Help please I don't want to wait till it's too late

marcus611a

My first time growing under LEDs. I ain't too familiar with checking the trichomes always told to wait till 80% of the Hairs turn red. I will put some pics on here in my track homes and buds. All info will help the 28th of this month starts 9th week of flower venom OG. I just want the highest potency in my bud without the couch lock

20210523_222517.jpg

20210523_222309.jpg

20210523_222233.jpg

20210523_222131.jpg

20210523_221936.jpg

20210523_221455.jpg

20210523_221314.jpg

20210523_221215.jpg

20210523_221204.jpg

20210523_221140.jpg

By your tricks pics she'll go another week 10 days....and let her she'll still swell up mpre yet...you won't be disappointed so look at it that way...another weeks nothing from when you put hers in the ground

Yeah, giver them another week.
BUT something i like to do is break off a small bud and dry it out on top of the LED overnight and smoke it the next day to evaluate the buzz. It'll taste harsh with a fast dry and no curing but this is just to evaluate the effects and determine when to harvest. One person may desire a more narcotic, sedative effect of an over ripe plant vs another person who may prefer an active, alert buzz of an under ripe plant. Try a small sample every few days to see what you like. And do this for different strains and track it. I usually let my indicas go a little long because Mrs cough lives with chronic pain whereas I like a little something to get me off my ass and get stuff done so i chop my sativas/hybrids a little early

No couch lock.... they can be chopped now. How do they smell?

If you pay attention to the smells once the plant is in the chop window her smell changes. You can wait it out and see if they will get fatter or chop up to you.

If I had plants in VEG ready to go. I'd chop it. Specially if you like you weed lively.

Where did the seeds come from - breeder?

I just received some Triangle Kush clones from Cali. They are related to Venom OG. Never really grew out any OG strains. I skipped past them due to a lot of hype. Figure the growers sorted it out by now.

I don't know what hype you talking about I ain't never heard nothing like that I bought me an ounce of some venomo tea and there was two seeds in it and both of them turned out female. And I've been taking clones off of it while it's 3 weeks into budding stage and I got four clones monster cropped ready to go. I'm just waiting to harvest these then I'm going to get them transplant them settlement veg for a couple weeks and then start button them out

The OG hype... you hadda be around back around 2012 when the OG craze was happening. Basically it was Chemdawg and OG were the predominant or maybe the most hyped up strains back them.

I went with Chem. I couldn't take all the bro-ing about with the OG and all the in-fighting over what was legit and what was copy cat. Was a lot of bs drama. I steered clear on the OG side.

Figured by now its all squared away since cookies are a thing now.

Looking good @marcus611a they are very close. I see mostly clear/transitioning to cloudy trichs so that is a good indicator that she is probably in the last week or 2 before you should chop. Definitely don't let the color of the hairs fool ya or the sugar leaves...even if they are full of amber trichs. I grew a strain that never put out orange/red hairs, they stayed a cream color all the way through until I chopped her down and even when it was dried they only changed to a light brown color but man was that some crazy sticky bud loaded with resin.

20210307_183739.jpg

Venom og is listed as 50/50 Indica sativa mix. If the pistols are still green/white it is still growing. If they are all dark the flower is done growing. Indica tends to be more of a body effect and sativa are more of a head effect. Once you have a nice round ball on the end of the trichomes they are fully developed but low on all cannabinoids. From there they turn milky, having high THC but low body effect. This is where you are at. As they start to amber THC breaks down Into the cannabinoids other than THC that will lead to the more body high of couch lock.

It may not be your right time to harvest but it is definitely time for a taste test! You can't change how ripe it is after full harvest.

Back
Top Bottom