Hempy Upgrade

Good luck airavata, fingers crossed for you. I've had really good results just doing the exact opposite of what Sisco does or says to do. Just sayin....

Any day now but they can take up to 3 weeks.

That's good to know. This is my first attempt at clones if it wasn't obvious already. lol.

I think I took cuttings about a week before you, I'm just showing some good ones on 2/5. Do the cuttings have any color left?

That's good to hear, bro. I'm glad they're starting to come around for you. :)

Good luck airavata, fingers crossed for you. I've had really good results just doing the exact opposite of what Sisco does or says to do. Just sayin....

Thanks for the good vibes, Blue, I think they worked because as of today I have roots busting out of 4 of the 10 survivors' cubes! Woot!

Yeah, I did a couple things that ended up being big no-nos (left more leaves above cube and less exposed cambium in cube than I meant to, and had way too much light) but the cool thing about taking your f-ups to the limit is that you know exactly what you can and can't get away with next time. Plus, if I could get them to pull through under the conditions they did, my next attempt can't fail!

Anyway, I'll be putting them in mini hempys pretty soon. I'll post pics when I do. I still haven't figured out what to get for containers. I want to use grow bags but I can't find any without holes pre-punched in the bottom.

It's all about sharing bro! Great to hear you had some strong ones, they'll put up with a bunch.

I'd recommend you visit a dollar general etc. they have 1 and 2.5 gallon black buckets. That or something solid, bags and wet perlite may tip over easy imho. Take care and good luck brother.

Last night I transplanted my 5 clones that had pushed roots through rockwool into mini perlite hempys. I watered them with fox farm ph'd down to 6.2 with lemon juice. I meant to apply fertilizer at 1/4 strength but I realized after that the "grow big" soil formulation is about twice as concentrated as the hydro formulation so that ended up being applied at 1/2 strength. They don't seem to be any worse for the wear.

Here's last night....

DSCF3300.JPG

DSCF3298.JPG

And today

DSCF3302.JPG

DSCF3301.JPG

Thanks for pulling for me, guys. So I didn't have anything to pH my water down with for a while and watered the clones with RO water (about 7pH) a couple days ago. Well they didn't like that so I went and got some PH down. Hopefully they'll be OK.

Anyway, while I was at the hydro shop, I picked up a tds/ppm meter. After I pHd my water down, I mixed my nutrients according to the Fox Farm feeding schedule. Apparently, I don't understand the point of the tds meter at all. If I'm mixing the nutrients at the rate the chart says, shouldn't the ppm automatically be within the range the chart suggests also? They're suggesting over 1100 ppm. My water, pH down, fertilizer and all, was only 333 ppm. The runoff was about 650. So yeah, I'm confused.:hmmmm:

Yeah, I have no clue on the pens either. I think that there should be a thread to help with that. Maybe there is and I don't know about it.

I'll stick to my aquarium test kit, I've gotten the formula down using my well water and my FF nutes.

Hope you figure that thing out :grinjoint:

Subbed! I'm always down for another hempy grow.

Interested to see your thoughts on 100% perlite mini hempies. So far I'm not loving it, 2nd go around. Always get a huge mag deficiency..even though I'm supplementing.

You may have better luck with your liquid nutes..I'm using OC+ (DM red last time) and it takes a while for the nute release process to happen it seems..

I also use a bit of Grow Big in the beginning, but deficiencies still rear their ugly head.

GL, I'll be around.

:peace:

Marley I haven't had those problems but I make my mini-hempies with a lot of soil. And water often while they're seeking the res, 2x a day.

I think the soil makes the difference and that's why I'm contemplating coco as it will do basically the same thing.

I forget what do you use for your clones? Mine are always rockwool and they get super saturated when watering a lot which scares me.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom