Hi guys

Welcome @DmaD you've landed at the right spot to sort this out! There's about a endless amount of ways to cure weed, just like there's about endless amount of ways to grow it and use it! I'm a get the job done as good a I can for as little as I can guy. No fancy humidity packs and bud dryers. Here's my recipe, it seems to work just fine:

1) I chop them, hang the stems on a rack for 10-14 days. I know to go to the next step when the buds just start to crack off the stems when i fold them the opposite direction they are hanging.

2) Cut off stems, transfer to jars.

3) Open jars once a day every day and give them a good sniff, breath back in for a touch of moisture and co2, reseal.

4) Wait, smoke, wait, smoke, refill jar when empty!

That easy!

Welcome! I too could learn a thing or two about drying and curing. I jumped the gun a bit to jar and had one or two buds get mold. Threw those out and aired the rest out on cardboard before putting them back. Seemed to help this time. I didn't use hydrometer or the humidity packs though. Maybe next time. What are your areas of concern?

For what it's worth, I think one of the contributing factors to the mold may have been packing the buds in too tight. When I re jarred, I used an additional jar to give the buds a little more elbow room. This is just speculation on my part though

For what it's worth, I think one of the contributing factors to the mold may have been packing the buds in too tight. When I re jarred, I used an additional jar to give the buds a little more elbow room. This is just speculation on my part though

EDIT:

2) Cut off stems, transfer to jars 1/2 - 2/3 full

3) Shake vigorously and open jars once a day every day and give them a good sniff, breath back in for a touch of moisture and co2, reseal.

I forgot this! Thanks Modest grower!

Hello and welcome! :ciao:
Take your time with the cure. Can't say it enough. Time and patience will get you the taste and effect you are looking for. Growing good buds is just the start. Gotta try the cannacoco oil, gotta try dust and that whole Malawi cob cure looks interesting as well. Stay safe and stay stoned! :volcano-smiley::ciao::yahoo:

Found these in the closet a month ago. Afghani was still sticky and smelly, AK-47 was a bit drier. Put some fan leaves in overnite and bingo.
20200316_173129.jpg

Back
Top Bottom