Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

So...I thought your idea of a prepaid credit card was great. I went to the Lil Champ and got a "Greendot" visa with 200.00 on it, paid the 204.95 and left. When I called to turn it on, I learned there is a hold on overseas purchases 'till the permanent one gets here in a week or so.....PAHOOIE!!
On the other hand, the plants I got finishing should be done by then, and the others can go out among the 'maters and stuff (small yet) till my Attitude Tee shirt gets here:) Lucy (again) Aurora (reg) Medusa (reg) Haze (fem) and some free stuff. Best to have an empty room when awaiting mail I reckon I'll do a journal this time. {lucy got popular...no regs (so no seed plants) and 55.00 for the five this time. Of course there's guys like Dinafem that want 25.00 a seed!!:smokin: Screw that!
Here we grow again doggie:grinjoint:

A greendot card is NOT anonomous at all. They get your phone, ssi, addy and everything before you're done......Just so you know

Chopper I think it will serve it's purpose for you just fine, although I got a prepaid MC that I paid cash for, and there were no links to me at all. I didn't register it, I just used it up and it worked fine oversees too.

What I really didn't want was a transaction traceable in any way back to my bank account. I can see the DA laying out his case, this guy didn't just find some seeds he ordered them from Amsterdam! I'd only be worried about using that green dot card if you were to continue using it and keeping it around so it could be connected to both you and the purchase.

I'm excited about your order for sure. Everyone here loves the lucy too, but I don't feel like I got the best out of her and would like to try again. In fact I've got some extra $ right now and I'm trying to decide between a light mover, ph meter or seeds.

I don't critically need any of them but I want all 3! :tokin:

That's because this journal rocks.

Thanks McCrakin! It's been fun and hopefully somewhat informative.

You are absolutely right! The grocery store prepaids are much better, there is no personal info on those cards and you pay roughly the same fee for the card and activation. The reason the greendot cards get all your info is because they are loadable cards in your name and the other ones are use til they are empty type gift cards.

I learn something new every day. Green Dot would be better than your regular bank card, but a prepaid Visa or MC is definitely the best way to go.

Chopper one more thing, you could use your green dot to buy a prepaid MC and still place your order tonight! Kinda sucks to pay 2 service fees though.

If paying a service fee for peace of mind is what it takes then it's worth it. I'm a little scepticle of making purchases with my card so I always use cash at the hydro store and use the prepay cards for online ordering;)

"Growers are a different breed my friend. We're like shadow people leading double lives and walking in between rain drops". - Bandit420

You can never be too safe. I've left lots of footprints all over the place but I try to get more invisible as I go along. Use cash or prepaid credit cards. Don't leave stuff lying around. Think about what you'll say if someone asks you awkward questions. And most important tell as few people as possible that you're a grower... preferably nobody.

Hey bluedog, can I use rapid rooter plugs or is that unnecessary with the hempy method?

Hey boss you can definitely use the plugs and I recommend it, at least for clones.

For seeds I just use mini-hempies and have had great luck with that. Bottom third of cup is pure perlite, middle third is 50/50 soil/perlite, top third where the seed goes is 100% soil. I pop the seed into water for 24 hrs then it goes into the soil, keep it nice and warm with a bright light on it... I've only had one seed out of 10 not germ that way and it was a seed a friend had for a long time.

I've started using 2 cups for my mini-hempies. The inner cup with the hole being clear plastic, and the outer cup without a hole is solid colored. This way you can see when your roots are developed enough for transplanting.

When you're ready to transplant just loosely shake off what soil you can from the roots and pop it into it's new perlite home, the remaining soil won't hurt a thing.

Good luck!

Block party at my place! :party:

I've been waiting for a nice windy day like this, just burned everything from my first grow in the fireplace, a little over a pound of top notch, grade A crap.

I wouldn't mind as much taking a fall for quality budz, but to have that shit around and count the same as good smoke... not worth it at all. All of it together isn't worth 1/4 z of anything I have now.

Kind of stuff you smoke and smoke, get a little buzz from but then a headache, good riddance.

Block party at my place! :party:

I've been waiting for a nice windy day like this, just burned everything from my first grow in the fireplace, a little over a pound of top notch, grade A crap.

I wouldn't mind as much taking a fall for quality budz, but to have that shit around and count the same as good smoke... not worth it at all. All of it together isn't worth 1/4 z of anything I have now.

Kind of stuff you smoke and smoke, get a little buzz from but then a headache, good riddance.

I've heard of big a hearted guy
, that drop bags (of things that are not quite up to their standards) in places where folks who'd appreciate the "Manna from heaven" best, are most likely to find it. Maybe hand a big sack out the window to the "Will work for beer" dude on the interstate off ramp....a giant bag on the surfers beach....or the skate park. :Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:
But that's just a rumor, that story about the Bud Fairy. :)
I hear his standards are very high, so what he drops is pretty good by regular non-grower standards HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My luck I'd pick an undercover cop or the guy I gave the bag too would immediately get stopped. Plus those bastards have my fingerprints. I didn't even want to bury it out in the yard. Now it's gone.

My luck I'd pick an undercover cop or the guy I gave the bag too would immediately get stopped. Plus those bastards have my fingerprints. I didn't even want to bury it out in the yard. Now it's gone.

I seem to have that kinda luck as well.

Shoulda composted it, mang. Put it back to work for you. :)

It's still pretty cold here and if it was sitting in the compost pile it would still be a potential problem, not that I have a compost pile anyhow :)

It was fun burning it, I threw it in a handful at a time. Then it would smell like I just lit a 2 foot joint for a few seconds, then it was gone :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

I need to keep track of things better.

Today I watered with superthrive, SNS veg supplement, cal/mag, silica & snowstorm ultra which came 3 days after I ordered it - props the Humbolt County!

Someone, sorry I forget who, suggested going to petsmart to get a syringe for dog medicine that measures in cc's, which are the same as ml's. So I got one for $4 for and I can now accurately measure all my dosages :cheer:

The problem I now have is that the SNS veg supplement is very dark and you use a lot - 28ml/gal. I ph'd to a bit under 6 before I added it but I can't test it with my drops. So now I need a meter, I'm trying to get this Hannah that Horse recommended, but I'm waiting on an answer from the seller about the solutions.

Sog's looking good. As I mentioned the Bubblicious are the biggest and they're supposed to be short, they're all 11-12". The WW's all stopped at 7-9" this last week and that has me concerned, they'll be pretty worthless at that size. The AG's are next biggest after the Bubs, about 10". And the AK's are all 7-9" and growing well.

The Red Diesel just sits there, very strange or unhappy plant. It looks healthy but very petite. It has 4 tiny colas from where I topped it, smallest buds I've ever seen and maybe 1/32" tall. Never produced a clonable branch more than about a half inch long. She's about 9 1/2" tall now. Even if I don't get much of anything from her, which looks likely, she's been interesting to watch since she's so different. And my bubba kush was like that too except not as tiny... but just sat there and sat there until it finally kicked into gear.

Upstairs I still have 1 bub & 1 ag that I'm trying to root. Still nothing visible in the cups but I know they have some. If they don't die I'm going to turn them into mothers and do a second run. I'm going to pull an ak out of the flower room for the same purpose. I really didn't handle the whole clones to flower thing well at all, and I think it's going to kill my yield. So I'll have a plan B cooking.

I need to keep track of things better.

Today I watered with superthrive, SNS veg supplement, cal/mag, silica & snowstorm ultra which came 3 days after I ordered it - props the Humbolt County!

Someone, sorry I forget who, suggested going to petsmart to get a syringe for dog medicine that measures in cc's, which are the same as ml's. So I got one for $4 for and I can now accurately measure all my dosages :cheer:

The problem I now have is that the SNS veg supplement is very dark and you use a lot - 28ml/gal. I ph'd to a bit under 6 before I added it but I can't test it with my drops. So now I need a meter, I'm trying to get this Hannah that Horse recommended, but I'm waiting on an answer from the seller about the solutions.

Sog's looking good. As I mentioned the Bubblicious are the biggest and they're supposed to be short, they're all 11-12". The WW's all stopped at 7-9" this last week and that has me concerned, they'll be pretty worthless at that size. The AG's are next biggest after the Bubs, about 10". And the AK's are all 7-9" and growing well.

The Red Diesel just sits there, very strange or unhappy plant. It looks healthy but very petite. It has 4 tiny colas from where I topped it, smallest buds I've ever seen and maybe 1/32" tall. Never produced a clonable branch more than about a half inch long. She's about 9 1/2" tall now. Even if I don't get much of anything from her, which looks likely, she's been interesting to watch since she's so different. And my bubba kush was like that too except not as tiny... but just sat there and sat there until it finally kicked into gear.

Upstairs I still have 1 bub & 1 ag that I'm trying to root. Still nothing visible in the cups but I know they have some. If they don't die I'm going to turn them into mothers and do a second run. I'm going to pull an ak out of the flower room for the same purpose. I really didn't handle the whole clones to flower thing well at all, and I think it's going to kill my yield. So I'll have a plan B cooking.

Dang, if I end up at Plan E I feel good:grinjoint:

:peace:

Dang, if I end up at Plan E I feel good:grinjoint:

:high-five:

I'd like to do it just so I can see them cry:rofl:

I have the same meter and I love it! Never had any problems with it and have only calibrated it a few times. To be honest I don't even think it needed calibration:smokin:

Should I spring for $40 and buy all the solutions? I can buy the 10, 7 & 4 separately from the buyer I'm looking at, he's cheap and has free shipping. I think I'll feel better if I have all 3 but don't want to waste money, what do you guys say?

I would get all three everytime I think I'll pass on this for know a couple weeks later I end up buying it anyway.

Should I spring for $40 and buy all the solutions? I can buy the 10, 7 & 4 separately from the buyer I'm looking at, he's cheap and has free shipping. I think I'll feel better if I have all 3 but don't want to waste money, what do you guys say?

Hay BD, what's the 10 for? If it's storage solution, tap water works. Since you're only dealing with pHs around 7, you probably don't need the 4. I think I get 7 from my high priced gro store for about $7.

On the other hand, you could just come off of all that coin you've saved with the OC+ :)

One note, apparently distilled water is a no no for storage and/or cleaning. It is supposed to etch the glass bulb. It's always something :grinjoint:

Hay Horse I was wondering the same about the 10, but this is for many uses and I'm sure there are reasons people need to measure that high.

I think I'll just get the 4 and 7, I'll feel better knowing I have the range dialed in. I don't care about anything over 7. :tokin:

Hay Horse I was wondering the same about the 10, but this is for many uses and I'm sure there are reasons people need to measure that high.

I think I'll just get the 4 and 7, I'll feel better knowing I have the range dialed in. I don't care about anything over 7. :tokin:

So, you're not into diving or gymnastics? :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom