Hi Again

The Dawgg

So a little about me first off i got my Zoom Text fixed so it types lower case letters now. I had to pay the tech to do it due to my eye problem. Also i was in a car accident and have TBI so at times i make no sense of what i try to say.
I start grow for help with my medical conditions from crash. I think i am no good at grow cause plants in fox farm do bad. Would ph be problem it was at under 6.0 on my fish tank test kit. I buy better ph tool today. then i am transplant in big pots and water with better water. i think its the water because grow good until last water then they stalled at grow

Welcome Dawgg, TBI sucks! I wish the best for you. Keep the journal going so we can watch as things progress. It's hard to say what happened before, I think foxfarm buffers their soil so you don't need to ph. Look it up though.
I know you have better days than others brainwise so keep informing us the best you can on those days. No sweat. Any pics of the new grow? Also the old one.
To make a grow journal I go to :
Grow
Grow journals
Journals in Progress
Where it says Thread Title is where it begins.

Welcome Dawgg, TBI sucks! I wish the best for you. Keep the journal going so we can watch as things progress. It's hard to say what happened before, I think foxfarm buffers their soil so you don't need to ph. Look it up though.
I know you have better days than others brainwise so keep informing us the best you can on those days. No sweat. Any pics of the new grow? Also the old one.
To make a grow journal I go to :
Grow
Grow journals
Journals in Progress
Where it says Thread Title is where it begins.
I get pictures when wife home. I post here or new post place

Welcome to the forum @The Dawgg
fox farm does not need to be phed.
If you are trying to grow from seed in foxfarm you should know that it needs to be mixed with some other type of soil until the seedling stage is over. There are planty of members here that use foxfarm. I'd suggest taking a look at the journal section.

your fish tank water can be used depending on what the ppm or ec levels are at the stage of the plant.

If you are trying to grow from seed in foxfarm you should know that it needs to be mixed with some other type of soil until the seedling stage is over. There are planty of members here that use foxfarm. I'd suggest taking a look at the journal section.

your fish tank water can be used depending on what the ppm or ec levels are at the stage of the plant.
I no use fish tank water just tester for ph. I later make post in other section with pictures. wife help me type understand me. Then i hope for much help.

i understand you now. You dnt have to worry about ph and your fish tank tester kit is fine for checking the ph level. I used to do that before i bought a pen. Just because it was simpler but that was it.

Easy way is put your seed in a grow plug & put the plug in the soil in a 1 gallon pot.

Welcome Dawgg.
They say you don't have to pH with soil because the lime in it buffers it for you. Myself, I still pH my nutes. With Fox Farms soil you don't use any nutrients for at least 3 weeks. The proper pH for soil is 6.2 - 6.8 I believe; but 6.3 / 6.4 is the best for nute absorption.
A lot of people also say there's no need to flush before harvest. True ... it's not mandatory. But I found the smoke I flushed is much smoother. So I guess I still prefer the old school methods of doing things.

i'm actually still debating if i should or not with the upcoming harvest. I fully understand both concepts and kinda agree with both. lol! i guess it comes to preference.

Welcome Dawgg.
They say you don't have to pH with soil because the lime in it buffers it for you. Myself, I still pH my nutes. With Fox Farms soil you don't use any nutrients for at least 3 weeks. The proper pH for soil is 6.2 - 6.8 I believe; but 6.3 / 6.4 is the best for nute absorption.
A lot of people also say there's no need to flush before harvest. True ... it's not mandatory. But I found the smoke I flushed is much smoother. So I guess I still prefer the old school methods of doing things.
I wife added in FAQ with pictures help me! and question PH adjust water tap over 8.0 and i adjust 1 time under 6.0 mistake 6.0 i try for 6.4 to 6.8 adjust water

Welcome back @The Dawgg :welcome:
So a little about me first off i got my Zoom Text fixed so it types lower case letters now. I had to pay the tech to do it due to my eye problem. Also i was in a car accident and have TBI so at times i make no sense of what i try to say.
I start grow for help with my medical conditions from crash. I think i am no good at grow cause plants in fox farm do bad. Would ph be problem it was at under 6.0 on my fish tank test kit. I buy better ph tool today. then i am transplant in big pots and water with better water. i think its the water because grow good until last water then they stalled at grow
The only way a plant will do bad in Fox Farms is...1) you're over watering it...2) what you're feeding it...like...fish tank water, my dogs drink from the toilet, but not before I flush it :thedoubletake: 3) or a combination of 1 and 2...I've been using it for years, with my tap water to feed them, but I also used the fox farm nutrients, and didn't PH anything

It would be different if you put fish tank water into a compost pile, where the "fish waste" would have a chance to break down with some compost for 2 or 3 years. Straight waste from anything is too strong for your plants...

Welcome back @The Dawgg :welcome:

The only way a plant will do bad in Fox Farms is...1) you're over watering it...2) what you're feeding it...like...fish tank water, my dogs drink from the toilet, but not before I flush it :thedoubletake: 3) or a combination of 1 and 2...I've been using it for years, with my tap water to feed them, but I also used the fox farm nutrients, and didn't PH anything

It would be different if you put fish tank water into a compost pile, where the "fish waste" would have a chance to break down with some compost for 2 or 3 years. Straight waste from anything is too strong for your plants...
So straight tap water after it sits then it is. I knew it was me not the plant

So straight tap water after it sits then it is. I knew it was me not the plant
I let mine sit for 24 hrs, but 12 to 14 will work, just so it doesn't smell like "pool water" (chlorine)...and don't forget to let the soil dry out, the roots will "dampen off" (root rot) if they remain wet...this is the number one killer for noobs, over watering!
And...I PH nothing in fox farms soil :thumb:

Those are sweet and i already do the 24 hour sit and i just tested tap water with pen its only 7.19 so i am doing what you do. I think i was reading to much about water specs
Thanks a ton
Thanks Dawg :passitleft: ...and water specs are important :hmmmm: if you don't have a self buffering soil like Fox Farms, or if you're in organics, neither need to be PHed :thumb:

i'm actually still debating if i should or not with the upcoming harvest. I fully understand both concepts and kinda agree with both. lol! i guess it comes to preference.
My thoughts exactly. Just seems harsher & I cough some with the weed that's not flushed. But the flushed stuff is nice & smooth.

I will test this with the current plants. I will flush two plants and not the other two. See the difference.

Back
Top Bottom