HighUpNorth’s Soil Durban Grow Journal 2018

Looking good high up north ill be watching from the back. Can't wait to see how the Durban turns out. Have a great day

Welcome CavScout420 and thanks a lot. Really looking forward to it myself, how it turns out :)

Wouldn't worry bout it, all above nice and healthy. How far away from the cfl is she, cause you can get them pretty close to cfls, pity bout temps at minute running two would be better than one but jst my opinion don`t go mental lol. Once you get ducting in place see where temps go and take from there me thinks. Damn that acoustic ducting is fidly and itchy to work with (talking bout setting new space up getting there at a snails pace but that's how i roll. regards

Ok, so I went to the store at got some flexhose and have connected it and led it close to the open window. I also opened up all three mesh net holes on the bottom of the tent (Only had one open before).

I had the cfl 15-20 cm from the plant but have tried to move it to about 8-10 cm from it now and have also turned back on the two smaller cfls that I turned off in the beginning as they had the temps even higher, but giving it a go again now with the (hopefully) better venting. Will see tomorrow how the numbers are.

Here's how it looks right now (not sure if it's possible to read the ruler, but as mentioned approx 8-10 cm from cfl to plant)
2018-09-04 21.01.39.jpg

I'm here again with more questions (and update on the heat issues).

The temps are still too high, around 35c/95f. The venting tubing and opening of extra intake holes definitely did not offset the extra cfls I turned on.
I think my next move with this is to try and get some mesh/cloth to fit on the end of the venting tube and use the tube as the intake from the open window instead (and of course then blocking the other mesh intake holes in the tent).

Now to my questions.

As I transplanted on Monday I only watered with pH'd water. How long should I stick to that before I start feeding her nutes? Couple of waterings/a few weeks?

Also, I want to top her as I plan to flux her (as I've seen done by LightAddict).
I want to top at the third node (when she has reached 5-6 nodes). However, I'm a bit unsure which one is the third node:
2018-09-05 16.47.23.jpg

Would it be "C" or "D"? Should I be counting "A" or not?

From the pic looks like c would be your 3rd node
Thanks CS420!
Yes C is the third node and welcome to 420 Magazine High up North. I'll grab the bean bag chair for the grow show.
Thanks Pennywise and welcome to the show :)

Alright, looks like consensus is on "C" as the third node, so will work it as that.
Should I give it maybe a week or so to let the 5th node get more notable and maybe have the 6th node look like the 5th does now, before I top?

Thanks guys.
I went ahead and chopped her down today.

However, as the gigantic dumb**s I am I was distracted as I was speaking with my girlfriend when I trimmed away the lower nodes, and I accidentally took off the third node (AFTER I had already topped her just above it!) So I now have a plant that has been topped above the second node instead of the third.

Before:
2018-09-09 20.09.16.jpg2018-09-09 20.10.18.jpg

After:
2018-09-09 20.18.07.jpg

Is she still be able to grow up big and strong, but maybe just delayed a little bit?
Also, the node has two 'branches' on each side. I assume I should remove one of these so that there are just two main branches going forward? If so, should I remove the top or bottom one?

Happy to hear that you both think so. And well, she IS still alive so... :)

I've begun training her also. As mentioned I want to Flux her (or Mainline, not quite sure of the difference).
2018-09-11 20.58.35.jpg

I'd say she is a at least few days away from the next watering, but when I get there, should I start feeding her nutes as well or does she need some more time on just water, after being topped so recently?

Give her light feedings, I'd let her grow out a bit before continuing the mainline. You could maybe flux her but it would take a couple of months of training to pull it off. I would let the 2 tops grow out a but and then top each arm. Then train the new tops by spreading them out. But that's just me thinking.

Back
Top Bottom