Hermaphrodites?

Love Xtra 23

420 Member
This is my second year growing. The first year I had some seeds given to me and thought, what the heck why not try growing? I had nice plants with good vegetation and ok buds but they were all full of seeds. From the photos I’ve looked at, none of the
D3DD0F7C-699F-428C-9945-E8B995EB2883.jpeg
D3DD0F7C-699F-428C-9945-E8B995EB2883.jpeg
CF99CAE9-4DA3-4461-8EE7-AE68EC23409F.jpeg
53AB3C5F-BAE8-43EF-AC86-F8A64E56AD89.jpeg
B89CE522-BBE5-49F1-8B78-8B18F63D38C6.jpeg
plants were males so they must have been hermaphrodites. This was fine as I used all of the products for edibles and salve so the seeds didn’t bother me.
This year I spent the money and purchased guaranteed feminized seeds from Growers Choice. I thought everything was great. I started the seeds inside them planted outside in a bed of organic soil from Build A Soil. The plants have grown fabulously with no problems. I didn’t even have any pest bugs. Now the plants have budded and are close to harvest and I notice the buds have seeds. What the heck? Are feminized seeds just a waste?

5057B8F2-F908-4FD0-9857-8578C690118C.jpeg

That and outdoors pollen can show up from quite a ways if someone else growing in the area. I just saw swollen calyx's by those pics, but don't appear to be seeds to me anyway.

I opened one of the “ and it has a hard round ball in it. I don’t see any plants in any neighbors yards and the field behind my house is corn.
Pollen can come in from literally miles away, albeit the farther the less flowers gets pollinated and be more spotty. But yeah in plants that big would be hard to spot any nanners if they threw them out.

Anything you can point out as to what I did wrong would be very helpful. Thanks
I don't think you did anything wrong (short of not performing some low stress training). I'm thinking it is the seed.
I have two plants growing in soil/pots that are very similar to yours, both were/are heavy CBD if that matters. Anyway there is no bud, just a lot of trics on the sugar leaves and plenty of pistols. I was thinking of trashing them at an early age, but never got up the nerve up.
One of the girls is still in soil, I cut the other one (an indica) several days ago and just today trimmed away as much junk as possible and she is now curing.
I'll tap into the weed in a few days to determine if I should keep or discard.
Spark up

Did you grow in the same place as last year? I would think maybe someone is using the cornfield to grow some sneaky plants and the males are there. Unless one of your plants turned hermaphrodite. That's unfortunate, they look like really nice plants.

Did you grow in the same place as last year? I would think maybe someone is using the cornfield to grow some sneaky plants and the males are there. Unless one of your plants turned hermaphrodite. That's unfortunate, they look like really nice plants.
I grew in the same yard just a different spot in the yard. I think the short end plant, 9 Pound Hammer, hermied on me. It looked like it had balls but there were fine hairs coming out the end so that along with the “guaranteed feminized seeds” I ignored it. I didn’t realize it took so very little to turn a plant into a hermaphrodite.

I grew in the same yard just a different spot in the yard. I think the short end plant, 9 Pound Hammer, hermied on me. It looked like it had balls but there were fine hairs coming out the end so that along with the “guaranteed feminized seeds” I ignored it. I didn’t realize it took so very little to turn a plant into a hermaphrodite.
Guaranteed to be a girl is different than guaranteed not to gender-bender on ya. Good genetics from these seed banks are solid, but sometimes perceived stress by these plants and they go into ‘I gotta save the species’ mode. Almost every time I overpack a grow area I find a nanner or two at the end, so I TRY not to do that but there is always so much that wants to go in that 4x4 space! And I never grow random seeds - always fem and always from a seedbank I trust. The few times I broke that rule I regretted it.

They did get pretty bushy. I didn’t see any nanners but I did see “balls “ on the short bush on the left. What I thought were balls had hairs out the end so I thought I was safe, and they were all supposed to be girls.
Not balls in your pics. No seed either that I can see. Those what you see look like balls are calyx that are attached close to the stem. These are the first part of the plant to mature for a female.

Oh and fem seeds can grow male parts... its pretty common. The only way tho to seed your whole plant wood be from a male plant like say maybe a neighbor??

Not balls in your pics. No seed either that I can see. Those what you see look like balls are calyx that are attached close to the stem. These are the first part of the plant to mature for a female.

Oh and fem seeds can grow male parts... its pretty common. The only way tho to seed your whole plant wood be from a male plant like say maybe a neighbor??

These are not balls?

Back
Top Bottom