How often do you flush plants?

Pothead28

I'm a first time grower and I'm at 9 weeks flowering so I'm going to start flushing but I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to flush it. Do I just once or twice or everyday?

I'm new to growing as well, so keep that in mind, but as I understand it, it's highly dependent on your growing medium.

If you're in soil you flush for 1-2 weeks with just water on the same schedule you would have normally watered / fed them. In coco you do it for about a week, same schedule (although you'd have a super hard time overwatering in coco with good drainage), and in hydro you do it for like 2-4 days.

I'd suggest you get more input though, I don't want to be responsible for screwing up your plants, heh.

I'm new to growing as well, so keep that in mind, but as I understand it, it's highly dependent on your growing medium.

If you're in soil you flush for 1-2 weeks with just water on the same schedule you would have normally watered / fed them. In coco you do it for about a week, same schedule (although you'd have a super hard time overwatering in coco with good drainage), and in hydro you do it for like 2-4 days.

I'd suggest you get more input though, I don't want to be responsible for screwing up your plants, heh.

Okay I just wasn't sure whether to flush everyday or the same schedule so thank you!

hello pothead28!

if i feed my plants heavy nutes throughout her flowering stage i tend to flush for 2-3 weeks as sometimes 1 week is just not enough to get rid of the chemical taste away.

i flush 3 times the volume of the pot so a 20L pot id flush 60L then after that i just run 1 week with canna flush or flawless finish then the remaining normal water feedings.

hopes this helps you out.

Sorry i didnt see your post sooner.

But i do a mixture of both i guess.

By the last week the plant isnt drinking nearly what you put into the pot
so i taper back on the nutes when i see the plant starting to finish.

The last week is water only but i dont flush like mentioned above 3 times pot size.
Tho i dont disagree with it.
Its just impractical for my setup

Back
Top Bottom