Hermie seeds

Anoobis

Hi All. I've seen people say that seeds from Hermie's are as good as bird seed. What exactly do you get from them? Just more random Hermie's? Or do you get a carbon clone of the parent? Thanks

Depends what kind of hermies caused the seeds. I’ve never saved the seeds created by a true hermie with pollen sacks.
A female that has nanners will get you seeds that only grow females though. I saved a half pound at one point and did a bunch of grows with them. The plants would all start showing nanners two thirds of the way through flowering, but if I picked most of them off I only got a few seeds.

The plant itself produced decent buds. There was only the occasional ball sack that emerged halfway through flowering, one seed each bud so far. Not chock full of seeds. I would consider using the seeds if they came out just like the original.

Nothing wrong with growing out hermies,especially if you know what to watch out for-if you can keep the nanners plucked off before they drop their pollen,you should be able to grow a nice plant.
There's a chance the pollen won't even be viable,but I'd pluck them off just to be reasonably sure
you don't end up with a crapload of seeds,in case it is viable

Back
Top Bottom