How To Grow With LEDs

Defol under led, what I have to say is....I have finished about 9 plants under led first 6 we're left more or less UN touched I did remove a total of 6 took big fans that we're blocking the tops of it's neighbor, but not enough to make an impact, I don't know if it affected yeilds at all it was a hyper run with a max of 2 weeks veg time, but as expected yeilds was not great however quality was superb!, now 3 much larger plants done under a much bigger led I did defol I'm talking about 2 sour diesels and an og kush 1 sour diesel is yet to finish it was the most defol'd and from what I can see it will have the biggest yeild I've ever had from 1 plant at the beginning of flower I stripped it bare since it was crazy bushy (it's wrapped all around a tomato cage) then again in 3 weeks I stripped it again as it was again a mega bush now 2-4 weeks from harvest it's covers with at least 100 budsites and all look to be half a banana sized nugs with lots of time to go, ,we will see what happens, now for the other sd2 I did light defol thru flower it was topped once and have my biggest wet weight so far 14.3 oz dried about 7 oz with all stems removed, no popcorn fluff buds at all even the tiny little marble sized nugs are like rocks you need a hammer and a firecracker taped to these buds to break them up! Then the og kush defol was a bit more aggressive again one of my bigger yeilding plants to date,in every case they quickly replaced any lost leaf, making me feel it was almost pointless to defol except they responded by growing bigger thicker and stronger , it's my belief that defol if done right will increase yeild alot ,just look at bassmans journals he pulls 10-15 oz per plant dry in a 4x4 tent on a regular basis I think with the right led his yeilds would go up, I'm getting my biggest yeilds ever with led with or without defol but it's looking like the defol'd plants are gonna put a zip or 3 more in my jars, that's my observation thus far,subject to change if results differ later :peace:

Hey all, humidifier in my grow room with led panels? Warmth is an issue so warm mist humidifier? Worried about water in air and panels. Thanks all peace
Maybe I could have it outside grow room at the air intake vent? Peace

Interesting pics. I am using induction for veg which works great. I will have to check out the leds for flowering. Has anyone done a par reading when your plants are 18, 24 or 36 inches away from the plants? Lumens are helpful but if anyone has taken a par reading on leds, I am interested to hear about the findings.

wow those are good results. sounds like 24" is best for flowering, I cant remember is that what you are hanging them at?
I will have to check on that company.

if theyre good enough units it seems so friend lol. an hid can melt the plants face off too if you know what i mean, literally :)

Great thread thanks for starting this. Has anyone popped seeds directly under 5w LEDs and if so how far away did you need to keep them. I have some seeds just popping now and have 2 26w CFLs over them but wanna get them under my LED panel asap. I have the MarsII 700w model 140x5 full spectrum. I was thinking I could start them at 40" or so and that shouldn't hurt them any. Thoughts?

I Too wanted to know this, I am soon going to pop my seeds and wanted to know if Thats could put them about 46" from my seedlings?

Great thread thanks for starting this. Has anyone popped seeds directly under 5w LEDs and if so how far away did you need to keep them. I have some seeds just popping now and have 2 26w CFLs over them but wanna get them under my LED panel asap. I have the MarsII 700w model 140x5 full spectrum. I was thinking I could start them at 40" or so and that shouldn't hurt them any. Thoughts?

I kept my seedlings between 28'-33' under my Mars II 700

Did you pop them under the light soon as they git there first few leafs?

Check my journal ;) , but the short answer is, yes.

I thought I would start them under a T5 panel, but ultimately I didn't and put them under LED even before they broke through and poked their heads out. I'd say just don't get closer than 24" and 30" is even better for seedlings. The very beginning is a sketchy period as those babies are still susceptible to over-watering, high temps, nute burn etc, but if you have all those things in check and your light is 28"+ above them, you should be fine.

Check my journal ;) , but the short answer is, yes.

I thought I would start them under a T5 panel, but ultimately I didn't and put them under LED even before they broke through and poked their heads out. I'd say just don't get closer than 24" and 30" is even better for seedlings. The very beginning is a sketchy period as those babies are still susceptible to over-watering, high temps, nute burn etc, but if you have all those things in check and your light is 28"+ above them, you should be fine.

Your grow looks amazing, never thought to hang my temp/humidity meter from the ceiling...will borrow that idea.
I have 2 125w cfl lamps that I plan to use to start my seedlings. Will then switch over to my mars II 1200w about 120cm above my baby's

lol...Just make sure not to hang it right IN the light. Apparently it skews the reading a bit. I tied loops in my string at about 6" intervals and could raise/lower my monitor too to keep it in the desired zone.

Regarding your light placement height, just be flexible with it until you can determine what height your plants prefer. I ultimately determined mine liked it right at 28" during their veg stage and about 24" in flower, but I kept it a little higher so they could grow to the light and I could keep my coverage area a little bigger.

Does the light of the LED grow bulb is the same as the sunlight, so it can grow the plant perfectly??

—————————————
Leona
Make life easy and bright

Check out this thread to see some results with one of the sponsors LED panel that is very affordable. I have the 700w MarsII model from them and I have only ran it a few days but it seems like a nice unit especially for the money.

BID 6.0 Featuring: TopLED - Coco High Brix - JDL - Highly Mineralized Myko Madness!

I just moved the babies under the LED. I have it about 45" up right now as they are just popping out. I am afraid of switching them at a week or two since they are auto-flowers i'm not sure if the big change in intensity and spectrum could cause them to flip sooner then they should so this way they will be used to that light from birth. I have no idea if this really maters but it sounds good in my stoned head :D

My first grow the seeds were popped under LED
IMG_0490_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0491_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0487_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0483_640x480_.jpg
IMG_0484_640x480_.jpg
:peace::welcome:

I'm adding to my cfl's and building my own led lights. I'm waiting on the tips for my thermal adhesive and the ac cords for the drivers and it'll all go together. I'm setting up 2 arrays 16 luxeon es reds on one and 14 red with 2 deep blue for the other. I'll start flower under the cfl's and finish under these with a 2 foot t5 in between. The heat sinks are square aluminum tubes with a fan at the end.

I'm adding to my cfl's and building my own led lights. I'm waiting on the tips for my thermal adhesive and the ac cords for the drivers and it'll all go together. I'm setting up 2 arrays 16 luxeon es reds on one and 14 red with 2 deep blue for the other. I'll start flower under the cfl's and finish under these with a 2 foot t5 in between. The heat sinks are square aluminum tubes with a fan at the end.

First array of 16 is done and bright as hell.

Back
Top Bottom