How much calmag do you put in with tap water for coco?

The123321

I am using gh calmag with tap water for 2 auto plants in coco in the 3 gallon pots on day 36 that are in flowering now. I have been doing around 2.5 ml/gallon of calmag with the water but I only water 1 time per day and the plants look like they have calmag deficiency. I do not water to runoff and I only put calmag with silicon in the water. I have dry amendments in the coco. If you only water the coco 1 time per day how much calmag would you put in with the tap water on there?

Did u buffer your Coco before use? If not you will need to increase calmag dose slowly

I'm on 2,5 mg calmag on RO water on day 20 but buffered Coco

Also why don't you water till run off ? It's a good practice

Lots of variables in play. the composition of your tap water to begin with. The PH of your feed, the lighting being used and the strain of plant being grown.

Sometimes you just have to increase it gradually until you find the sweet spot. I have a Chem91 growing in the same tent with 3 other strains and I have to double her cal-mag while the others are doing just fine. There isn't an exact number to shoot for without some trial and error.

Lots of variables in play. the composition of your tap water to begin with. The PH of your feed, the lighting being used and the strain of plant being grown.

Along with not all Cal Mag is the same as some is 1-0-0 some 2-0-0 and I've seen a 3-0-0 even. But all those variables as you said make it nearly impossible to have a magic number that works all the time and for everyone. I've had plants popped from seeds of the same "Strain" have totally different wants/needs far as nutes goes, which is a royal pain in the backside to keep everyone happy at that point ;) :rofl:

Thanks. It is canna coco in the brick that is buffered. I use gh calmag. How much water do you usually give to a plant that is like 5 weeks old in a 3 gallon pot with like 70 30 coco perlite? I do not water to runoff. I have been doing like 1/4 gallon per day to each plant on there. I wonder if I should give it a little more like 5 ml/gallon due to only watering it 1 time each day on there.

You've seen many others doing the dry amendments successfully, why is it you're not following them with your questions?

Seems to me, if you think you're the one to reinvent the wheel, you's have a lot more up your sleeve... you're not wearing wife beaters are ya?

Thanks. That is like a half gallon or more for each plant every day? What day are you on that you give that much water and is the plant auto or regular on there?

I am using gh calmag with tap water for 2 auto plants in coco in the 3 gallon pots on day 36 that are in flowering now. I have been doing around 2.5 ml/gallon of calmag with the water but I only water 1 time per day and the plants look like they have calmag deficiency. I do not water to runoff and I only put calmag with silicon in the water. I have dry amendments in the coco. If you only water the coco 1 time per day how much calmag would you put in with the tap water on there?
Are you checking the pH level? Different nutrients are taken up at different levels. It could POSSIBLY and I stress POSSIBLY be an issue. You may have locked yourself out especially considering you don't water to runoff. In that case it won't matter how much calmag you add because your plants won't be able to use it.

Not watering to runoff in coco sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Probably some sort of lockout issue not calmag deficiency, but without pictures of the plant it's impossible to diagnose.

Thanks. I flushed each plant today with 2 gallons of ph water around 5.8 - 6.2 with like 2.5 ml/gallon of calmag in the tap water. I am going to stop putting the silicon in the water in case it was messing with the calmag on there. I may take an image next week after a few days to see if what I did today helped it. The ph of the runoff was around 6.5 so I think that the ph is on the right level in the coco on there.

Measuring the PH in runoff gives mixed results to say the least.
and what you might be able to glean from the info on PH runoff?
Next to nothing
Just make sure your PH going in is good and don't worry about what the PH is on runoff
If you're feeding at least daily to 20% runoff, it should come out not too far what went in to begin with

Back
Top Bottom