Hi I’m new here! Starting my second round of auto flower looking for lighting information and tips

Saragabrielle

420 Member
My tent is a tiny one, 2x2x4. I’m going to try the sea of green method this time and create a canopy. My grow tent came with one 300watt LED light. I’m thinking about buying another of the same and having 2 so it’s equal lightning all around for the canopy. Is this enough ? Should I consider buying 2 stronger lights ? The last round I just finished I did 4 short plants which fit find but my yield was not amazing and I’m thinking my lightning wasn’t enough. The flower however was super good! So I am looking to tweek it and improve yield and bud density this time.

Gunna be a challenge with that light

Pot 8-10"
Light distance 18-24"
Light itself 8"

Didn't leave much room for a plant

In that space I'd say try a T5 setup, the led needs too much space

This was my last setup with the 300 watt led

Attachments

• 6C21831D-8CCB-4ADB-A6BF-687855115D00.jpeg
    6C21831D-8CCB-4ADB-A6BF-687855115D00.jpeg
    654.1 KB · Views: 132
  • 5EA87388-14BD-4B25-81B1-BE71C307A6D2.jpeg
    5EA87388-14BD-4B25-81B1-BE71C307A6D2.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 13A91F1D-5413-4FF6-ABB2-EAEAADF15CF5.jpeg
    13A91F1D-5413-4FF6-ABB2-EAEAADF15CF5.jpeg
    621.2 KB · Views: 122
Welcome to 420,Sara!
Good to have you with us!
Your last grow looks pretty good,twice the light would make your grow space work even better,
Just buy another one like the existing one.

Since you're limited as far as headroom is concerned,you should research LST (low stress training)to spread them out and keep them shorter-fill in that wasted space between the plants.

From now on,could you take the pics in regular light? Hard to really see much in the blurple light...

They are harvested now ! Just waiting on my seed order to start up another round. I was thinking of doing more plants on 1 large tray I will post a pic of what I am thinking ... will this work with a second light ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    688.9 KB · Views: 112
Well,there sure won't be any wasted space!
Yeah,it looks like it should work pretty well-going to get
a bit tight in there,especially if your plants do well...and judging by your last grow,they will!

Is it okay if it gets tight ? I wa hoping they would create a canopy and then I would trim underneath . Last grow I ended up with a these tiny buds on lower branches so I’m hoping this way the plants focus on their big top main buds... last time I topped them without realizing I shouldn’t ‍♀️

Hello Saragabrielle

I myself is a new grower and as you stated you're thinking about buying another 300W led for your grow tent, I would personally place a singular 300W led at around 18 to 24 inches and with another one which will make it 600W I will make it around 30 to 35 inches away from early seedling :)

It being tight in there is fine,it'll just make it a bit harder to work on them,especially if they get very wide.

If you top them,you'll end up with a minimum of 4 main colas,possibly 6-or 8 if you FIM them correctly.

If you LST them,you can get up to and beyond 24 tops,but for LST you'd need more width in there than you're going to have,with that many plants.

With twice the light,they're going to outgrow the room if you don't do some kind of height management on them.
Whatever you decide to do they'll probably do fine-You seem to have some skills at this:goodluck:

Your tent is the limitation. Only 4 feet tall? Your plants look good. I wouldn't put high wattage in a little tent. You would have heat issues.

I have a 3' by 3' by 5'10" tent and l wish it were all the way to the ceiling. Like a 4' by 8' by 7' high or so.

That’s why I have only been buying auto flower seeds cause they seem to stay short this tiny tent setup wa as Christmas present so I could try growing inside and see how I did we will upgrade eventually

Back
Top Bottom