, ( light was 23x23in) left no room to remove heat from the plants.

Thank You!
So that will be higher or lower than what I have? (Need to buy measures tape) and see pic of size tent

0AA73C10-4E59-4CB9-B1FF-90EDDDCFEC9B.png
ok, 2x4 tent. hummmm, going to be a ruff one to get a great grow, althought it wont be disappointing, thats alot of tent to cover with your light. Id put it from your fingertips to your elbow distance, lol.. :nerd-with-glasses::ganjamon:

that meter is not the right one we need. Look at amazone for a TDS meter. Like $12 bucks

Thank You, I will look into that fan, because I still need a additional fan for the 2nd tent (autos), so I will switch it once I receive it. I wanted to avoid a 2nd light, is it really necessary especially that I made it this far?

before you go much further i'd make provisions to ensure you can exhaust air to outside. you can't grow too much indoors and rely on passive air exchange to outdoor.

high humidity, mold, bud rot all lay on that path.

but it doesn't look like you are pushing things too hard.
if you are only growing a couple plants at a time you can probably get away with not exhausting to outdoor. but it will eventually catch up.

right now they look fine. if you're ok with stuff as is you don't have to go chasing upgrades right now until you get this one done. it's more important you get a finish and learn.

edit : you're gonna want more light in the future. other upgrades will flow from that.

that is a useless tool. as is anyone who tells you it's the cat's ass.

they can be notoriously off. they also will return different values depending on where / how deep they are inserted.

for watering techniques read and follow @Emilya 's guide. i think you've been referred there in this thread before. everyone in soil winds up doing it that way over time with experience any way. she just describes it better. save yourself the learning curve and just do it.

lol, yeahhh, i was thinking about that too, hey, its a lesson!
I actually dismantles it man, (strip light ) i used cheap Ebay SMD strips for it, and retro fitted the cobs into the same hand crafted wooden box i made, LOL. its awesome tho, put it up as a memento, lol. although, it worked awesome, but in a 2x2 tent, ( light was 23x23in) left no room to remove heat from the plants.

we need to take this in to another thread lol. but don't box anything ever if you can avoid it. you could have dropped the fans and still run even cooler. passive light cooling has been solidly here for near a decade.

we need to take this in to another thread lol. but don't box anything ever if you can avoid it. you could have dropped the fans and still run even cooler. passive light cooling has been solidly here for near a decade.
i will put it in my current grow thread, that is now going to be stopped, but will continue with this project, althought it will only be a few days, lol,

If her dehumidifier is working as expected out side the tent, that inline fan is plenty, its just pulling air, maybe not a huge amount per second, but it will get the job done eventually, lol..
I have a AC that has a dehumidifier, so I would have to keep it on? And for how long?

I have a AC that has a dehumidifier, so I would have to keep it on? And for how long?
oooooo, thats right, combo thing..

well, all the time, if the humidity is above 60% to be honest. just cant flower with humidity above 60%, you can, but it will grow mold in your buds most likely if the temps and air are not on point.

just keep the conditions in your tent ok and it will be fine.
without living there we have no idea of how much it will take.

again, the good news is everything looks ok.

let us know the temps and humidity and we can give you a guideline. higher humidity in flower can be an issue as the buds develop. but there is a bit of range depending on air exchange, strain, temps, etc. nothing is written in stone, but there are boundaries.

a touch under 60% is usually better in flower. i get much drier than that so don't have to worry. issues will start at 55% and up depending on some strains. 55% is frankly a bit dry for most growers. i'm well under 50 here so my issue is usually the opposite - too dry.

it seems complicated but isn't really all that bad, and you get used to it real quick after a couple grows. :)

just keep the conditions in your tent ok and it will be fine.
without living there we have no idea of how much it will take.

again, the good news is everything looks ok.

let us know the temps and humidity and we can give you a guideline. higher humidity in flower can be an issue as the buds develop. but there is a bit of range depending on air exchange, strain, temps, etc. nothing is written in stone, but there are boundaries.

a touch under 60% is usually better in flower. i get much drier than that so don't have to worry. issues will start at 55% and up depending on some strains. 55% is frankly a bit dry for most growers. i'm well under 50 here so my issue is usually the opposite - too dry.

it seems complicated but isn't really all that bad, and you get used to it real quick after a couple grows. :)
Thank You, my goal is to get it down under 70 and I’m going to work in the tent today to fix the fan and use my dehumidifier. I really appreciate all your knowledge and will you ya updated today.

Thank You, my goal is to get it down under 70 and I’m going to work in the tent today to fix the fan and use my dehumidifier. I really appreciate all your knowledge and will you ya updated today.

that's the right direction. anything 55 - 60 % closer will help. it's not so crucial as you just changed the light sched. it gets more important as the buds develop. it would go a long way if you opened a window to outside to get some fresh air circulation.

that's the right direction. anything 55 - 60 % closer will help. it's not so crucial as you just changed the light sched. it gets more important as the buds develop. it would go a long way if you opened a window to outside to get some fresh air circulation.
So lower than 69%? I might have to put my air conditioning in the tent, lol. The issue I have is I have only two windows in the room and the other tent is near the window (portable air conditioner in it) which makes it hard for the big tent to be near.

Back
Top Bottom