Hi! New grower here

You won't need the fert for at least 3-4 weeks, and then every other waterings (or whatever they recommend). Unless you have very nutrient rich soil, I would make it 50% soil and 50% perlite/vermiculite/coir/etc.
I was actually wondering about that! I've moved one plant outside already, and 6 more going out this week. Since I had trenched out all my shitty soil and filled the trenches with potting mix; I assumed I should treat it like an indoor potted plant. I'm gonna dial back any feedings for awhile. Thanks

Sorry I highjacked the thread for a min there @DragonsFire... and :welcome:
-P

If you want to get that outside soil up to speed, a couple bucket full of dried cow patties will do the trick. Cows are dome of the best composters ever!

Done :)
The scraps etc go directly in the garden, tilled it up last week and looking good. been in new place for 10 months now and the ground hadn't been used in many years, house 100 years old, could actually use my garden soil but for now use the sterilized stuff.
Scraps go into the ground for composting or in/among plants? We do a lot of "layer composting" which is essentially throwing it all on the field and letting it rot (same way leaves decompose in the forest). If the soil hasn't been used it will be SUPER fertile..unless there is nothing growing there now (like grass weeds etc). Maybe try straight soil mix and 50/50 soil mix and ground soil? If you are also going into the ground make sure at least 18" down is loosened (with a fork or shovel).

scraps been on top since 9 months acumulating, tilled in last week. I will be doing indoor grow due to neighbourhood, unless I can hide the small plant for a wile amongst the veg grow, hot peppers would give them cover.
Cool, I love layer composting...easy. Still, you can probably use some of that soil in addition to your bag soil and click up to a larger pot...there is a huge difference between a 5 and 10 gallon pot....more soil = more nutrients = more water retention = healthier/happier/cooler roots = better yield.

SO they like big pots, so how big do they need to be to upgrade the size? have it in one of those growing racks for veg with adjustable hood with lights. Figure the auto watering system works till their 5" or so and then but them in 6" pots.
Let them grow out 2-3 nodes (or a dozen or more leaves) and then you can transplant to their bigger pot....about 7-10 days more.

Ok, hope the other ones catch up. Any problems add a bit of peroxide to the water to enrich the oxygen supply?
Don't overthink it...plant them all when you are ready...if some are bigger than others, no biggie. Just make sure the smallest has 12+ leaves...this shows you their roots are well developed and the leaves can support the shock of the transplant (which is normal). I'd lay off adding anything but water and adoration....:hug:

Cool, I love layer composting...easy. Still, you can probably use some of that soil in addition to your bag soil and click up to a larger pot...there is a huge difference between a 5 and 10 gallon pot....more soil = more nutrients = more water retention = healthier/happier/cooler roots = better yield.
Welcome Dragon!
Hi, I'm a newbie also and read all this awesome information. I just noticed this post and started my WWA in FF ocean. Using a M-H reflector 96 in M-H 28x28x5' tent.
I germinated and put into the soil last 6-21 using 6" pots. Waiting for my light and tent to come I had to put outside in overcast weather until Monday night 6-25. Because of walking them inside and out it was too much to plant into the 7 1/2 gal. cloth pots I plan to grow them in.
My question is how much longer until I have or should transplant? For heat control I would like to put them outside during the day as much as possible.
Pictures posted 6-27.
IMG_20180629_080534751_HDR.jpg

Trio in tent this morning 6-27. Getting ready to go outside for the day. I'm doing the 18/6 schedule of lighting.
IMG_20180629_080343359_HDR.jpg

Humidity is my enemy at times, no A/C!
OUCH!
Tent is vented out a window with 6", plus a box fan blowing in bottom vent.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

John

PS, To Dragon, I couldn't afford my medical cannabis, so I had to do it the same way.
Good for you, Brother.

IMG_20180629_081310806.jpg

welcome this place is full of tones and tones of great information and even more so the friendly people who are always willing to help along the way. look forward to seeing your grow journal.

welcome this place is full of tones and tones of great information and even more so the friendly people who are always willing to help along the way. look forward to seeing your grow journal.
I kinda have started a grow journal, it's under

"Hi everyone from Northern Minnesota"

Back
Top Bottom