How to know when a cbd plant is finished

Sueet

May be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer so I'm asking.

I'm growing cbd plants for the first time, and I know they aren't near ready yet, maybe 7-8 weeks in and no signs of stigma/pistils changing or anything, just want to find out what to watch for. I use trichomes/overall appearance/smell with my regular girls, and I tend to prefer the more mature side of cloudy for trichs, but I have no idea what to look for on a cbd plant. (they had pm when I brought them inside which caused some dmg) Thanks in advance.

ETA: I guess I also need to ask, do I still cure it the same way? Or does cbd not need that? Does it need to be decarbed for edibles?

@Sueet , hope all is well in your world. That is an interesting question, something I just never considered or thought about, cbd being different to harvest as one would a thc plant.

Anyway, I've grown cbd plants for 3 yrs now, some were close to a 50/50 blend with thc while others were high in cbd and very low in thc, something like 0.5 %.

I treated them just as I would a high octane thc plant, and like you, I read the trics to the same degree I would a thc plant.

When I grow more than one plant of the same strain, I will play with the trics and cut one plant with light amber and wait a week or so and cut the other having much heaver amber, around 30 - 40%.

Whether that is the proper way or not, I don't know, but my yields have been enjoyable.

Take care my friend and hope you make the right decision.

garybo

@Sueet , hope all is well in your world. That is an interesting question, something I just never considered or thought about, cbd being different to harvest as one would a thc plant.

Anyway, I've grown cbd plants for 3 yrs now, some were close to a 50/50 blend with thc while others were high in cbd and very low in thc, something like 0.5 %.

I treated them just as I would a high octane thc plant, and like you, I read the trics to the same degree I would a thc plant.

When I grow more than one plant of the same strain, I will play with the trics and cut one plant with light amber and wait a week or so and cut the other having much heaver amber, around 30 - 40%.

Whether that is the proper way or not, I don't know, but my yields have been enjoyable.

Take care my friend and hope you make the right decision.

garybo
Thank you kindly for your input, I do appreciate it. Do you use your cbd as just smoke, or do you do edibles also?

I have grown Harley-Tsu and AC/DC and treated them the same as my THC plants in regards to harvest time and curing.

I smoked and made coco oil with my CBD. I would make my own 1:1 blend. The THC and CBD have better efficacy in the presence of the other. I reversed my precursor symptoms of glaucoma with it. I did 5 yrs daily of coco oil in the morning and smoking all day about every 3-4 hours; tinctures as well.

Be well my friend.

I have grown Harley-Tsu and AC/DC and treated them the same as my THC plants in regards to harvest time and curing.

I smoked and made coco oil with my CBD. I would make my own 1:1 blend. The THC and CBD have better efficacy in the presence of the other. I reversed my precursor symptoms of glaucoma with it. I did 5 yrs daily of coco oil in the morning and smoking all day about every 3-4 hours; tinctures as well.

Be well my friend.
Thank you, do you decarb the cbd plant/s before you make coco oil with it ?

Thank you kindly for your input, I do appreciate it. Do you use your cbd as just smoke, or do you do edibles also?
We just smoke mostly, it's easier...roll and toke. Sometimes though I'll decarb in order to add to drink or food.
Take care.

May be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer so I'm asking.

I'm growing cbd plants for the first time, and I know they aren't near ready yet, maybe 7-8 weeks in and no signs of stigma/pistils changing or anything, just want to find out what to watch for. I use trichomes/overall appearance/smell with my regular girls, and I tend to prefer the more mature side of cloudy for trichs, but I have no idea what to look for on a cbd plant. (they had pm when I brought them inside which caused some dmg) Thanks in advance.

ETA: I guess I also need to ask, do I still cure it the same way? Or does cbd not need that? Does it need to be decarbed for edibles?

You read my mind with this post. I’m in the same boat with my Cannatonic plant. First time growing a cbd plant and had the same questions. Thanks for the post and the replies.

NTH

@Sueet , I have been growing various strains containing different amounts of CBD for about 7 years now. Through much trial and error I have come to the same conclusions as all of the wonderful guidance given here. I smoke, vape, and make edibles from my harvests too.

Live well...

Back
Top Bottom