Beginner searching for a good low cost LED light for 2x2x4 grow tent

Tigre

420 Member
Hello 420 friends! I’m new to the growing world and in the process of searching for a LED light for my 2x2x4 growing tent. I found one, a 300W with a built in timer and draws a true 135 watts from the wall. I liked it because you just set it and let it go and has a dimmer. My only concern is this light gonna give me a good yield considering I’m using auto flowering seeds. I’m growing in a clean crawl space and could use a little heat from a LED light. Also gonna use an exhaust fan. Plus all the other goodies to make a a good grow! Thanks the Tigre!

:welcome:

Thanks for the info Stonetter! Do you like Viparspectra LED. I was thinking maybe a Viparspectra 450w full spectrum with no timer,just thought it was cool the other one had it built in. Never thought about the timer breaking and the Led is done. Thanks for that part!.. I just wanted the best yield for my space using Auto flowering seeds. Especially with the time and money for power. So I’m looking for a 200 watt out of the wall.. no more! I will definitely look into the Mars Hydro! I want to grow two plants at a time. What’s your opinion on 3g or 5 gallon smart pots. I’m gonna train the plants and cut at the 3rd node. Thanks! 2x2x4 tent again.

light might be one of the things you don't want to cheap out on. However, there are affordable led lights out there that also have a good result. I agree with @Enr0n and @stoneotter as i also have the mars hydro but the ts1000 for my 2x2 tent and i've got 4 plants under it

Thanks for the info Stonetter! Do you like Viparspectra LED. I was thinking maybe a Viparspectra 450w full spectrum with no timer,just thought it was cool the other one had it built in. Never thought about the timer breaking and the Led is done. Thanks for that part!.. I just wanted the best yield for my space using Auto flowering seeds. Especially with the time and money for power. So I’m looking for a 200 watt out of the wall.. no more! I will definitely look into the Mars Hydro! I want to grow two plants at a time. What’s your opinion on 3g or 5 gallon smart pots. I’m gonna train the plants and cut at the 3rd node. Thanks! 2x2x4 tent again.
Hey Tigre, I couldn't say about viparspectra not having run one. I run Mars Hydro in one grow and love it. It's reliable, reasonable, full spectrum light, and my plants love it. It's a tsw2000 for a 3 foot square foot print.

I grow in living organic soil. I think an auto I'd go with the 3 gal smarts if it were me. Will 4, 5 gal's fit in the 4 x 2?

Get physical dimensions on the containers you plan to use and see which one fit your tent. Then IMHO get the biggest you can to go in there. I have a room dedicated so I don't use a tent.

There are plenty of journals out there to browse upon to get an idea for set up, lighting, training etc...

Welcome to the forum @Tigre :welcome:

Hello 420 friends! I’m new to the growing world and in the process of searching for a LED light for my 2x2x4 growing tent. I found one, a Viparspectra VT 300 with a built in timer and draws a true 135 watts from the wall. I liked it because you just set it and let it go and has a dimmer. My only concern is this light gonna give me a good yield considering I’m using auto flowering seeds. I’m growing in a clean crawl space and could use a little heat from a LED light. Also gonna use an exhaust fan. Plus all the other goodies to make a a good grow! Thanks the Tigre!
Mars Hydro is the best bang for your buck when it comes to LEDs :thumb: BUT, if you need extra heat, I would recommend an HID

mars is the first cheap light to look at. not bad stuff, you'll be buying others if you go that way. average sauce. @Budget LED, @NextLight, and the new @PhotonTek Lighting products are all good fixtures i would look at. any of them should last well past an average mars based on build. @Budget LED probably builds the most accessible light at that level of quality.

Back
Top Bottom