How long to harvest? CBD strain

spamshq

Start of week 8 flower. How long do you reckon it is till I chop?
54F25A05-07F8-47A4-9426-7BE56257FF9D.jpeg
E6069B26-B3A8-4403-9275-AA2A35F8041C.jpeg
96EC1F75-2F64-4B4A-B412-6AB29EF74750.jpeg

i would suggest you could chop that now and be quite pleased with the results

but i would also say that you could leave it for a bit more without any harm but i might also suggest that leaving it is not going to gain you much

nice looking plant, well done getting er to here :thumb:

What I have heard is the CBD peaks earlier than a THC variety, my Sister worked at a Hemp Farm and her boss found that if he harvested at when he would normally consider "early" (like a week early) for a THC strain the CBD levels were higher.

What I have heard is the CBD peaks earlier than a THC variety, my Sister worked at a Hemp Farm and her boss found that if he harvested at when he would normally consider "early" (like a week early) for a THC strain the CBD levels were higher.
So do you reckon it’s ready to chop the end of this week?

i would suggest you could chop that now and be quite pleased with the results

but i would also say that you could leave it for a bit more without any harm but i might also suggest that leaving it is not going to gain you much

nice looking plant, well done getting er to here :thumb:
Cheers. Do you reckon I should leave for 48 hours of dark. And fully fast flush out nutrients this week?

I second Dwight's thoughts. My reading has revealed that CBD is a precursor to THC. Meaning IT appears before THC. CBD peaks before THC does. An earlier harvest on a CBD will keep it from changing to THC.

This sounds like B.S. hahaha. I read it somewhere and can't find it now! I will be back...maybe. I don't just regurgitate crap to spin yarns of lies. I read it...seen it...i had a 1:1 seed pack (sativa dom) recommend harvest at 7 weeks despite sativa heritage. I dug deeper and found the info that CBD matures quicker than THC. Maybe that's it...BRB......

That's pretty interesting...that makes me wonder why CBD users won't test positive for Delta-9.......my wife has random testing and researching positive THC tests while using CBD has us discouraged to say the least. Now I am frightened. She has chronic pain and we are waiting for things to shift...i digress...this will be a new thread. ...forgive me.

i looked for info on the maturation rates of cbd trichomes vs thc trichomes but have no answer,, not that i doubt, just cuz it's interesting

I am digging and digging right now. Hahahaha. I...KNOW...i read it somewhere. This upsets me. (Grrrrr...)

-edit- now I'm out reading about CBD's impact on chicken embryos. So scattered, so misdirected. ROFL!
Haha. I keep trying to look to find answers. Not much info out there about. I will probably harvest mid this week and flush it to make sure no nutrients. Do you recommend a 48 hour dark period?

I have zero information on that matter. I am predominantly an outdoor grower and that offers me zero opportunity to do something like that light deprivation before harvest. I can not comment on the benefits of the method. So I have no recommendations. Perhaps another can chime in on the matter and we can both learn.
I have seen forms of stress make a plant trichy; defensively responding to environmental stressors.

@spamshq

most of the consensus these days , tho there is opposition from some heavy weights, indeed, but i would suggest the 48 hr dark is pseudo science. pseudo science is similar to old wives tales

and most if not all would suggest that a flush is not the way to go,, feed as normal right up to harvest, tho why would it hurt to miss a feed if one knows for sure the chop is commin . at the least it saves a few pennies

I have zero information on that matter. I am predominantly an outdoor grower and that offers me zero opportunity to do something like that light deprivation before harvest. I can not comment on the benefits of the method. So I have no recommendations. Perhaps another can chime in on the matter and we can both learn.
I have seen forms of stress make a plant trichy; defensively responding to environmental stressors.
Cheers. Will probably harvest on Wednesday then. May put in darkness but will decide prior to harvest. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom