How big does a plant get in a 1 gallon pot?

AgedMaster

how big can a plant get in a 1gal i was assuming 2ft mine is 3ft 1 week in flower i think its gona be about 4ft do u think the root system will handle a plant that big heres a picture it looks healthy so far the plant next to it looks lighter as its a different strain
King Tut 1 gal.jpg
King Tut 1 gal [2].jpg

@agedmaster , good morning and good hearing from you.
Good question, sort of like asking "how long is a straight line". I sure that a 1 gal bucket would restrict growth compared to a larger one. As you mentioned that one plant is lighter than the other, same as plant growth, some get larger than others.
My answer I'm sure of is not what you wanted to know. So, perhaps you could get back later and let us know how large the plant actually got and the yield.
Stay safe.

@agedmaster , good morning and good hearing from you.
Good question, sort of like asking "how long is a straight line". I sure that a 1 gal bucket would restrict growth compared to a larger one. As you mentioned that one plant is lighter than the other, same as plant growth, some get larger than others.
My answer I'm sure of is not what you wanted to know. So, perhaps you could get back later and let us know how large the plant actually got and the yield.
Stay safe.
Hi garybo good afternoon from here so far its a few inches smaller and not as wide as my other king tuts that are in 3gal pots it should slow down soon hopefully or i will need to feed 3 times a day i will keep u updated i was wondering what the largest someone has grown and yield

@agedmaster , yea it's 10:48 here and sunshining. Typical for Florida.

You will love Tut, I grew 2 of those rascals outdoor a couple of years ago in 10 gal pots, they got to be over 6' tall and the quantity and quality of bud was marvelous. I wish I had recorded how much bud I got per plant, but unfortunately I didn't. I did though, cut one plant when the trics were slightly in the amber and waited a week of so before cutting the other. I could not really tell much difference between the two.
Since then I've downsized to 5 gal pots, much easier to move around. Yes, please keep my in the loop to how they turned out.
garybo

@agedmaster , yea it's 10:48 here and sunshining. Typical for Florida.

You will love Tut, I grew 2 of those rascals outdoor a couple of years ago in 10 gal pots, they got to be over 6' tall and the quantity and quality of bud was marvelous. I wish I had recorded how much bud I got per plant, but unfortunately I didn't. I did though, cut one plant when the trics were slightly in the amber and waited a week of so before cutting the other. I could not really tell much difference between the two.
Since then I've downsized to 5 gal pots, much easier to move around. Yes, please keep my in the loop to how they turned out.
garybo
Hi garybo i grew king tut a couple of years ago i got my friend to grow 4 seeds all he got was one plant from 4 so he took cuttings for me he is good at cuttings but not seed they was the best cuttings ive had loads of fluffy white roots and the bud turned out really tasty it has a pepper taste he was gona keep her as a mother but he hermied it and couldnt take the risk of it pollinating hes other plants i wish he could have grown it we would of had lots of seeds it cost me 27 pound for 4 seeds i used to use 6 gal pots im limited on what i can bring in and out of property

Interesting and I understand what you mean about limited space to grow in.

I've found out that buying discounted seeds is like playing russian roulette, sometimes several weeks later you may realize you've waste of time and money.
Perhaps check out the information our advertisers can offer, though paying 27 pound for 4 seeds don't sound too much, I try to budget $10 per seed when I'm looking.

Take care and stay in touch.

I've seen some pretty gigantic plants in "one gallon pot challenges" on youtube. I think the fabric pots help them grow even bigger because of the air pruning and no root circling. But seems to be a lot of daily maintenance with needing to water multiple times a day plus all the feeding once they get big.

Interesting and I understand what you mean about limited space to grow in.

I've found out that buying discounted seeds is like playing russian roulette, sometimes several weeks later you may realize you've waste of time and money.
Perhaps check out the information our advertisers can offer, though paying 27 pound for 4 seeds don't sound too much, I try to budget $10 per seed when I'm looking.

Take care and stay in touch.
Hi pal they wasnt dud seeds they come in original package hes just to busy couldnt look after them properly he had a 3ft tent and a 250w cfl and a heat mat i just grow the seeds myself now with what i have i use a 250w hps to start them ive not failed growing a seed yet ive only grown 8 but i got all 8 to pop and grow heres the packet i will look at seed advertisers on here i also got a free seed i had a choice of about 10 different seeds i chose orange bud auto thats the lighter looking plant next to this one
WP_20221015_04_50_27_Pro - Copy.jpg

I've seen some pretty gigantic plants in "one gallon pot challenges" on youtube. I think the fabric pots help them grow even bigger because of the air pruning and no root circling. But seems to be a lot of daily maintenance with needing to water multiple times a day plus all the feeding once they get big.
Hi pal I was thinking the same with air pruning i will check youtube i have my lights on 5pm to 5am i did have a pump and drip feeders but the pump broke i might buy a new pump and set it to feed 3 times

Not sure how experienced you are... but just watch out growing plants to big for the pot. I let mine go a little further than anticipated and got hit hard with deficiency on week 6 which destroyed the grow. I will always translate to a larger if necessary or make sure there's plenty of root room from now on. -Unless you want to rely purely on liquid fert. throughout flower.

Not sure how experienced you are... but just watch out growing plants to big for the pot. I let mine go a little further than anticipated and got hit hard with deficiency on week 6 which destroyed the grow. I will always translate to a larger if necessary or make sure there's plenty of root room from now on. -Unless you want to rely purely on liquid fert. throughout flower.
Hi pal its in coco so i have to feed nutes every time i think it will be good i will have to feed 3 times a day. I have 3 others in 3 gal fabric pots there a lot bigger than that one and i have one in a 2ltr pot thats just a single stem. I only had 50 ltrs of coco and 5 seeds i was expecting 3 i got 2 free i normally do 3 so what i get off other 2 is a bonus and i get to
experiment. i only vegged for 3 weeks plus 14 days seedling stage i would have switched to 12/12 earlier if i didnt have 3 in bigger pots thanks for information though i no now that its not good in soil to have a plant that big in 1 gal i will get to see if it works in coco and fabric pot

General rule is roughly 1 gallon per foot. Soil is closer to 1/2 gal/foot and full hydro closer to 2 gal/foot. When your pot is too big there can be issues with the media holding moisture too long. Too small and the media dries too fast. The wet /dry cycle is a major key to healthy growth. Watering issues lead to nutrient uptake issues. Odds of nutrient build up or deficiencies go way up with the wrong sized pot.

So yes it can grow in a small pot but it will take a lot more attention and not optimal for the plant.

General rule is roughly 1 gallon per foot. Soil is closer to 1/2 gal/foot and full hydro closer to 2 gal/foot. When your pot is too big there can be issues with the media holding moisture too long. Too small and the media dries too fast. The wet /dry cycle is a major key to healthy growth. Watering issues lead to nutrient uptake issues. Odds of nutrient build up or deficiencies go way up with the wrong sized pot.

So yes it can grow in a small pot but it will take a lot more attention and not optimal for the plant.
Thanks pal i wont do it again i grew 5 in case a couple didn't make it all i have is hps light extraction and intake i control rh through opening and closing door on room there in and window i couldn't force myself to kill 2 so i kept them thanks for info

Can be done but just expect to water more often and potentially run into some issues. These were in 2 litre fabric pots.
Hi pal there the biggest ive ever seen ive looked on internet there bigger than any ive seen in 1gal and the buds are fat ive only seen thin buds im gona be busy with them i was gona get a pump but its to loud i remember from another time

you can grow fairly large plants in smaller buckets in coco or hempy due to the media. coco and fabric buckets are a great go to. it does require a bit more attention, but is not difficult by any stretch.

this was a 2L hempy bucket grow

1666025559568.png
Hi pal nice plants and fat buds ive never heard of hempy until now that would make life easier i might try that next time with bigger buckets i could have made one with a 10ltr bucket i have i still have a bag full of clay pebbles i will look into hempy more thanks

Back
Top Bottom