Hermaphrodites

misspiggy412

Ok I'm in last week.of flower...or so 63 days...well my lights got left on overnight...so I didnt put them.back.to sleep till that evening...well I started searching for hermie pods. Wtf do I do.now!? Hermies showing on.most developed buds. Also I took fan.leaves late some branches..could I have stressed it into hermi? My first grow..those are the buds pic is what i just pulled from.under bud.....so what should i do....i have clones going down there too.....

Attachments

• 20200720_095604.jpg
    20200720_095604.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 20200720_090018.jpg
    20200720_090018.jpg
    706.2 KB · Views: 75
See orange pistils on some of them, agree looks like swollen calyx's to me too. Last week of Flower just finish them even if you found hermies IMHO everyone worries about it to the point of paranoia, but those are just female parts that I see.

Oh my word...they look.like immature seed pods to me so if that is what a calyx looks like. I will research more. They are under tight to.bud under most mature flowers??

Oh my word...they look.like immature seed pods to me so if that is what a calyx looks like. I will research more. They are under tight to.bud under most mature flowers??
They are basically seed pods without seeds in them. Female plants make them and if they get pollenated a seed will grow inside them. If they don’t get pollenated they will swell up as the plant ages. It’s actually what you want and a sign the plant is maturing and almost ready for harvest.

It can be confusing, some books I’ve read even call them “false seed pods” when they get swollen because they look the same with or without a seed in them.

:passitleft:

Actually they are the most mature flowers on your plant. Those formed first, before the buds which are just clusters of those. When your plant is in it's last two weeks of flower the calyxes will try to swell to that same size. That's the swell which gives you density and weight.
I have a bunch of those on the plant I'm putting through light dep.

Edit: @DrDoob beat me to it, lol

Yaaaaayyy!!!! Thank you all ever so.much! My first grow. Sounds like I'm on the right track...too bad I pulled about 12 of those pods/ bracts... dang no one ever told me this hehe..Thanks again growers! Ever so much
You’re doing great for your first grow! Don’t even worry about those 12 you removed, there are thousands more they are actually what make up most of the buds.

:passitleft:

See orange pistils on some of them, agree looks like swollen calyx's to me too. Last week of Flower just finish them even if you found hermies IMHO everyone worries about it to the point of paranoia, but those are just female parts that I see.
Why do people freak out about hermie so badly? Its kinda gross the sheep mentality with growing isnt it? Crazy!

Why do people freak out about hermie so badly? Its kinda gross the sheep mentality with growing isnt it? Crazy!

Not everybody likes smoking seeds, or wants seeds in their product.

Back
Top Bottom