Hi From The UK

MidgeSmith

420 Member
Hey, hope everyone is going along well. I'm a small scale UK grower for personal use, medicinal and recreational purposes. I've been growing on and off (mostly off unfortunately) for 27 years.

I've just finished a crop of Skunk #1, Cheddar #1 and Chemdog. Before that - in reverse chronological order, it was Sour Diesel Auto, Chocolate Mint OG Auto, Royal Dwarf, Green-O-Matic, Frisian Duck, Auto Duck, Sweet Tooth Auto, Red Beard Sensi and Early Pearl.

I love both up and down strains, Sativa and Indica, Hybrids, photos and autos.

See you all around :)

Hey, hope everyone is going along well. I'm a small scale UK grower for personal use, medicinal and recreational purposes. I've been growing on and off (mostly off unfortunately) for 27 years.

I've just finished a crop of Skunk #1, Cheddar #1 and Chemdog. Before that - in reverse chronological order, it was Sour Diesel Auto, Chocolate Mint OG Auto, Royal Dwarf, Green-O-Matic, Frisian Duck, Auto Duck, Sweet Tooth Auto, Red Beard Sensi and Early Pearl.

Hey @MidgeSmith hope you are well my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
Sounds like your having fun in the garden. :thumb:
Got a couple pics?
Take care.

#Vivosun #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Welcome to 420Magazine mate :)

Sounds interesting and I love your choice of strains, look forward to seeing some of them :yummy:

Sounds like your having fun in the garden. :thumb:
Got a couple pics?

Sure :) There's a few snaps of the end of the recent Chemdog, Skunk #1 & Cheddar #1 crop, the buds drying, a little hash made from the trimming process, a 'cob' which is a work in progress and a couple of the buds drying before they were jarred up :)

20221223_232330.JPG

20221223_232339.jpg

20221223_232343.jpg

20221231_000143.jpg

20230105_225912.jpg

20230106_114824.jpg

P1120365.JPG

Sure :) There's a few snaps of the end of the recent Chemdog, Skunk #1 & Cheddar #1 crop, the buds drying, a little hash made from the trimming process, a 'cob' which is a work in progress and a couple of the buds drying before they were jarred up :)

20221223_232330.JPG

20221223_232339.jpg

20221223_232343.jpg

20221231_000143.jpg

20230105_225912.jpg

20230106_114824.jpg

P1120365.JPG
Beautiful, excellent work my friend.:yahoo:
I see you use air pots, my favorite.
You like soil or coco?

Thanks man :)
I'm all organic in soil at the moment. I used EcoThrive's Ecolife soil with Charge and Biosys, which is basically a gentle supersoil, with a ton of mycorhyzzal etc. support. I also augment the grow nutrients with Biobizz Grow, Bloom, Heaven, Top-Max & Calmag (essential for me it seems due to my very soft water). I will be using Fish-Mix for the Veg period in place of Grow next crop.

However I have enough in store now to keep me going for 12 months. Due to the forthcoming increases in energy pricing I decided to make sure I had enough in store and then wait-up for the next one.

It sucks, because growing cannabis is 100% my favourite hobby, but you know, it makes sense to not have silly amounts in stock when the law is an ass still, where I live at least...

Thanks man :)
I'm all organic in soil at the moment. I used EcoThrive's Ecolife soil with Charge and Biosys, which is basically a gentle supersoil, with a ton of mycorhyzzal etc. support. I also augment the grow nutrients with Biobizz Grow, Bloom, Heaven, Top-Max & Calmag (essential for me it seems due to my very soft water). I will be using Fish-Mix for the Veg period in place of Grow next crop.

However I have enough in store now to keep me going for 12 months. Due to the forthcoming increases in energy usage I decided to make sure I had enough in store and then wait-up for the next one.

It sucks, because growing cannabis is 100% my favourite hobby, but you know, it makes sense to not have silly amounts in sock when the law is an ass still, where I live at least...
Too bad they are still giving people a hard time there. :rolleyes:
Be careful, don't want anything happening to you.
I've had good results with Bokashi & insect Frass in my air pots.
Really helps feed and care for the roots.
Stay safe my friend.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @MidgeSmith

You have a beautiful looking garden there.
How do you make your own soil?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hi,

thanks for the warm welcome and kind words all of you.

I'm far from expert, but I've had some good guidance so far and I hope to gain more knowledge here. If I can help anyone else in the process that's a very welcome bonus!

@Tokin Roll I don't really make my own soil now as I tried twice and didn't have great results. I've proven not as good at that as the experts and my grow is small, so buying it in seems fairly effective. I buy Ecothrive's Ecolife living / super soil and augment it. I've re-used it for 2 grows so far and will keep doing so for the next couple of years at least. As long as you use a pack of microbial recharging stuff and the food they like, it seems the soil can go on for a long time. Like notill but a bit less natural :)

Back
Top Bottom