HighUpNorth’s Soil Durban Grow Journal 2018

Give her light feedings, I'd let her grow out a bit before continuing the mainline. You could maybe flux her but it would take a couple of months of training to pull it off. I would let the 2 tops grow out a but and then top each arm. Then train the new tops by spreading them out. But that's just me thinking.

Alright, will start feeding at maybe half recommended dose then.
As such time isn't so much an issue for me, if I'm mainlining I might still go for 8 tops, the same I'd go for if fluxing. Would fluxing still take a lot longer? Should I also scrog if I do one or the other or is that unnecessary/defeating the purpose?

She should be fine keep us updated bro would love to see how she turns out.

Thanks for the support. I'll definitely keep them updates flowing.

Time for a little update.
This morning I woke up to the below:
2018-09-14 16.49.17.jpg2018-09-14 16.49.24.jpg

The tips of a few leaves has completely browned and dried up over night.

The pictures was taken just now when I came home from work, 8-10 hours after I discovered it this morning.
Last night I might have put the light a bit too close (maybe two hours before lights out) and discovered about two hours after lights on in the morning.

Also I started feeding (BioBizz Grow @ just over half recommended dose) on Wednesday.

It doesn't look like the state has deterioated during the day, so I'm assuming that it is caused by the lights being too close and not the feeding.

So I did some pruning today.

Before
2018-09-16 12.51.42.jpg2018-09-16 12.51.46.jpg

After
2018-09-16 13.07.09.jpg2018-09-16 13.07.14.jpg2018-09-16 12.58.04.jpg

Took off any leaves that sat under her not getting light and also took off second node out from main stem on each side.
Should I have taken off more on the two main sites maybe?

Soil is still moist from feeding 4 days ago. As I have just pruned, should I feed her again to lessen the shock even if it might be a day or two before I would probably feed her if not considering the pruning?

I think I will let her grow out two branches on each side of the center and go for 10 colas in total and then put her into flower. Hopefully possible to do this within a few weeks.

What are your thoughts?

Give her light feedings, I'd let her grow out a bit before continuing the mainline. You could maybe flux her but it would take a couple of months of training to pull it off. I would let the 2 tops grow out a but and then top each arm. Then train the new tops by spreading them out. But that's just me thinking.
Ok, so I'm following your advice Pennywise :) Flux ideas are out now and will top the two tops now.
However the tops are not quite symmetrical. If the nodes are not a pair of two, but either three or four close together, do I just top it there and be happy that I can look forward to another cola or two? I guess I should try to have equal amount of colas on each of the mainline arms so that the distribution of energy is even as well?

The two tops looks like this up close, so not sure where to make the cuts:

1)
2018-09-18 20.44.23.jpg2018-09-18 20.44.09.jpg

2)
2018-09-18 20.43.35.jpg2018-09-18 20.43.09.jpg2018-09-18 20.42.43.jpg

That will be tough, she looks sexually mature. I probably wouldn't top at this point.
Oh man, live and learn :)
Ok, if she is sexually mature now should I flip her to 12/12 soon or would it be ok to wait approx two weeks?
Reason being, a bit of stealth and logistics are needed in my current situation. Right now I have my grow tent placed right next to my door to the stairway in my apartment building and I can't move it to another room until two weeks from now.
The girl already has a nice smell around the closed tent, and I fear that that will increase a lot quite soon after the flip. Am I correct in that assumption?

You're correct the smell will increase during flower, you can keep her under 18/6 until you're ready to flip her. Another 2 weeks will give her time to gain more size.

Hope you dont mind me pulling up a seat on this one. I have some of these Durban Beans from Sensi also. So it will be a treat to be able to get a preview of whats to come!
You're most Welcome Big Sparks.
I've made a few rookie mistakes along the way, but she's still a pretty girl. Very exited about the rest of the grow and of course eventually the smoke :) Will keep you updated on all in here.

Not much to report right now. Just waiting and let her grow until I can put her into flowering.
I'm still struggeling with high temps though, they were up around 37c/99f today.
Some time next week I expect to have an intake fan delivered so I'll be able to take in air from an open window and I really hope that will fix the problem. I just hope that the heat isn't slowing down growth too much until then.

A couple of pics:
2018-09-20 21.45.09.jpg2018-09-20 21.45.22.jpg

The hot weather may slow her down a bit, but honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In veg they can handle more extremes than in flower. Especially since you are already expecting a fan to pull fresh, cool air in. If you have an old fan, put on your girls. Plenty of fresh air blowing through and around the leaves is always helpful. It helps my girls get through the hot summer months, and I live in sunny southern California. Cant do outdoor grows at the moment but am happy with a couple of small tents inside.
Overall your girls are green and appear to be in good health. If you're going to flower them indoors you may want to flip to flower soon because sativas tend to stretch like heck and can get really big, sometimes too big, once going into flower.
Good luck! I'll be watching....

The hot weather may slow her down a bit, but honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In veg they can handle more extremes than in flower. Especially since you are already expecting a fan to pull fresh, cool air in. If you have an old fan, put on your girls. Plenty of fresh air blowing through and around the leaves is always helpful. It helps my girls get through the hot summer months, and I live in sunny southern California. Cant do outdoor grows at the moment but am happy with a couple of small tents inside.
Overall your girls are green and appear to be in good health. If you're going to flower them indoors you may want to flip to flower soon because sativas tend to stretch like heck and can get really big, sometimes too big, once going into flower.
Good luck! I'll be watching....

That's nice to hear. I hope the intake fan will do the job. I really hope to be able to move the tent to our spare room in just over a week from now as planned (though we might actually need to take in a friend that soon will be between places to live, and that might botch my plans...)
I'm also very aware about Sativas tendency to stretch while flowering, so trying to keep her as flat as possible until then :)

I just tried to upload a short .mp4 clip (13Mb) of my setup, but apparently it is not an allowed format.

Gave her another feeding today, full dose of BioBizz Grow. Will probably feed one more time before I flip her on 12/12 a week from now. Then start off at maybe half dose of a regimen of BioBizz Grow, BioBizz Bloom & Canna PK 13/14.

She looks very healthy, so it seems like she isn't hurting too much in spite of the ongoing heat issues.

A few pics for your viewing pleasure :)
2018-09-25 20.44.54.jpg2018-09-25 20.45.22.jpg2018-09-25 20.45.50.jpg2018-09-25 20.46.11.jpg2018-09-25 20.46.26.jpg

Back
Top Bottom