Hortus's First Indoor Grow - 600W

Hortus

3 vanilla haze clones and 1 amnesia seedling

Mainly Sativa I believe for the VH and the same for the amns

Plants are in veg, clones are on day 8 "today" and seedling is 20/30 days old thought I'd lost it and emptied the pot into another patch of lupin seedlings only to find that the bean had germinated.

Indoor tent ATM

Using soil it's a special blended mix made for a nursery still trying to source it's ingredient list.

I've got the clones in 2L semi air pots you'll see in the pics, will move to 11L air pots or something similar 2 weeks prior to 12/12 switch

600w mh for veg and a 600w hps for flowering it's in a air cooled hood with a extractor pulling the heat out.

Temps unsure waiting for a weather station to arrive...

Ph is also unknown ATM waiting kit to arrive...

No pests so far rest assured I'll be alert for any trespassers!

So far it's about every 2 days I'm using the lift the pot method.

During veg I don't plan to use any ferts. For flowering I've got ATAMI B-CUZZ A & B, yet to get any bud/blossom boosters any recommendations?

First day and first day in the tent for the amns

image15948.jpg
image15947.jpg

I'll post more up to date pics in a hour or so!

:Namaste:

Looks like a great start. I know nothing about growing in soil, but you'll probably need some nutes before veg is done. My ladies chow down like fat girls at a Chinese buffet. Good luck and welcome to 420 magazine. It's a great place!

Hahaha Unfetteron thanks bud!

I've got some nutes to hand incase I see any deficiency appearing, when I first potted the girls up I started feeding them 0.5m of each B-CUZZ A & B with each feed but I beleive it was to much to early cause there leafs started to yellow up in color and seemed to be slow in growth, on day 6 fed only water and they started to look healthy again.

The amnesia seedling is looking amazing today I really hope this one turn out to be female cause this strain would make me a lovely mother plant
image15957.jpg

The VH clones are responding well to some LST, only done two as one is way behind in growth I'm planning on using a scrog with the two and let the straggler catch up at her own speed and see what she produces.

image15958.jpg
image15956.jpg
image15955.jpg

Thanks all for joining the show :welcome: I'm planning on doing weekly updates of the girls for y'all. It's got to a point where I need to be more discreet and move the grow into a built in cupboard as the better half isn't keen on the tent and wants the spare room back!

So over the next couple of days I'll be busy designing/adapting the new grow space I'll post the dimensions and some pics once it's finished. I also need to start thinking about a veg space for clones once I flip the switch.

Has anyone ever used atami B-cuzz soil A(npk 4-0-4) B(npk 0-3-5) nutes or know if it's worth using or shall I use more well known products?

Here's the guide that came with the nutes

image15970.jpg

Time to chill out and read your signature current/past grows while enjoying a few :bongrip:

G'day fellow 420 members!

Sorry for the deley in updating the thread. The grandparents came to visit for a couple of days... On the plus side though I moved the grow to a inbuilt cupboard with a area of 7.5 sq ft, this will be my flowering room I'm planning on building a new veg room/box once I flip to 12/12 with my VH clones. Ive got the extractor pulling air into the attic and a vent on the door to allow fresh air in.
image16098.jpg

Unfetteron you where right the girls are starting to look a little bit thirsty for nutes! So today I've moved them up to there final pots and raised the amount of feed there getting.

Everyday I've been spending 30mins training and I think it's definitely paying off the plants are bushing out lovely I'm thinking about topping all the current tops to double what's there. I've been thinking about how high I should have the scrog from the soil any ideas or tips?

image16102.jpg
image16103.jpg
image16104.jpg

I'm also thinking it's time to top the amnesia seedling it's currently got six nodes soon to be eight but was kind of hoping to use the top for a cutting but without stretching I think that idea is a lost cause.

image16105.jpg
image16106.jpg

Any thoughts or criticism please ask/say

Peace all :hookah::hookah:

Those ladies are looking beautiful. :bravo: Did you ever get your ph meter? I just went through a week without my meter being calibrated and it was heck on my ladies. I found out the hard way you want to keep a check on the ph AND your ph meter.

Hey 420 hope your all well

Cheers fellas, Unfetteron no it's still not arrived... Kinda need it ASAP! I think I'm suffering ph problems I noticed two days ago some of the new growth looked slightly abnormal today it's become apparent something is wrong. Here's a few pics of the girls.

image16230.jpg
image16229.jpg

What do you guys think?

I also topped the amnesia seedling, it's looking good today (day 18) got six shoots going strong.

image16238.jpg
image16228.jpg

I dipped the 1 inch cutting in rooting powder and placed it in a 7cm pot inside a sealable bag couple of days ago. Looks like it's taken!

image16235.jpg
image16234.jpg

Here's a few more pics of the grow on day 20 for the clones

image16233.jpg
image16231.jpg
image16232.jpg
image16237.jpg
image16236.jpg

Peace :roorrip:

Hey 420 hope your all well

Cheers fellas, Unfetteron no it's still not arrived... Kinda need it ASAP! I think I'm suffering ph problems I noticed two days ago some of the new growth looked slightly abnormal today it's become apparent something is wrong. Here's a few pics of the girls.

image16230.jpg
image16229.jpg

What do you guys think?

I also topped the amnesia seedling, it's looking good today (day 18) got six shoots going strong.

image16238.jpg
image16228.jpg

I dipped the 1 inch cutting in rooting powder and placed it in a 7cm pot inside a sealable bag couple of days ago. Looks like it's taken!

image16235.jpg
image16234.jpg

Here's a few more pics of the grow on day 20 for the clones

image16233.jpg
image16231.jpg
image16232.jpg
image16237.jpg
image16236.jpg

Peace :roorrip:

In my very limited experience my deficiency issues were always due to ph. They will be ok till you get your meter as long as it is soon. Every thing else looks nIce.

Ok so there was a mix up with the ph meter I ordered! Got a new one being sent out. To help with what I believed to be a nute lockout I bought some bottled water with a ph level of 6.1 at source whether it's still I don't know, anyway I flushed the clones and have been using said water without nutes so far things are looking better.

Just need to upload some pics and I'll post a update

UPDATE...

I thought I noticed a slowing in growth over the last week so switched to bottled ph'ed water 6.1 I beleive. The girls have since regained there composer :bravo:

Humidity in the grow room is sticking around 50% on average and temps during lights on is 24.4c unsure of stats when lights are off. I'm spreading 5gallons over the 3 girls every 48 hrs.

Here's the beauty's on day 24 there really starting to spread out to the point where I might need to think about setting up the scrog and flipping the light times. Still haven't built a new veg room so kinda reluctant.

image16335.jpg
image16336.jpg
image16337.jpg
image16338.jpg

image16339.jpg
image16340.jpg

There in a unknown size lattice pot to allow air to penetrate the roots as long as I keep up with the watering it shouldn't dry out. To help with watering I'll be rigging up a drip system cause I know it's gonna be hard to keep up with things...

image16341.jpg

The amnesia seedling is doing amazingly!

image16344.jpg
image16345.jpg

Even the cutting is looking smart.

image16342.jpg

During the lst (low stress training) I also snipped a cutting from the VH took it yesterday so far there's no sign of wilting or any stress.

image16343.jpg

Sorry for the poor images
Peace y'all :volcano-smiley:

Hey :420: got a update for y'all.

With Christmas coming up I've had a lot on with finishing jobs before I left for my 2week vacation. Since the last update so much has happened within the grow cupboard it's been completely revamped.

I've taped Mylar sheeting to all the sides of the grow space, rigged up a carbon filter for obvious reasons. And literally just finished fitting the scrog today it's looking sweeeeet if I do say so myself.

image16704.jpg
image16705.jpg
image16706.jpg
image16707.jpg

And the girls have almost quadrupled in size, I'm planning on changing to the hps tonight to start the budding stage. The amnesia seedling has been moved to a new nursery with 9 cuttings under 2x 6500k HO/54w t5's I'll be starting a new Journal for the new grow soon.

This is the water I'm using with my nutes going to be heading to the local hydro store for some bud booster on Monday to beef up the buds when they come.

image16708.jpg

Cheers for the kind words Unfetteron just gonna grab a beer and I'll check out your grow journal, will be good to see how your beauty's are getting on.

Keep it green fellow growers and tokers :passitleft:

Thanks akisunni the girls sure are!

Just swapped over to the 600hps can't wait to see how these beauty's bud up over the next couple of weeks, from the dates I'm looking at cropping around the end of February 2015 my buddy also has a crop due around the same time from the same source as where I got mine from so will be interesting to compare the finished results

Please update us with average results between yourself and the other grow after chop season. Always nice to transparently see what was genetics vs luck/skill. I have a cherry bomb that should be due for a chop in late February. Its on 36-12 grow cycle, so no clue how long it will take in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom