Hortus's First Indoor Grow - 600W

How high above the soil is that screen?

And it's fixed I take it?

I like, I'm in. Thanks

Please update us with average results between yourself and the other grow after chop season. Always nice to transparently see what was genetics vs luck/skill. I have a cherry bomb that should be due for a chop in late February. Its on 36-12 grow cycle, so no clue how long it will take in all honesty.

For sure next time I'm round there I'll snap a quick pic so you can see what his looks like now, then a more detailed review once there cropped. I'll be sure to keep tabs on your grow I've got so much to catch up on! So many journals to follow...

:peacetwo:

How high above the soil is that screen?

And it's fixed I take it?

I like, I'm in. Thanks

Hey petergreen glad to have you on board,

Kinda missed out some important info in my last update. The scrog screen I've put together is 30cm from the soil and the light currently set at 50cm above the screen, will adjust as required but I'm not expecting to.

I started of by taping the Mylar sheeting on the wall then screwed Timber Cladding Batten 21x34x2400mm at a set level to wall.

The eye hooks have been spaced to create 2inch lose squares. The wire I'm using is a tying wire about 1mm thick with a plastic coating "2mm overall" took me hours to rig the whole thing up but well worth it.

Thank you, I'll be watching. Good luck!

Update, 3 days into flower and the girls have started there accent for glory they've got about 2ft above them if needed so I'm not worried.

Temps in the cupboard are

highest 75f humidity 75%
lowest 66.6f humidity 50%

Normally sits around 73f during the day. I've also majorly upped the nutes so there now getting 3ml of b-CUZZ a & b per litre and I've started adding 2ml per litre of bio bizz grow

image16807.jpg

image16805.jpg

image16806.jpg

image16808.jpg

Time for me to raid the beer fridge sit my ass down and chill out... Hope y'all ready for Christmas I think I am :hmmmm:

Update

It's been 8 days since I flipped to 12/12. Temps in the grow during the night have been cold to bloody cold.... Ive installed a greenhouse heater to help but now need more fans to move the heated air around the space to make the most of it.

image16994.jpg
image16995.jpg
image16996.jpg
image16997.jpg
image16998.jpg
image16999.jpg

As you can see from the last pic loads of pistil action going on even from under the screen.

Catch y'all on the flip side :surf::allgood:

Looks great.

May i make a suggestion for your next grow?

What you did with your scrog, was just let the plants grow right though it. Many people do this as well, and its a common mistake when using a scrog.

With how nice and bushy those plants get, you could have easily filled up that grow cab and had a canopy the exact same size, but with only one plant. The reason is because a scrog is used to spread a plant out to grow horizontal. As a branch comes above the screen, its pulled back under, and moved to the next sqaure over, but moved away from the centre of the plant. As it grows upwards again through the new hole, its pulled back below the screen and put into the next hole closer to the edge of the screen. Its not woven in the screen, tho, like these directions kind of sound like i'm saying, but instead of growin upwards, you keep pulling the branches outwards till the screen is filled up, then you let the plant go vertical, as there wont be any more holes to spread branches to.

GEDC0941.JPG

See the picture above, those are my Pink kush i have in my grow box. notice how on the plant on the right, there isn't any tops growing in the middle of the plant? This is because they have all been pulled to the outside of the screen, and filled up the screen before i let the plants go vertical.

Just a helpful thought to get the most out of your space and scrogs!!

I'm gona pull up a chair and a grab the bong, if you dont mind.

Great info greenthumb welcome to the journal those are some awesome looking scrogs I'll be sure to read through your journals for more info.

As for my current grow things got wild very quickly in there! I'd planned to use the above method but when the plants filled the screen before I flipped it left me where I am now, I did think about removing a few colas to free up space but decided against it and let em go wild.

Got plans for a sog grow next with 10 to 15 amnesia clones (without the wire) then during there bloom I'll veg a undecided strain for a true scrog grow.

Honestly, the easiest way to manage your grow i've found is to grow less plants, just grow them bigger. Most people are limited to a plant count anyways, so making the most out the space you have is key to big yields.

I just looked back on page 2 at the picture with your hood right above the screen, and i was thinking to myself that you could easily pull 1/2-3/4LB dried in that cab with a single plant using your scrog. What you think about that?

Yeah I guess maintenance would be easier with one plant but how long would it take to veg then complete a bloom cycle over a 7.5sq ft area?

I'm predicting at least 1/2lb min and maybe 1lb max from these three clones in my space. This is only my first run so these are only guesses but so far things are looking good.

DSC_009524.JPG
DSC_008924.JPG
DSC_008821.JPG
DSC_009424.JPG
DSC_009223.JPG

I've got a amnesia seedling/mother thats on day57 from underlights that I could use for a trial run in a similar grow space under 400/600w mh/hps. I'm still looking at 8 more weeks till this grow space opens up so was thinking about setting up the tent again to grow a sog to clear out all the amnesia clones I've taken...

Update...

Plants are looking good theres a few signs of pk deficiency I hope the plant doesn't suffer to bad from this. On week 5 and there getting 3m per Ltr of b'cuzz soil a&b also on week 4 I started using bcuzz bloom stimulater then on week six I'm gonna add there blossom builder with a pk rating of 20 32 hopefully sort any issues I'm having.

DSC_01689.JPG
DSC_016912.JPG
DSC_017011.JPG
DSC_017117.JPG
DSC_017314.JPG

I'll get the tumble weed rolling more than likely I'll catch it on the next update :p

Elabroate????

Can you tell I've had a bad day... Sorry I miss read deficient as decent so had a little bit of a Bruce Banner moment lol

I'll snap a few pics of what I think to be nute deficiency it only really started once I switched to 12/12 lights and seems to be getting worse as the plants/buds mature

Heres few pics from today. It's day 35 of bloom maybe another 25 to 30 days left

DSC_019320.JPG
DSC_019418.JPG

DSC_019518.JPG
DSC_019719.JPG
DSC_019816.JPG
DSC_020014.JPG
DSC_020115.JPG
DSC_020215.JPG

Went a bit crazy snapping pics hope you all enjoy :volcano-smiley:

those leaves look more like a slight calcium deficiency more than anything.. very small rust like spots in the leaves.. Are you still giving the plants nitrogen in the nutrient solution you feed with? the growth looks a little dull in colour dont you think?

25 to 30 days is veing hopeful. Those colas look like they are filling in still. I would always give at least 8 weeks from the day you change to 12/12 plus a 7-10 day flush, to ensure your cannabis is ripened enough.

Interesting greenthumb I thought the same about a couple of weeks back but for some reason I thought It had fixed it's self when i flushed and increased the nutes. thanks for pointing it out to me I'll look into getting some cal-mag I hear Epson salt is very good ever tried it?

There on the beginning of week of 6 and currently on b'cuzz A (n4 p0 k4) & B (n1 p3 k5) and b'cuzz bloom stimulator. I give them 4ml A&B with 1ml bloom stimulator per litre. I'll also be adding there blossom builder that's npk is 0 20 32 should arrive on Tuesday.

I've got a funny feeling that these girls might need another 4 or even 5 weeks till I flush em for the chop hope I've got enough nutes :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom