Hi from Canada: complete newb coming on board!

OLAK

420 Member
Been about 40 yrs since my brother and I hacked around growing some weed. Now its legal in Canada, I decided I need a hobby :)
Have just recd the 2x4 grow tent I ordered, and the Light system I wanted. Just need those seed I ordered to show up!!!. maybe tomorrow!
Quick question: what sized containers should I use ( for soil growing)? I have easy access to lots of 5 gallon pails at work, as well as 2.5 Gallon ones. Which might be more suitable?

Welcome to 420,OLAK
Good to have you with us...Growing is a great hobby-I enjoy growing almost as much as I enjoy
smoking...there's something extremely satisfying about smoking some good weed that you grew yourself...

Welcome Olak, either will work it will depend on how many plants you choose to run. 2x 5 gallon would work well or 3-4 of the 2.5’s
I think that the questikn would be are 2.5 gal too small. The foot print is the same but filling up the big ones would make them pretty heavy. And Im weak lol. I think Ill go with the smaller ones to start

:welcome: yo :420: OLAK:passitleft:...don't forget to drill lots of holes in the bottoms of those containers...I use 5gal buckets myself they work great and are only 3 bucks at Home Depot or Lowes or Wally World...if you're going to use them from work o_O I would soak them in hot bleach water and scrub 'em good :thumb:

I think that the questikn would be are 2.5 gal too small. The foot print is the same but filling up the big ones would make them pretty heavy. And Im weak lol. I think Ill go with the smaller ones to start
Start them in solo cups and don't up pot till they want water every other day...then move to a gallon pot and repeat...then move to 2.5gal when you're ready to flower...that way you have plenty of room for your roots and they don't get too heavy for you...just my 2 cents :goodluck:

I think Ill go with the smaller ones to start

I go with three gallon because I don't want to lug around the 5's-that kind of weight is for the
youngsters,and I'm pretty far from that..

Been about 40 yrs since my brother and I hacked around growing some weed. Now its legal in Canada, I decided I need a hobby :)
Have just recd the 2x4 grow tent I ordered, and the Light system I wanted. Just need those seed I ordered to show up!!!. maybe tomorrow!
Quick question: what sized containers should I use ( for soil growing)? I have easy access to lots of 5 gallon pails at work, as well as 2.5 Gallon ones. Which might be more suitable?

:cheer: Welcome to the forum @OLAK! :cheer:

When you reach 50 posts,you'll be able to vote in our monthly contests for the best plant, nug, and member. It will also allow you to start sending PMs.

Be sure to check out our sponsors too. They have contests for cool stuff on this site from time to time.

@OLAK , have you got yourself a grow journal started yet?

images.png

Back
Top Bottom