Hermaphrodite plant!

toddtony

This is day 7 week one of flower on my first grow would like another set of eyes to determine if plant is going herm? Heard you can pick off pollen sacs if early enough
IMG_1690.jpeg
IMG_1689.jpeg

I thought those little curve things were pistils I see I was wrong I hope all 3 plants I’m growing don’t turn out. Male I’ve got one left …thanks all

are you growing regs ?

Yeah they’re just seeds that came out of some bud

they could be anything. if it's from hermie weed it could all be a disappointment.

if the last one turns out male probably just going to try my hands with autos from seedsman

if it's a first or an early try i would stick to femmed photos for the best chance at success. we can help you out if it's photos, autos don't always give us enough time to correct if an issue shows up.

Yeah they’re just seeds that came out of some bud if the last one turns out male probably just going to try my hands with autos from seedsman
Why not try the feminized seeds of any photo-period that sounds interesting. I would think that there is a much larger selection to look at, too., with those.

Like @bluter says, "...autos don't always give us enough time to correct if an issue shows up." The auto-flower learning curve is pretty steep judging by the many questions first time growers are posting about their problems.

they could be anything. if it's from hermie weed it could all be a disappointment.

if it's a first or an early try i would stick to femmed photos for the best chance at success. we can help you out if it's photos, autos don't always give us enough time to correct if an issue shows up.
I wanted my second grow to be femd photos but if this last plant grows balls might have to go autos I’m not financially stable enough to put all this money into growing while still buying buds to smoke ..In other words I need a quicker return on investment although I am enjoying the process lol

This is day 7 week one of flower on my first grow would like another set of eyes to determine if plant is going herm? Heard you can pick off pollen sacs if early enough
IMG_1690.jpeg
IMG_1689.jpeg
If anyone is still watching this…could anyone answer a couple questions or point me to something I can read up on…do weed plants naturally produce scents that I can best describe as an air freshener? And how do colas work? From what I’ve seen and read it looks like natural seeds just grow one big Christmas tree without training but autos from what I’ve read and seen just naturally grow multiple colas?

Cannabis definitely doesn't smell like air freshener, if you are concerned about the smell. I haven't grown autos but I'd assume they grow the same as photoperiod plants, unless you top and train them too.

oooo boy.. This is why I really despise prohibition. The information you’re getting is all over the place. That’s not a knock on you.. There is conflicting and vague information everywhere. However, you’ve come to the right place for the truth.

If money is an issue, you’re much better off going with fem photos. You can finish some photos in the same amount of time as an auto, with far less chance of failure. It does you no good to spend time and money on auto seeds just to stumble and either lose your harvest, or severely impact it. Autos require you understanding the plants basic needs and timelines so you can both prepare for and react to in a timely manner. If you screw up or stress an auto you can severely stunt it and ruin your grow before you even get off the ground.

Personally.. I don’t like fem seeds very much.. I would rather spend less money on regular seeds and plant extras. It’s a 50/50 chance you get a female, and most of us home growers see more of a 70/30 split. It’s thought that the less stressful a young plants life is, the more likely it’ll be female. This may just be anecdotal but most of us see a better ratio than 50/50

Cannabis plants produce a variety of scents during growth. Some are more common than others, however I don’t believe I’ve ever heard anyone compare it to an air freshener.

Colas are basically each branch of your plant that is going to produce buds. If you don’t top then the colas are your main stem and each axial branch off the main stem. If you top and train the colas will be the two branches off the main stem and any other branches you leave to grow. For a better understanding, everywhere you see a leaf grow, bud or a bud producing branch will grow from that spot.

Physically, Autos grow no differently than photoperiods naturally. Each plant will grow naturally like a Christmas tree unless you top the main stem and force growth hormones to go sideways. However.. even when the plants aren’t topped you still will have multiple colas. You will have the main stem which produces the largest cola, then every axial branch from the main stem will also be a smaller cola.

Without topping and training my plants average 20-24 colas.. No two colas are the same and they’re all slightly different with the main stem being the largest by far. Topped and trained I will have 8-16 colas but each one will receive an equal amount of resources so all will be similar in size. Figuring out which is right for you is usually dictated by the space and light you’re working with

If anyone is still watching this…could anyone answer a couple questions or point me to something I can read up on…do weed plants naturally produce scents that I can best describe as an air freshener? And how do colas work?
When you do go looking for information the #1 recommendation I can give is to begin search questions with Cannabis as the first word. Otherwise, most of the time will be spent getting rid of the "all over the place" info.

Example is "colas" which is a made up word but for Marijuana flower buds. To avoid having to read about Cost of Living Adjustment or soft drinks made by the Pepsi or Coca Cola companies use a search like this:

cannabis cola

For looking up about weed plant scents then try the example below since "cannabis scents" will give articles about marijuana infused perfumes.

cannabis smells

Why not try the feminized seeds of any photo-period that sounds interesting. I would think that there is a much larger selection to look at, too., with those.

Like @bluter says, "...autos don't always give us enough time to correct if an issue shows up." The auto-flower learning curve is pretty steep judging by the many questions first time growers are posting about their problems.
I tried twice growing Auto’s and both of those were stunted. They only grew Pygmy plants. Imo you’re better off with photos. CL🍀

Example is "colas" which is a made up word but for Marijuana flower buds. To avoid having to read about Cost of Living Adjustment or soft drinks made by the Pepsi or Coca Cola companies use a search like this:

This made me laugh because I definitely think of Cost Of Living Adjustments first when I hear cola.

Also, yes to cannabis. Cannabis is the proper term which will yield proper results. Using slang will likely land you in places trying to sell you something eventually.

I’ve actually started using the word cannabis in real life as opposed to weed. It feels childish to say weed to me for some reason.

I wanted my second grow to be femd photos but if this last plant grows balls might have to go autos I’m not financially stable enough to put all this money into growing while still buying buds to smoke ..In other words I need a quicker return on investment although I am enjoying the process lol

as pointed out already photo plants are the better investment for your needs. quick doesn't always translate to good and never results in plentiful.

you can give it a shot with autos, but you'll have to live with the possibility it doesn't work, leaving you with less than you have now, and a greater period of time needed to recover.

This made me laugh because I definitely think of Cost Of Living Adjustments first when I hear cola.

Also, yes to cannabis. Cannabis is the proper term which will yield proper results. Using slang will likely land you in places trying to sell you something eventually.

I’ve actually started using the word cannabis in real life as opposed to weed. It feels childish to say weed to me for some reason.
One of those quotes from the bible comes to mind....

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." Pretty sure similar quotes show up in other places.

How about the song from 1963, "Walk Like A Man" by Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons.

In other words, when we are 16 and no matter what we think will happen to us when we grow up, most of us do become our parents.

One of those quotes from the bible comes to mind....

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." Pretty sure similar quotes show up in other places.

How about the song from 1963, "Walk Like A Man" by Frankie Vali and the Four Seasons.

In other words, when we are 16 and no matter what we think will happen to us when we grow up, most of us do become our parents.

That’s pretty on the nose.. I can remember thinking it was cool to “smoke weed” and talk about “weed” when I was younger and how cool it would be to grow it in my own house. I was extremely self centered and only focused on me.

Nowadays, cool isn’t on my radar at all and I’m much more concerned with making sure the knowledge I spread is accurate so others don’t have to waste the time I’ve already wasted. I actively think about other people and try to make sure I can be a positive force for them.

Young me would think old me is really uncool for that 🤣

Back
Top Bottom