HPS - LED - CFL- AIS - Air Injection System - BB - WW - C99

Re: HPS - LED - CFL- AIS (Air Injection System) - BB - WW - C99

Looking good man. She still looks early, but all those trichomes are soooo promising.
yes she has 2-3 weeks. she is supposed to be 7 weeks flower and she is 6 weeks from flowers forming i dont count the 10 days it took her to get the their on 12/12. There is no way 7 weeks she will be done. especially since i am gonna have this one go till i see 20% amber. I want this plant to be a 1 hit plant.

Looking good.
How many watts you got in flower?

Subbed
635 hps and 114 led. 1 plant now. I am trying to get 1 gram per watt and its gonna be close. I might go over that, well i am hoping. I can only say this AIS is the shit. I have a new design all ready and will improve next run after i make mothers and take a vacation. Also after huge research and a few growers who have a century between the 4 of them growing MJ i will be using Dyna Grow Foliage pro and pro-tekt. i have seen to many threads from them. With my soil and AIS it should rock solid. I know this I am disapointed in the line i am using. If you have any comments about the line i will be using please ask in 7 months when i harvest again. Yes gonna make mothers of 6 strains maybe 8 and grow them folllowed by clones of them and Run 2 strains for a grow report. Red Purps (photo), super speed (auto's). From a sponsor of 420. They asked me to do a grow report and see what they can do. All i am like the rest have allot to learn and research and your friend base is huge. Having growers with 2-3 decades of growing under their belt is huge. Learn your way and make it yours i say. AIS is gonna have my name all over it.

Cool story bro.
How long have you yourself been growing? 2-3 decades wow. I hope I'm still growing in 30 years lol. You seem to know your shit! Boiling roots, air injecting soil and sexing seeds.

They asked you to do a grow report? Nice! I've been trying to get a sponsorship to to do grow reports and I've contacted a few of the sponsors, they told me I needed more expirence if I wanted to do something like that. But I could order seeds and do a report if I wanted Hahahahah defeats the purpose but ok. How did you go about that? Or is it just because your so expirenced?

Cheers

It was the sweet pics i got. only the Big BB did justice. Bro i grew outdoors planted seed walked away stopped back 30 days later gave them some fert sticks and walked away for 3 months came back and either chopped or waited. That was outside. this indoors is new to me. I researched and found what i wanted to take a go at. yes most would not choose AIS. Its learning i dont care how great a grower anyone is we all still learn. We find what works for us on a basis of hoe much time do i have to tend to them. I can give 1 hr in am and 1 hr in pm right now. in winter i can give all day. so in november i started reading posts. I knew i had small money and had to make it work till i can get more while learning the lights. Oh yeah before i started my first indoor seeds i had 8 weeks of 8 plus hrs a day reading researching. yeah i missed a few things for indoor growing. I tried 4 diff styles to see what worked best for me with AIS. I failed in a few areas. I have learned allot. joined a private group (invite only) and they set me right. I already learned a few great tricks. I have read allot of great stuff here on 420. the old posts 2011 or so have allot of great info. 1 of them compared dyna grow against AN and AN got beet easy. Well the ones on the private site had been telling me all along to use dyna grow. So i am now. it arrives in am and will add to the cocktail i use. it should stop all leaf drop and such. I dotn have all the answers but i grew 5 plants so far at over 1lb yield so research pays off. I knew allot already my mom ran 3 greenhouses when i was growing up. Green thumb runs in the family. Out of everything the most important is.
air flow
Oxygen to the roots
Nute balance( can they handle 1/8-1/4-1/2 ect strength?
light either led/hps or mix. gonna try CMH next then stronger led panels.
LST/mainlining/supercropping/fim/top they need and love it.
Bigger pots a 5 gallon AIS is like 10-12 gallon air pot/hemp pot.
If i had to do it again i would have started with the rite nutes. I visted a friends grow and he uses Dyan grow foliage pro. hello are you kidding me? So now i have a new design it takes 2 5 gallon buckets which will increase my AIS to 7-7.5 gallon. Will allow me to change res fast and easy. currently it takes 1.5 hrs to drain my c99 pot and another 1-2 hrs to refill her res. when i could do it in 2 minutes and 15 min clean up to do another. i still cant beleave i had a bud over 2 oz. that is after trimming 1/2 oz off so i could fit her into the jar. Its the oxygen. Let me build my new pots and test it then i will share pics and help anyone to do this. Last/current gro i had issues learning/fire ect. I still did good. but 3 plants really was small and didnt yield much at all. goal is to even out the yield on the 2nd run of
AIS

Cool story bro.
How long have you yourself been growing? 2-3 decades wow. I hope I'm still growing in 30 years lol. You seem to know your shit! Boiling roots, air injecting soil and sexing seeds.

They asked you to do a grow report? Nice! I've been trying to get a sponsorship to to do grow reports and I've contacted a few of the sponsors, they told me I needed more expirence if I wanted to do something like that. But I could order seeds and do a report if I wanted Hahahahah defeats the purpose but ok. How did you go about that? Or is it just because your so expirenced?

Cheers

Oh OK. In that case I've been growing for 20 years lol. I've been doing outdoor as well. Chuck clones out and hope for the best, That is called guerilla gardening.

What crop number is this for indoor? Have you done side by side with boiling and not boiling? Have you done any of the theories or things you were told? I have. I'm about ready to harvest my 9th crop.

I really hope this don't come across as snotty or rude. But what proof do you have besides reading articles and hearsay that these methods work. I'm just really into understanding things to there fullest, I don't take anything anyone tells me for face value without my own research. "The sky is blue" hmm let me have a gander..... Yup it is! Lol

Again just looking to expand. I thought freezer drying weed was crazy till I tried it and did it properly, now i wont dry cure any other way, And now I understand the science. Boiling roots I can't find any science backing it up. Maybe I boiled wrong, can you explain or link me your method.

I'll try anything once! Sometimes twice lol I have over 2000 hours of reading on the subject of growing cannabis. I just figured it out over the past 2 years. And I got almost 1 year of HANDS ON. And I've debunked probably half the theories I've read so far myself. Including boiling roots and sexing seeds. Boiling just made a big fucking mess in my kitchen lol and I got probably 1000 fem seeds without a dent. My only clue is 1 I boiled wrong and 2 my seeds are morphidite. Both are possible lol

Cheers man I look forward to your replies

okay i did the boiling water 2 times so far. out of the 5 plants 2 had the boiling water. now you apply the boiling water in the same amount that the pot is. so for each gal of soil/medium of for hydro you apply 1 gal of boiling water. i had 5 gall pots so at first i boiled a huge pan while i drained my res under my plant i was ready to apply it too. I ended up using jsut over 1.5 gallons of boiling water each time that filled my pot up it could hold no more. i left that plant in the flower room at 12/12 for 3 days. during that time it started finishing fast and drying/curing on the plant. also i noticed it was getting allot stickier then it was. that is my experience. As for the links they are on Riddle's site. a private site. i have been there for over a month. i am like you i read allot i have not found anything about the boiling water. I talk to a few grower friends weekly on the phone and 1 of them told me he had seen the boiling water in action. So i tried it and it works. I am gonna be late for work and will read what you posted again when i get back and fill in anything i missed. I have been told freezing the week can damage the weed. I am not a guy who has years under his belt indoors but i have friends who are and they guide me allot. okay be back after work.

Okay proof is out of 5 plants 3 got chopped and wasn't that sticky. The 2 that got it was totally sticky. Also you loose allot of water weight while they are still in the pots for the 3 days. It starts curing during the 3 days also so speeds that part up as well.
I am not sure if i missed anything so if i did ask again please.

Now as far as debunking the sexing seeds before germ i will test this more i have so far did it 2 times and both times it was 100%. I will do it with the 25 seeds i have that are reg. 3 at a time.
You have my interest on the freezer drying/curing. do you have a thread that tells how to do it. Like you i am willing to try almost anything once. I know if we all test diff things and see how it works them share it and another tries and confirms then it is known to work.
There was like 3 who said they was using the boiling water method and i hope they come and post back there findings.
See as far as feeding and such goes most cant copy what i do since i am using AIS. I feed feed feed water feed feed feed water repeat then change the res. i let the plant take what it wants. I am still working on the perfect nutes. I received the Dyna gro foliage pro today and make up 3 1/2 gallons at double strength. Each am i use 1/4 gal of the mix with 1/4 gal of water and feed them. I am working on the perfect bloom mix. I have the Veg mix well it just changed since i will use FP the whole time.

Okay proof is out of 5 plants 3 got chopped and wasn't that sticky. The 2 that got it was totally sticky. Also you loose allot of water weight while they are still in the pots for the 3 days. It starts curing during the 3 days also so speeds that part up as well.
I am not sure if i missed anything so if i did ask again please.

Now as far as debunking the sexing seeds before germ i will test this more i have so far did it 2 times and both times it was 100%. I will do it with the 25 seeds i have that are reg. 3 at a time.
You have my interest on the freezer drying/curing. do you have a thread that tells how to do it. Like you i am willing to try almost anything once. I know if we all test diff things and see how it works them share it and another tries and confirms then it is known to work.
There was like 3 who said they was using the boiling water method and i hope they come and post back there findings.
See as far as feeding and such goes most cant copy what i do since i am using AIS. I feed feed feed water feed feed feed water repeat then change the res. i let the plant take what it wants. I am still working on the perfect nutes. I received the Dyna gro foliage pro today and make up 3 1/2 gallons at double strength. Each am i use 1/4 gal of the mix with 1/4 gal of water and feed them. I am working on the perfect bloom mix. I have the Veg mix well it just changed since i will use FP the whole time.

Got ya oin the boil method. I may give it another try. All my plants are sticky as hell during harvest so I'm not sure if I'll notice on texture alone. I can see it making a plant more stickey. Steam breaking trich heads.

As for sexing seeds, not sure if you know this or not. But all bag seed is usually from self pollinated hermed plants. F+F=F all the seeds are female anyways. And if your testing this theory ya should be germinating the suspected males as well to document.

I don't have a link to the method, I was told this by friends of mine out west who mass produce for most of Canada. And they all do it.
If you Google it you'll find another site and quoting Ed Rosenthal. Who is or was a main advisor to my friends out west.

Cool news on the new nutes. Are you starting them in a fresh plant to compare, or one already into flowering and already using another line.

What is ais?

Nice chatting with ya man. I love learning shit!

Lol just realized I didn't elaborate on freezer drying.
Hang or rack dry as usual. 3-4 days till crispy but still some moisture in the stems.. Might be more or less depending on conditions.
Place buds in card board boxes I was told and still do. Any container will work just dont seal it.

About 3 weeks later you got nice and cured dry pot. Ready to be sealed in bags for long periods. I start smoking mine after a day or 2 being in the freezer. Every day after that it gets better and better.

I check on mine every day, just because I'm still sketchy on the procedure. And didn't fully trust it till last harvest.

Trichs won't fall off and get broken as long as your not rough handling it. Or let it warm up before ya roll around in it or whatever lol

Ed recommends it, gotta be some truth behind sublimination and drying pot.

Cheers bro.

AIS Air injection soil. You have the soil on top and a cotten batting to hold it up on the bottom you have lava rocks and sir stones. So 25-30% of pot is hydro. You water/feed 2 times a day. I had a fire moved them 2 times and still got huge yields. I have a new system i am gonna do for the next run. I should blow minds when its harvested/dried/cured.
The seeds that doc is for is reg seeds, not from making fem seeds. So with the ones i got there should only be 2 for sure and 4 q's more. I dotn have all the answers, i do research allot. i also enjoy talking with a person who has experience.

Some damn fine stonking big buds, great job! Oh and if you want an easy way to bulk them up a touch more with hardly any work, check my bud backbuilding tech. There's a link to a quick guide in my sig. It has plenty of input from others showing how well it works! :)

I'll second back building. Fucking awesome results. I'll never not back build again, plain and simple. Common practice for me now.

Acthualy do you mind if I link it in my SIG?

While were on topic. Do you boil your roots? Or freezer dry your pot?

AIS Air injection soil. You have the soil on top and a cotten batting to hold it up on the bottom you have lava rocks and sir stones. So 25-30% of pot is hydro. You water/feed 2 times a day. I had a fire moved them 2 times and still got huge yields. I have a new system i am gonna do for the next run. I should blow minds when its harvested/dried/cured.
The seeds that doc is for is reg seeds, not from making fem seeds. So with the ones i got there should only be 2 for sure and 4 q's more. I dotn have all the answers, i do research allot. i also enjoy talking with a person who has experience.

Me too bro. What fascinates me is all the unconventional methods more so then the tried tested and true.

Ais now that makes sense totally. I'm going to look into this, perhaps another up coming side by side.

I enjoy a good q and a, espically with people like yourself that don't take questions as personal attacks, I'm just curious is all.

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

Not sure how much sense it makes but I will try it because someone said don't...LOL. My trim is in the freezer and eventually at least 2 of the canning jars will go in the freezer. Maybe more if I get more positive vibes...LOL. I got 10 little 4oz jars, I could split them between the freezer and mini frig. The CVaults will stay in the mini.

Closing out my journal this weekend with a wrap up.

For freezing, make sure your lids are off of the jars. You want the freezers frost free workings to dry out the herb

Yes i dont try to follow others all the way at some point i have to cut my own trail. Growing outdoors showed me a few things as did working in greenhouses my whole life. I picked ais and didnt have the money to buy the pre made setups and made a few rookie mistakes. This next grow will not have those issues. I received my Foliage pro and already made up a weeks worth of feed. I have a question for those with years and years exp. I use molasses for cal/mag should i switch to dyna gro cal/mag? for my next run?

Back
Top Bottom