How do you LST a plant that is extremely bushy without upward growth?

Growdad420

So to all my fellow growers... I am growing Super Skunk and Blueberries (check out my journal). I am on Day 17 my plants are extremely bushy. I have plenty of nodes to bend it over, however the plants are so extremely bushy, bending the plant over really wont do much. I have tried to tuck the fan leaves under the new growth, but there is so much its damn near impossible.

The plants themselves are about 6 inches tall.
Do I :

1. leave it alone and let nature take its course
2. Force them to stretch then begin LST

What do you all do? I am not a fan of pruning in Veg to me, doesnt make much sense.

What does the :420:family say? Sound off!

@Growdad420
Another option is to raise your lights? I assume you are indoors. Or maybe lower your light hours closer to 15 than a potential 18? Again, assuming.

Less stressful would be to flower then tie over the stretch.

If they are that bushy and squat, why the need to train? If they are that bushy i would leave them alone and let nature do it. It sounds like they already have superb genetics and a great growth structure for indoors.

@Growdad420
Another option is to raise your lights? I assume you are indoors. Or maybe lower your light hours closer to 15 than a potential 18? Again, assuming.

Less stressful would be to flower then tie over the stretch.

If they are that bushy and squat, why the need to train? If they are that bushy i would leave them alone and let nature do it. It sounds like they already have superb genetics and a great growth structure for indoors.
Thanks for the input, puffer.. My lights are about 14 inches away from the top of the plant. So are you suggesting option 2. Raise the lights and make the stretch then LST am I assuming that correctly?

What do you think about the old adage that a bushy plant leads to denser buds?

Most of the time you LST to make a bush so some plants do that by them self's just by topping. I agree with Patient puffer on letting nature do it's thing. Old age can make more terpenes but environment and genetics are two main factors in making dense buds.

Back
Top Bottom