Hi urgent help and wondering what steps I missed

minimee1108

420 Member
Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 9.50.56 PM.png
These are the same babies that I've had since seed its been about 17 weeks now and they have gotten a lot stronger and bigger. The plant on the right seems to be doing fine but also starting to gain black tips on the leaves. plant on the left seems to be having trouble and some issues. I use cal-mag and have been for the past weeks since vegetation started and I'm wondering how can I improve this. Today is watering day for babies.

whats going on ?
don't panic. they don't look like they are crashing or unsaveable.

tell us what you going for : light / nutes / environment / media / feed schedule / bucket size etc etc

we can't really help without the background info.

whats going on ?
don't panic. they don't look like they are crashing or unsaveable.

tell us what you going for : light / nutes / environment / media / feed schedule / bucket size etc etc

we can't really help without the background info.
So the plant on the left has been doing the yellowing of the leaves then dying for quite a while I'm not sure if its because there isn't enough nutrients or the ph or lighting. from my previous post, I've been using a light that has three light settings on it. The soil I use is Fox Farm ocean soil and the plant on the right has been doing great. Both have regular feeding schedules and are given the same amount of treatment and love. The humidity ranges from 40-70 % and i use regular tap water and I don't Ph the water. I know that seeds have different genetics and act different ways to certain things. However the plant that has been having the yellowing problem has also been the faster grower. Im not sure what bucket size the pots are in but most likely over a gallon

If you are in 1 gal. pots that could be your whole problem. They may be root bound. They look hungry to me & using up the nutrients from the leaves to get what they need. You could try increasing nute strength; but if they are root bound it wont help a lot. If they were my plants I'd up-pot to a 3 or 5 gal. & feed a little stronger.

Agree they are most likely root bound. Up pot the girls and feed full strength. I get the same yellow and dying tips from plants being rootbound. hope they recover, they should do.
hey guys im surprised this might be the problem because before the transplant it was making the same damages to its self and the roots looked healthy ill get back to you about the pot size and the correct amount it holds.

hey guys im surprised this might be the problem because before the transplant it was making the same damages to its self and the roots looked healthy ill get back to you about the pot size and the correct amount it holds.
Hello @minimee1108 great screen name.
When you up pot your ladies make sure you get them onto the proper feed schedule.
Full strength for what ever week they are on.
Calmag in your water first.
Wait a few minutes then add nutrients, it's important.
Your in soil right? So ph should be 6.3.
Alternate plain water between feedings and let them dry right out in between.
Don't take off anymore leaves. :Namaste:
If they die and fall off fine.
Otherwise let them be.
They need them for energy.
Let us know how it goes.

Stay safe
Bill

as above they'll require a 5 gallon bucket

as above they'll require a 5 gallon bucketIts
Hello @minimee1108 great screen name.
When you up pot your ladies make sure you get them onto the proper feed schedule.
Full strength for what ever week they are on.
Calmag in your water first.
Wait a few minutes then add nutrients, it's important.
Your in soil right? So ph should be 6.3.
Alternate plain water between feedings and let them dry right out in between.
Don't take off anymore leaves. :Namaste:
If they die and fall off fine.
Otherwise let them be.
They need them for energy.
Let us know how it goes.

Stay safe
Bill
Its a 5 gallon

If you are in 1 gal. pots that could be your whole problem. They may be root bound. They look hungry to me & using up the nutrients from the leaves to get what they need. You could try increasing nute strength; but if they are root bound it wont help a lot. If they were my plants I'd up-pot to a 3 or 5 gal. & feed a little stronger.
Im using a 5 gallon
im using a 5 g

what are you using for nutes ? what strength are you at ?

fox farm gets depleted and requires nutes to get the plant to finish.

what are you using for nutes ? what strength are you at ?

fox farm gets depleted and requires nutes to get the plant to finish.
That would of been my next question; along with, what is the pH of your nutes when you feed ?
It looks like an "N" def. to me which most likely means too weak of nutrients; since the pot size is big enough.
So most likely not root bound. Only leaves pH (lockout)... doubtful.
Or, too weak of nutes. Most likely. (IMO)

That would of been my next question; along with, what is the pH of your nutes when you feed ?
It looks like an "N" def. to me which most likely means too weak of nutrients; since the pot size is big enough.
So most likely not root bound. Only leaves pH (lockout)... doubtful.
Or, too weak of nutes. Most likely. (IMO)
what nutes should i be using

what nutes should i be using

you need some proper cannabis nutes.

fox farm has a line of nutes they normally recommend buying with the soil as a complete package. you could search for those, or have a look at our sponors offerings, and enjoy the savings you get with a board member's discount.

there are loads of nutes that folk have had a lot of success with they could recommend. there are several users currently using prescription blend, and a number that use geo-flora just as examples. i personally use mega crop which is not a sponsor nute.

you need some proper cannabis nutes.

fox farm has a line of nutes they normally recommend buying with the soil as a complete package. you could search for those, or have a look at our sponors offerings, and enjoy the savings you get with a board member's discount.

there are loads of nutes that folk have had a lot of success with they could recommend. there are several users currently using prescription blend, and a number that use geo-flora just as examples. i personally use mega crop which is not a sponsor nute.
I use the same as you (MC) but I add Nitrogen & Silica.

Back
Top Bottom